Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

beanieson posted:

draw us one of those connection diagrams graphing out all the common sexual partners these 13 people share

shockingly enough nobody is loving anybody as far as I know. Helps that the only females are late 50s/early 60s dispatchers though. When I worked in a jail everybody was loving everybody poo poo was ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
He stole that drawing from The Slaughtered Lamb

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Branis posted:

shockingly enough nobody is loving anybody

Living the goon life I see.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

The fire fighters here are always wearing that kind of poo poo around town, you can always spot them in the gym, bar, etc by looking for ugly T-shirts with skulls, axes and flames.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

These are the only appropriate fireman t shirts

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Speaking of t-shirts, here's my favourite copshirt story:

When I was in college I had an instructor who was a great guy. Perfect balance of toughness and talkativeness. Absolute silk tongue but he used to be a total street monster. He was really proud of the minimal damage he ever did when he absolutely had to fight.

He showed us a picture once from the late 80's. He's wearing a yellow t-shirt with the old school macdonalds logo and underneath it says "over 285 served".

That's how many people he'd choked out in his career so far :allears:

He apparently was a total ninja at it, and he loved it because he could resolve a fight without anyone getting hit with a baton or punched in the face. Just put them to sleep and wake them up with cuffs on. No broken bones, no dislocated joints.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Not counting the brain damage.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
If you're getting choked out by a cop, chances are you came in to the situation with more than your fair share already

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

DrakeriderCa posted:

Speaking of t-shirts, here's my favourite copshirt story:

When I was in college I had an instructor who was a great guy. Perfect balance of toughness and talkativeness. Absolute silk tongue but he used to be a total street monster. He was really proud of the minimal damage he ever did when he absolutely had to fight.

He showed us a picture once from the late 80's. He's wearing a yellow t-shirt with the old school macdonalds logo and underneath it says "over 285 served".

That's how many people he'd choked out in his career so far :allears:

He apparently was a total ninja at it, and he loved it because he could resolve a fight without anyone getting hit with a baton or punched in the face. Just put them to sleep and wake them up with cuffs on. No broken bones, no dislocated joints.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
To be clear, in his career he choked out almost 300 people and never had a significant injury result

But yeah, they were all criminals and would have deserved it anyways :v:

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
We were always told that choking people out was a definite no-no

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Hezzy posted:

Which is exactly why we fought for (and won) our independence :patriot:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
america: we left the empire so we could choke out black people

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Mike-o posted:

america: we left the empire so we could choke out enslave black people

Fixed

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Hezzy posted:

Choke yo'self fool! (But safely pleeeze)

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Hezzy posted:

Yeah, I don't think any agencies in Canada allow it anymore either. I can see why - as a use of force technique it's a liability nightmare. They'd prefer that we smash people in the common peroneal with a stick. The results are more predictable.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
"I tried to hit him in the arm with my baton, but he moved and I missed, striking him on the temple. 4 times in a row. I then attempted to place him in handcuffs, but as I reached for my kit belt I accidentally urinated on him. As I checked the cuffs for tightness and double locked them I also slipped in the melee and tore out his nipple piercings with my leatherman multitool. I was acting in a legal, proportional and accountable manner, your Honour, and in accordance with my training and Police Service Policy"

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Branis posted:

dispatchers aren't armed but they are guaranteed to be better shots than any english cop. Hell they could outshoot any NYPD cop too.

oh really

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
omg do we need new leadership. we were told at roll call it's an election year so expect to be written up or disciplined severely for ANYTHING we do. by command of admin. no more warnings. or something. got a poor guy on my squad that's never really been in work trouble, violated a minor go, and they're raking him over the coals to make an example. think we literally heard an lt say "we're tired of your bitching whos next".

not a fan of people losing jobs because of an election but hoping the next guy cleans house.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Are you guys unionized? I would say now would be a good time to grieve everything.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Untagged posted:

omg do we need new leadership. we were told at roll call it's an election year so expect to be written up or disciplined severely for ANYTHING we do. by command of admin. no more warnings. or something. got a poor guy on my squad that's never really been in work trouble, violated a minor go, and they're raking him over the coals to make an example. think we literally heard an lt say "we're tired of your bitching whos next".

not a fan of people losing jobs because of an election but hoping the next guy cleans house.

