Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

vulturesrow posted:

THe red velvet oreos are terrible.

Truth, they would have been fine but they used that faux cream cheese in them and they are WAY too sweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Rekinom posted:

what do you do now? i forgot

I'm the worst sort of cubicle-dwelling, paper shuffling, bureaucrat. It's...unpleasant.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Godholio posted:

I'm the worst sort of cubicle-dwelling, paper shuffling, bureaucrat. It's...unpleasant.

Welcome to your nightmare! Welcome to my world!

(Insert as much of an imitation Freddy Kreuger laugh that a personnel weenie can muster)

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A Kpro posted:

PMEL is a sweet job. It's easy, there's always work to do (but gently caress torque wrenches), and no one fucks with us. I'll probably do this when I get out, 4 years of AF training is enough to get picked up by any company that does calibration stuff.

Well gently caress, I already bought two packs to use as the base of the next pies. I'm sure they can't be too bad with half a cup of butter mixed in.
The thing is I completely hate doing PMIs.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/military/2015/02/10/air-force-stressed-career-fields/23167053/

Look at that, a year ago I was up for voluntary/invol separation, now I'm in a an undermanned career field.

Shout out to all the other 12M brethren who are also stressed, lol.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
WHAT THE gently caress.

(Also, thought you were 11M for some reason.)

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

Maybe you're thinking of Rek? I flew RC-135s, now doing T-1s.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Wouldn't you be 12R3H (or J) for the RC-135?

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 11, 2015

TheOtherGypsy
Apr 6, 2004

xaarman posted:

http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/military/2015/02/10/air-force-stressed-career-fields/23167053/

Look at that, a year ago I was up for voluntary/invol separation, now I'm in a an undermanned career field.

Shout out to all the other 12M brethren who are also stressed, lol.

How are 12M's stressed?

They rif'ed/cross trained a ton of navigators out of C-130H's and now they're getting rid of the -135 navs.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

TheOtherGypsy posted:

How are 12M's stressed?

They rif'ed/cross trained a ton of navigators out of C-130H's and now they're getting rid of the -135 navs.

I have no loving idea. I could see how some CSOs would be undermanned (AFSOC) but 12M mobility Navs?! They were one of the hardest hit in the past RIF.

Dead Reckoning posted:

Wouldn't you be 12R3H (or J) for the RC-135?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYLPoTNnKAk

( :) )

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

xaarman posted:

I have no loving idea. I could see how some CSOs would be undermanned (AFSOC) but 12M mobility Navs?! They were one of the hardest hit in the past RIF.

Look at this guy who thinks AFPC could find it's own rear end with a loving map.

There is no plan, there never was a plan. That's why they weren't transparent in the slightest, and why there was so much conflicting information and direction being given out. They literally had no idea what the gently caress they were doing, and they weren't accountable to anyone so nobody was there to keep them in line or give them meaningful direction.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
The sad thing is, I'd probably come crawling back if they cancelled my RIF. I like my unit, and it's not like anyone else is going to pay me $90k a year in NorCal.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
AFPC lied our careers died.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Helldump Immunity. posted:

AFPC lied our careers died.

Did you have to sign a new ADSC shortly before your VSP? A whole ton of us had to because they hosed up the math the first time. It was probably only a few months before your VSP round.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
No, but I had to sign another one at Robins because they messed it up, iirc.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

terrez posted:

Whats the longest one of you has gone without doing any real, actual, work?

Appropriately enough today I spent some time making a ppt comparing a project someone is trying to force down our throats to Smykowski from Office Space.

They are both equally worthless.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

terrez posted:

Whats the longest one of you has gone without doing any real, actual, work?
What sort of handicap are we applying? Because I once had a PCS pushed back a month while I was 9/10 of the way through my outprocessing checklist. I showed up when I felt like, left when I felt like, and didn't do a drat thing. Only the certainty that my Commander at the time would NJP my rear end if given the opportunity kept me from going AWOL for 30 days.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

If anyone knows where to get a decent Initech mug that actually looks like the one in the movie, let me know. All I can find are etsy/cafepress poo poo that doesn't look right. Seriously, how is this not available on thinkgeek or something?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Godholio posted:

If anyone knows where to get a decent Initech mug that actually looks like the one in the movie, let me know. All I can find are etsy/cafepress poo poo that doesn't look right. Seriously, how is this not available on thinkgeek or something?

They sold it as part of the office space kit, which is like 500 bucks online from people trying to say its rare and poo poo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OFFICE-SPAC...=item20f5f3d750

15 bucks for the full kit, with the office mug

terrez
Mar 20, 2012

Dead Reckoning posted:

What sort of handicap are we applying? Because I once had a PCS pushed back a month while I was 9/10 of the way through my outprocessing checklist. I showed up when I felt like, left when I felt like, and didn't do a drat thing. Only the certainty that my Commander at the time would NJP my rear end if given the opportunity kept me from going AWOL for 30 days.

