Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

That second one, god drat. Man. That's brilliant.

Edit: These walkers are amazing. I'm not even sure how the managed it. It's so smooth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iqp1NUhZKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwcq-SkUyic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Something tells me they're just for style.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Well. I told myself I'd figure out how to make a transformer.

I can't for the life of me figure out how people make walkers so I compromised and it uses the wheel base of the car to move around.

It's incredibly finicky and not at all practical. It will snap if you do anything too fast and getting it up is really complicated with like five steps but here's the before:

And the after:

Not pictured: the extreme bendiness and incredible fragility. But still! I feel like I learned things. If I could figure out a way to brace it better maybe it'll work better. Oh well! Maybe next time I can figure out a walker.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

I keep trying to do stuff with the cogs but I can't think of anything I couldn't do with a powered wheel. I'm sure someone smarter than me will figure something out, though. I keep trying to think of ways I can use it to lower/raise siege weapons or make an automated 'bird' flier that flaps.

I made a cannon remarkably similar to Kemikalkadet's but mine is powered just by springs and, as a result, breaks all the loving time. It can fire pretty well when it works, though.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

I made a simple railgun/cannon. I'm pretty proud of it. It's also capable of very simple reloading! It's basically a really simplified version of a super complicated version I tried yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLLhCTisXk0

It'd be easy enough to add some more force to it to make it go further; I'd just need to add some more springs. It should also be able to shoot fireballs with little issues provided the wooden part of the launcher doesn't touch the fire. The reloading was also something I made in about 2 minutes and just relies on gravity. For some reason having boulders in the half pipes really slows them down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

One of these days I'm going to figure out how I can make an automatic flier with gears and/or the slider. Has anyone managed to make anything of the sort? I really want some kind of automated flappy winged flier. You can do it manually with some of the steering stuff but it's really a hassle.

• Locked thread