Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dante Logos posted:

I don't know. Kids these days are all proficient killers. What with the video games being murder simulators and all.

Now that you mention it, my nephew of the same age has already figured out Banana Kong on my brother's iPhone... :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Enjoying several things Mitt Romney never will.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Babies shoot their parents with guns they find in their mother's purses all the time. It's just the liberal media focusing on it now trying to make it sound like some horrible new problem we need gun control to fix.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

This kills the competitors. . .

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Just proving more that the book of 'his' that is coming out soon was clearly ghostwritten when it came to gay marriage.

That book is a goldmine, by the way. I read an article pointing out a couple of choice quotes.

Mike Huckabee posted:

“If ego could be turned into electricity, Washington, D.C. would have electric power in unlimited levels and never have a power outage…”

This, at least, is true, if a worthless statement. Who are we trying to convince, the people who think politicians are humble civil servants?

Mike Huckabee posted:

“If people don’t put pepper sauce on their black-eyed peas or order fried green tomatoes for an appetizer, I probably won’t relate to them without some effort.”

Those things are delicious (full disclosure: I'm from Tennessee), but I'm pretty sure 80% of America hasn't even heard of fried green tomatoes. So much for the "guy I could have a beer with" president.

Mike Huckabee posted:

“Most people living in my world just want to be left alone.”

Right, because everyone else just loves government intervention!

Mike Huckabee posted:

“Being an economist must be interesting since they are paid handsomely to be wrong most of the time.”

Mike Huckabee posted:

“Government doesn’t do things well even when it takes its sweet time. When it acts in haste, it can really screw things up.”

Mike Huckabee posted:

“When someone says ‘There ought to be a law,’ it’s going to cost you.”

Mike Huckabee posted:

“The IRS is a criminal enterprise, it systematically violates our constitutional rights, and it has to go… It’s the closest thing America has to a goose-stepping Gestapo.”

Mike Huckabee posted:

“Yes, poverty is a condition for poor people, but it’s a career for those who administer the programs and who would be put out of business if they were actually successful in eradicating poverty.”

Glad to hear you support mincome.

Mike Huckabee posted:

“I don’t think we need more money in government; I do think we need more morality and decency in our culture.”

I mean, if you think the problem is in culture and not government, then why don't you go run for culture president? Oh yeah, because you've already done the "being a preacher and playing in a band" thing and decided this was more profitable.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Republicans posted:

Babies shoot their parents with guns they find in their mother's purses all the time. It's just the liberal media focusing on it now trying to make it sound like some horrible new problem we need gun control to fix.

You're joking. Right? ....Right? :psyduck:

Grope-A-Matic
Nov 16, 2008

sigh... you really suck at hand
to hand combat i wont lie and
this is way more challenging
then i thought it would be. to
teach you hand to hand combat,
alright i will try to teach you
some more hand to hand combat

Joementum posted:

I'm pretty sure Mitt already enjoys the company of white women.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

On Terra Firma posted:

You're joking. Right? ....Right? :psyduck:

I was joking in the second sentence. I wish I was joking in the first.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Republicans posted:

I was joking in the second sentence. I wish I was joking in the first.

Didn't that same thing happen in a Walmart like literally 2 weeks ago? Admittedly that toddler wasn't quite the crack shot.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Good Citizen posted:

Didn't that same thing happen in a Walmart like literally 2 weeks ago? Admittedly that toddler wasn't quite the crack shot.

About a month ago, yeah. Only that kid was 2 years old and the mom died.

Last I heard he didn't even realize what happened and that his mom is just missing for some reason. I wonder if he knows yet. :(

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the night, "You should get your kids vaccinated." ~ Barack Obama.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Joementum posted:

That wily Trollbongomer, trying to get Republicans to kill themselves via measles.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

On one hand I really do not want children to die because of poo poo heads now refusing to vaccinate their kids. On the other hand now spitfully I can legitimately say they are abusing their kids and say they belong in prison with no access to them.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

That wily Trollbongomer, trying to get Republicans to kill themselves via measles.

