Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Everyone here should make one new thread in Games today.

hmm maybe games is finally ready for an elevator action thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Since I didn't see a thread about it, is Citizens of Earth good, or complete garbage? And by that, is it actually fun to play, not that bullshit where goons hype up a new game because it has a lot of wacky "details" that amount to nothing (more or less every Assassin's Creed, GTA IV, that boring as poo poo South Park game). Also, from the screenshots, the character designs look okay, but the levels and backgrounds look like a lovely flash game or a mediocre RPG Maker game; is that a correct assessment?

I'm kinda hoping it's good, and if it is, what system should I get it for? I assume PC, but Vita, 3DS, and Wii U are all options for me.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Twitch posted:

I'm kinda hoping it's good, and if it is, what system should I get it for? I assume PC, but Vita, 3DS, and Wii U are all options for me.

As a general rule, if a game is available for PC you always get it on PC unless there is something special on the 3DS or Wii U version. And even then you get a second copy on PC.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

If something is available on the vita and doesn't perform like rear end you should get it there, so you aren't tied to a single location in order to play it

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
If it's some terrible anime pedophile game you get it on the vita, otherwise no

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Adam Bowen posted:

If it's some terrible anime pedophile game you get it on the vita, otherwise no

playing duke on the toilet vs. adam bowens opinion. hmmm

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The vita is really good

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Saagonsa posted:

The vita is really good

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I feel like everyone passed up Pix the Cat but it actually is a great game on both ps4 and Vita.

Trivially it's a bit like Snake plus Pac-man but it's much much more fun than that sounds, I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a fast paced puzzle game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I feel like everyone passed up Pix the Cat but it actually is a great game on both ps4 and Vita.

Trivially it's a bit like Snake plus Pac-man but it's much much more fun than that sounds, I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a fast paced puzzle game

unless you got it free in like september with ps+ its not worth the very high price they want for it also i'd say vita is superior because the d pad is much clickier and has less chance of misreading your input than ds4 where you can move left and right by pushing the down button too far to the side by accident.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Saagonsa posted:

The vita is really good

It has literally one game worth owning the system for, and that's a port of a PS2 RPG. Unless you're a huge anime loving pedophile of course.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Adam Bowen posted:

It has literally one game worth owning the system for, and that's a port of a PS2 RPG. Unless you're a huge anime loving pedophile of course.

if you have a sony console and ps+ for any amount of time you have enough vita games to make a refurb worth it. stop vita shaming it makes you look dumber than you're usually trying to look

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I have a shitload of PS+ games on Vita and they're almost all really bad. The few good ones are games like Binding of Isaac which are already available on every gaming device so who cares?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Wow this month I get a free copy of Spelunky, a game which anyone even slightly interested in that genre has already owned for at least a year or more. Thanks Vita!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I can't wait to play video games by myself in a dark room on valentines day. Single player only though because gently caress my depressed friends complaining about being single on valentines day.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Adam Bowen posted:

Wow this month I get a free copy of Spelunky, a game which anyone even slightly interested in that genre has already owned for at least a year or more. Thanks Vita!

if you like the game why don't you want to play it on the go or lying in bed? vita is life and you should get one.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

if you like the game why don't you want to play it on the go or lying in bed? vita is life and you should get one.

The Vita is really good for anime games that I would never admit to playing in public.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Adam Bowen posted:

Adam Bowen posted:

I have a shitload of PS+ games on Vita and they're almost all really bad. The few good ones are games like Binding of Isaac which are already available on every gaming device so who cares?

The Vita is hands down the best Spelunky platform, that's the point.

Real hurthling! posted:

unless you got it free in like september with ps+ its not worth the very high price they want for it also i'd say vita is superior because the d pad is much clickier and has less chance of misreading your input than ds4 where you can move left and right by pushing the down button too far to the side by accident.