Eh whatever makes a good story. The more your life resembles that scene from Office Space (or the entire movie) the stupider the grin on my face.

Today I had to do some actual work and it was pretty Gay™.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Someone tell me about 1B4.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I didn't do any real work for my last 18 months in the Army

This is in no way an exaggeration. I would wake up at 7, go to formation at 730 and be back in my civilian clothes by 815. I would go to about three appointments all week, with the longest one lasting an hour. I would go to every appointment in civilians. I didn't shave for days on end and only cut my hair when I would get told to, which was maybe once every couple of months.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
I made some cupcakes for some squadron fundraiser. Normally I wouldn't care about this poo poo but I'm friends with the girl putting it together.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
she hot?

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Ask her if she'll sell you her muffin for the booster club.

hlfrk414
Dec 31, 2008

Shalhavet posted:

Someone tell me about 1B4.

Got that cross-train notice huh? Thinking the grass in greener in a critically manned field? Everyone wants to be a hacker. Sat and stared at that email for a while before closing it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Unites States vs Massey posted:

After returning from a deployment to Qatar in 2011, the appellant began to engage in a pattern of nonconsensual sexual contact with a 16-year-old relative. After being confronted by the child’s mother, the appellant made several ambiguous admissions of misconduct, telling her he had “crossed the line” and when confronted about placing his hand down the child’s pants, said he was only checking for pubic hair. The appellant later sent the child’s mother an email saying that something had broken inside him during his deployment, and that he “never ever did anything like that before.”
Broken by my Quatar deployment :cry:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Baskin Robbins was probably out of his favorite ice cream :ohdear:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
200 pages of single-space typing: "Untucked PT shirt and no reflective belt makes Massey a chiefed boy." Over and over.

EDIT: Don't tell me, let me guess: Comm?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
lol dude actually got convicted of Article 117 (provoking speech). What did he say you ask?

United States v Killion posted:

Once there, while undergoing treatment for his altered mental state and injuries to
his wrist and knee, the appellant lashed out at the medical providers both physically and
verbally. Struggling against restraint by two security forces members and the medical
staff, he verbally accosted several medical providers, calling one female nurse a “c[**]t”
and medical technicians “Asian douchebags” and “ch[*]nk.” This continued
intermittently for over an hour, ending only after the medical staff determined it was
necessary to sedate him.

This (unsurprisingly) involved large amounts of alcohol and was (again, unsurprisingly) in Korea, in case anyone was wondering

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

iyaayas01 posted:

lol dude actually got convicted of Article 117 (provoking speech). What did he say you ask?

This (unsurprisingly) involved large amounts of alcohol and was (again, unsurprisingly) in Korea, in case anyone was wondering
An oldy by goody.

If I remember correctly he was described as a model airman before this happened.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sounds like he got hosed up by that mag lite smack lol

terrez
Mar 20, 2012

Cole posted:

I didn't do any real work for my last 18 months in the Army

This is in no way an exaggeration. I would wake up at 7, go to formation at 730 and be back in my civilian clothes by 815. I would go to about three appointments all week, with the longest one lasting an hour. I would go to every appointment in civilians. I didn't shave for days on end and only cut my hair when I would get told to, which was maybe once every couple of months.

how

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Ft Gordon's WTB is ridiculously lax on accountability. At least A co. I learned early on that if you don't miss any appointment they don't gently caress with you.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
woke me up before my night shift for a piss test :troll:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

An oldy by goody.

If I remember correctly he was described as a model airman before this happened.

Best blotter story still the drunk PA lieutenant going on a pub crawl and riding a topiary animal.

Also loooool stressed career field, I guess as a 12m I am pretty stressed that we don't get bonuses. Also that a lot of my friends got fired for apparently no reason, but I usually end up going on vacation to drinkin' island whenever I think about that.

As a result of my position I've got tons of guard contacts, if any lurker 12ms are interested. Lots of c-130 units hiring right now.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Prop Wash posted:

As a result of my position I've got tons of guard contacts, if any lurker 12ms are interested. Lots of c-130 units hiring right now.
Check yo PMs.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Two hours late reporting is basically not a decision at all, and the roads are going to be just as bad at 0930, and they've been covered since last morning so idk why it took until like 10 pm yesterday to figure this poo poo out. Also nobody remembered to tell mid shift guys and they're all maintenance so many of them were dumb enough to get into their dodge chargers and give it a shot.

But I'm on leave anyway so

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I am heading over to Keesler next week, for the NCOA and I have a 30 day stay on base, anybody have any good recommendations for food, especially oysters? What is there to do on the weekends, I am bringing my bicycle with me, so hopefully I can get some trail riding in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

-

• Locked thread