Tomorrows quote of the day: "Vaccines are and evil plan by Obama to make you dependent on the government"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Republicans posted:

Last I heard he didn't even realize what happened and that his mom is just missing for some reason. I wonder if he knows yet. :(

:cry:

I can't think about this too much -- the emotionally-abusive Super Bowl commercials have left me a weepy ball of poo poo this weekend.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Joementum posted:

I hope someone sticks a microphone in Michele Bachmann's face and asks her to weigh in.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Republicans posted:

I hope someone sticks a microphone in Michele Bachmann's face and asks her to weigh in.

Especially right now while she's probably trashed in a sports bar.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

site posted:

Especially right now while she's probably trashing a sports bar.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

site posted:

Especially right now while she's probably hiding in the bushes outside a gay bar.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Justus posted:

Glad to hear you support mincome.

Huckabee is actually kinda-sorta in favor of social programs for non-deviants and non-moochers. Sometimes.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Joementum posted:

Look at that nice thick layer of hopscum. That beer looks loving delicious.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

How does the IRS processing returns more quickly, allowing Kansas Dept. of Revenue to process returns more quickly lead to less money overall? Have I smoked something? I'm having trouble understanding how more IRS refunds leads to less tax revenue. Shouldn't people be spending that money?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

ErIog posted:

How does the IRS processing returns more quickly, allowing Kansas Dept. of Revenue to process returns more quickly lead to less money overall? Have I smoked something? I'm having trouble understanding how more IRS refunds leads to less tax revenue. Shouldn't people be spending that money?

They had to pay out state refunds sooner than expected, while people who owe wait until April. They want us to check back in April to see if it has balanced out. Although their math doesn't add up.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

sullat posted:

They had to pay out state refunds sooner than expected, while people who owe wait until April. They want us to check back in April to see if it has balanced out. Although their math doesn't add up.

Okay, this makes more sense, and I feel real stupid.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Went ahead and added the three Twitter accounts that have been mentioned to the OP, now that we've moved past the first page (so fewer comments will likely be incoming). I may still add recommendations there if anything comes up during the month (and I remember to) though.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

ErIog posted:

Okay, this makes more sense, and I feel real stupid.

It's OK.

Mike Huckabee posted:

“The IRS is a criminal enterprise, it systematically violates our constitutional rights, and it has to go… It’s the closest thing America has to a goose-stepping Gestapo.”

Clearly the IRS is trying to sabotage Brownback's career and experiment with glorious capitalism with their ruthlessly efficient administration of the welfare state.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

You know, I could live with a War On Anti-Vaxxers to replace the reduced rates of growth in the privitize corrections industry due to Obama's initiatives to correct sentencing disparity.

Children need parents, unless those parents refuse to vaccinate their children due to non-religious reasons, then those children need state protection and those parents need enhanced supervision in the rural jobs program that is America's corrections industry.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Went ahead and added the three Twitter accounts that have been mentioned to the OP, now that we've moved past the first page (so fewer comments will likely be incoming). I may still add recommendations there if anything comes up during the month (and I remember to) though.

you've done your part cosmo, sleep now

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

At this point my thought on Anti-Vaxxers can be summarized as:

There are people who's belief system is more important to them than the rights of Americans to walk the streets without fear.

There are people who are actively putting your children at risks of exposure to deadly biological agents.

There are people who think that America isn't the greatest nation on earth and are sure they know better than you do how to parent your children, just like communists.

These people are Terrorists.

Anti-Vaxxers are 100% Terrorists and should be treated as such.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Schizotek posted:

Look at that nice thick layer of hopscum. That beer looks loving delicious.

It is a pretty solid beer. I used to get all my homebrew supply at a shop owned by a trio of raggedy, libertarian hunter-types. It was pretty funny, because my brew-buddy became pretty good friends with them despite his being black and their being pretty loving racist. He was good at calling them on their poo poo, he'd just calmly say, "Hey now," when they got out of line and they'd quickly apologize and move on.

Anyway, they not only sold a kit for that beer but would regularly include it in their rotation. They'd always comment that they hated Obama's politics but loved that he was representing homebrewing and that it is a drat fine drinking beer.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

RuanGacho posted:

At this point my thought on Anti-Vaxxers can be summarized as:

There are people who's belief system is more important to them than the rights of Americans to walk the streets without fear.