By election year do you mean your CLEO is elected? Like a sheriff or similar? Or do you mean it's the local government elections and they're pressuring the leadership?

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Time to nope the gently caress off to a different department.

Or quit the job entirely, move south, and bask in the glory of not working for a poo poo department.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Whale Cancer posted:

Are you guys unionized? I would say now would be a good time to grieve everything.

We're not. Not because we don't want to be but because state law forbids it. There are only certain things we're allowed to grieve, and getting hosed because the brass said so won't get you anywhere with the board anyway since they all work for the administration.

DrakeriderCa posted:

By election year do you mean your CLEO is elected? Like a sheriff or similar? Or do you mean it's the local government elections and they're pressuring the leadership?

Actually all of the above. It's one of those years where every local office is running. So not only is our brass freaking the gently caress out about everything, and the ones that are trying to look past the bullshit are freaking about which local politicians will win and ultimately approve (or not) our requested budget, etc. etc. etc. You could save a baby's life, but if your heard cursing on camera or some poo poo kiss your job goodbye because the chief is worried about the political repercussions of your actions.

GunForumMeme posted:

Time to nope the gently caress off to a different department.

Or quit the job entirely, move south, and bask in the glory of not working for a poo poo department.

But my retirement account. :negative:.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
My sheriff basically runs this place, he's been unopposed for the majority of his elections and the few times he's had an opponent he won with landslides. We really don't have to worry about politics until he's ready to retire I suppose.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

beanieson posted:

My sheriff basically runs this place, he's been unopposed for the majority of his elections and the few times he's had an opponent he won with landslides. We really don't have to worry about politics until he's ready to retire I suppose.

you should run against him. i would vote for you :patriot:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

yes, come at me bro.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

you should run against him. i would vote for you :patriot:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
new patch for your tac vest beanie
click for loving huge

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Am I wrong to assume that everyone who wears such patch is ten times more likely to do exactly opposite of what the patch talks about than the average cop?

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 8, 2015

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Vahakyla posted:

Am I wrong to assume that everyone who wears such patch is ten times more likely to do what the patch talks about than the average cop?

Quite the reverse actually

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Vahakyla posted:

Am I wrong to assume that everyone who wears such patch is ten times more likely to do exactly opposite of what the patch talks about than the average cop?

Yeah this is more accurate

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

basically the kind of person who wears this patch will routinely violate the rights of just about everyone while jerking off to pictures of whoever that rancher who didn't pay taxes was

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
3% OATHKEEPER (unless you are brown or a liberal or don't fall into my narrow view of what a real american should be)

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
In the Army, fellow officer candidate wore "Finnish Patriot" shirts on his free time, talked about the honor of the veterans and the INTERGRITY, FREEDOM AND HONOR OF BEING AN ARMY OFFICER, held these awkward speeches about dignity and the sacred honor of officer oath. And trashed nonstop on a lady officer who was a former drug user and a homeless person. While she was one of the most legit awesome people.

Naturally he was the one stealing chocolate bars from the backbags of enlisted men, sexually harassing women, skimping out on every duty and even being a coward during live fire exercises, like freezing still in panic when a Leopard2A4 stops next to him and fires its main gun. Then afterwards talking about the brave assault against the wooden targets.

And then he, for a reason I don't loving get, volunteered for Readiness Forces and went to Afghanistan. They shipped him back. I just don't get why one volunteers to go to war while one freezes because a tank fires during an exercise.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 8, 2015

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

basically the kind of person who wears this patch will routinely violate the rights of just about everyone while jerking off to pictures of whoever that rancher who didn't pay taxes was

Which is why Branis recommend it to me :patriot:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
you would wear it ironically though. kind of like a cop hipster but instead of flannel and skinny jeans you wear dumb morale patches and say wolf hunter alot.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

you would wear it ironically though. kind of like a cop hipster but instead of flannel and skinny jeans you wear dumb morale patches and say wolf hunter alot.

If I make detective I'm gonna troll the dept pretty hard by dressing full hipster for the first month or so. They won't even know what to make of it this far south.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

beanieson posted:

If I make detective I'm gonna troll the dept pretty hard by dressing full hipster for the first month or so. They won't even know what to make of it this far south.

If you do this, I hope you become the victim of a blue on blue and a fellow officer shoots you to wash away the department's shame

• Locked thread