I would have agreed but I did get it free and I ended up having quite a few evenings of putting off much-needed sleep in order to play "one more round, okay, poo poo, that doesn't count, one more after this..." and so on. Knowing what I'd do now I'd pay for it tbh.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
holy poo poo monty oum died

http://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/screens/2015-02-02/rooster-teeth-community-mourns-death-of-monty-oum/

completely random allergic reaction

mortality is a scary thing

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Excels posted:

http://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/screens/2015-02-02/rooster-teeth-community-mourns-death-of-monty-oum/

Don't be sad that he never grew out of his awkward anime babe kung-fu movies, be grateful that he died without ever feeling the sting of how cringeworthy they were.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

playing guacamelee and man is jaguar javier hard.

finally beat him in like 10 seconds by headbutting him over and over again into the wall and hiding until my stamina recharged. real dick boss glad i could cheese him.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Excels posted:

I've never really heard of this guy before but that is ridiculously young to die.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Twitch posted:

Since I didn't see a thread about it, is Citizens of Earth good, or complete garbage? And by that, is it actually fun to play, not that bullshit where goons hype up a new game because it has a lot of wacky "details" that amount to nothing (more or less every Assassin's Creed, GTA IV, that boring as poo poo South Park game). Also, from the screenshots, the character designs look okay, but the levels and backgrounds look like a lovely flash game or a mediocre RPG Maker game; is that a correct assessment?

i bought it and i wanna like it, but i probably wouldn't recommend it. the battles get really repetitive and the game crashes with alarming frequency, at least on the 3ds.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Twitch posted:

Since I didn't see a thread about it, is Citizens of Earth good, or complete garbage?

I can't get past the artstyle. I just can't. It's so awkward and ugly to me

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

mr.capps posted:

Yes!

You can play as the Arkanoid paddle in Elevator Action Deluxe!

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

I've never really heard of this guy before but that is ridiculously young to die.

he was originally an amateur 3D animator who became popular because of Haloid and later Dead Fantasy.

rooster teeth was so impressed with DF that they hired him to help make fully animated RVB episodes, which led to incredible fight sequences like this one.

he worked on RT for five years and then started his own show, RWBY, which garnered a fairly large fanbase, for a western anime done entirely in CG.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

mr.capps posted:

But is the world ready for a Wonder Boy/Adventure Island/Bikkuriman World/Saiyuuki World/Dynastic Hero thread? what would it even be called

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Excels posted:

he was originally an amateur 3D animator who became popular because of Haloid and later Dead Fantasy.

rooster teeth was so impressed with DF that they hired him to help make fully animated RVB episodes, which led to incredible fight sequences like this one.

he worked on RT for five years and then started his own show, RWBY, which garnered a fairly large fanbase, for a western anime done entirely in CG.

He became e-famous recycling the same fight animations in poser for almost 10 years, rip

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
I don't post in games really so I have a question. Is there a Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare thread or just a general cod thread? I'm on my phone at the moment and didn't see one.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Devyl posted:

I don't post in games really so I have a question. Is there a Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare thread or just a general cod thread? I'm on my phone at the moment and didn't see one.
Here ya go

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Thanks a ton! Appreciate it :)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Adam Bowen posted:

yeah but its portable on vita you big idiot

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Inflammatory posted:

i bought it and i wanna like it, but i probably wouldn't recommend it. the battles get really repetitive and the game crashes with alarming frequency, at least on the 3ds.

Excels posted:

I can't get past the artstyle. I just can't. It's so awkward and ugly to me

Was hoping it would be cool, but this is kinda what I expected from the research I did. Thanks for the warning.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

ive seen some screens of it and i really want it

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

playing guacamelee and man is jaguar javier hard.

finally beat him in like 10 seconds by headbutting him over and over again into the wall and hiding until my stamina recharged. real dick boss glad i could cheese him.

really? I found guacamelee pretty easy, can't specifically remember anything too crazy about javier's fight. good luck with calaca

----------------

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The only bits of Guacamelee I found hard were at the very end where you get rooms full of enemies in light and dark worlds with every colour barrier up and suicide dudes all at the same time.

Not a bad game though, it's probably one of the best '''metroidvanias''' outside of the actual Metroid games

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

A Steampunk Gent posted:

The only bits of Guacamelee I found hard were at the very end where you get rooms full of enemies in light and dark worlds with every colour barrier up and suicide dudes all at the same time.

Not a bad game though, it's probably one of the best '''metroidvanias''' outside of the actual Metroid games

yeah the only genuinely hard thing i can think of are the guys that rise on a pillar of wind and throw thunderstorms at you or w/e, and the hell room where you don't have to get hit

----------------

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the vita is a console that exists solely to play persona games

i have persona 1, 2is, 2es, 3, and 4 on it because they're all available on psn

i have never played any other game on it and i'm ok with that. wait, i did buy freedom wars but then traded it in cause gently caress that game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
the vita is my Binding Of Isaac machine. that game alone justifies it being freaking sweet. all the 20 other games on it is a huge bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hubris.height posted:

wait, i did buy freedom wars but then traded it in cause gently caress that game.

no gently caress you

• Locked thread