There are people who are actively putting your children at risks of exposure to deadly biological agents.

There are people who think that America isn't the greatest nation on earth and are sure they know better than you do how to parent your children, just like communists.

Anti-Vaxxers are 100% Terrorists and should be treated as such.

I unironically agree with everything here.

Really I would at the least like to see them denied most basic services for putting us at risk like they have.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Joementum posted:

Even know I know this actually happened this photo just looks photoshopped.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Pursuant to matters of national security and safety, vaccinations should be mandatory for all US citizens unless you are one of the few people that are medically unable to receive them.

No moral objection allowed. No religious objection allowed. Just like pretty much every other law in the goddamn country. Refusing to vaccinate your children (unless deemed ineligible by medical professionals) gets you charged with negligence and child abuse. Forging documentation of a child receiving vaccinations would be a felony and medical personnel who assist in such activity also have their license to practice medicine, of any kind, revoked permanently.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
you can refuse vaccinations but you still get a shot

in the face

with a bullet

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Evil Fluffy posted:

Pursuant to matters of national security and safety, vaccinations should be mandatory for all US citizens unless you are one of the few people that are medically unable to receive them.

No moral objection allowed. No religious objection allowed. Just like pretty much every other law in the goddamn country. Refusing to vaccinate your children (unless deemed ineligible by medical professionals) gets you charged with negligence and child abuse. Forging documentation of a child receiving vaccinations would be a felony and medical personnel who assist in such activity also have their license to practice medicine, of any kind, revoked permanently.

Pffft, next you'll tell me I can't have religious objections to putting infants in car seats either. :jerkbag:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

RuanGacho posted:

At this point my thought on climate change deniers can be summarized as:

Climate change deniers are 100% Terrorists and should be treated as such.

Works just about as well.

Which is to say, great in DnD and ineffective in America at large.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Is there any constitutional reason we allow religious exemption for vaccination? Or do we just allow it for the sake of convenience since normally very few people seek it, those that did generally isolate themselves from the rest of society and herd immunity could pick up the slack?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Hey now, religious minorities have a right to refuse vaccination, so long as their refusal is a legitimately held belief consistent with other aspects of their faith (Amish, for instance) and that their population is not of sufficient quantity to pose threat to herd immunity of broader society.

Now, goddamn california hippies? Take away their electricity if they don't want vaccines for their kids, and just wait to see how long until they cave.

Of course, there is a political middle-ground between mandatory minimum sentencing for anti-vaxxers and allowing anti-vaxxers to compromise American herd immunity without reprocussions: A 25% flat tax upon income and capital gains for all Americans, with automatic exemption for individuals who file their children's vaccination records and receive an e-health ID with IRS, with a portion of revenue allocated as a Federal reimbursement to follow prisoners per-head with all agents which handle their affairs during the time of their incarceration and for the two years following, in addition to funding a special sovreign wealth fund to be used for an emergence CDC disease SWAT team.

Compromise and American politics: If you detest behavior, tax it.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Originally exemptions were granted for religious reasons. Since "religion" is a pretty nebulous concept from a Protestant (hence, American) viewpoint, it gradually got expanded to "sincere belief".

So we can mandate [things] but we have to make an exception for those whose religion forbids them from doing [things].

Edit: I'm actually cool with California Hippies not vaccinating. They tend to live in isolated communities, like the Amish. Also, like the Amish, there aren't many of them. I'm less sanguine when it comes to California Yuppies rocking "The OC" or "Inland Empire" not vaccinating because "gently caress you, got mine."

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/01/the_upper_middle_class_is_ruining_all_that_is_great_about_america.html

It's these fuckers, not hippies, that are the problem.

Shbobdb fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Feb 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Republicans posted:

Is there any constitutional reason we allow religious exemption for vaccination? Or do we just allow it for the sake of convenience since normally very few people seek it, those that did generally isolate themselves from the rest of society and herd immunity could pick up the slack?

After they get their stadium seating and jumbotrons they start buying politicians.

• Locked thread