Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wegee
Jul 26, 2006
My favorite way to make vehicles steer is to put sideways wheels on the front that can turn the front end. I then assign those wheels to separate keys. I find that this lets you turn the vehicle much sharper than if you had put the steering joints on side wheels like a car.

It looks a little silly, but it gives the most control.

Edit: Here's an example on my Crossbow vehicle

Wegee fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wegee
Jul 26, 2006

Internet Explorer posted:

I'm still working on it myself but put the steering hinges or whatever they are called on the front wheels only and don't turn them too far, as they can turn enough that the wheel slams into the base of your axle.

I can't get my vehicles to turn sharp enough with this method though. It's a real pain in the rear end.

Wegee
Jul 26, 2006

ImPureAwesome posted:

Anyone got a good way to go forward/backward with a flying machine? Also a way to keep my bombing bay from exploding?

Attach a propeller(the one you hit O for) or two to one of the steering joints going forward and backwards. Voila.

• Locked thread