Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It's February so it's time for a new thread. Don't do anything really stupid that will get you probated or banned.

February is a month for love so enjoy gaming!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Are you saying it's the month everyone should play Hatoful Boyfriend in?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Why do you post so much?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i will spend my valentine's day with the beautiful and powerful women in Super Smash Bros. For Wii U

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Internet Explorer posted:

Why do you post so much?

Posting with gaming friends and real life friends is very fun.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

i will spend my valentine's day with the beautiful and powerful women in Super Smash Bros. For Wii U

me too, except men

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I beat Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix last night. The game was a lot easier than I remember it being when I played the original PS2 release. Still very enjoyable. I just started Birth By Sleep but the Command Board/Melding has me a bit confused.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I am nearing the end of my saga in dragon age. I will shed a single manly tear as the last tale of the hero of thingy is told.

I much prefer dying light to far cry. Zombies are better than fish and honey badgers.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Please put this in the OP, from the Quest for Glory manual:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hi games thread. I'm still too sick to go to the office, but I lied around on the couch and played Hyrule Warriors for a little while. A pro controller came in the mail so I want to have some friends over to play it soon.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Hi games thread. I'm still too sick to go to the office, but I lied around on the couch and played Hyrule Warriors for a little while. A pro controller came in the mail so I want to have some friends over to play it soon.
Hope you feel better. Gaming is good for healing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Pablo Gigante posted:

I beat Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix last night. The game was a lot easier than I remember it being when I played the original PS2 release. Still very enjoyable. I just started Birth By Sleep but the Command Board/Melding has me a bit confused.

But did you beat the optional bosses. They're hard, for a kingdom hearts game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nuebot posted:

But did you beat the optional bosses. They're hard, for a kingdom hearts game.
Nope I don't usually do that kinda stuff in games.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Why bother starting a new thread?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Pablo Gigante posted:

Nope I don't usually do that kinda stuff in games.

Bummer, they're actually fun. Birth By Sleep has some fun optional bosses too. The combat gets a lot more fun in that game once you get a hang of the command system.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Why bother starting a new thread?

New month, new thread.

Also I don't want to see 10000000 pages of Stux posts in one place.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Can you recommend any games for devoted lovers to play together for this, the month of love

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Eye of Widesauron posted:

New month, new thread.

Also I don't want to see 10000000 pages of Stux posts in one place.

Fair enough.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I started playing Wasteland 2 again, I like it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ahundredbux posted:

I started playing Wasteland 2 again, I like it
I like the part where you move some of your guys behind cover and then click on the nearest enemy for every subsequent turn

old man on a horse
Dec 27, 2014

I don't waste my magic on just anything
Which games are being nominated for Game of the Month?

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Jia posted:

Can you recommend any games for devoted lovers to play together for this, the month of love

Crypt of The Necrodancer is good.

DDR Dungeon Crawl under the cozy covers w/ your loved one.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

old man on a horse posted:

Which games are being nominated for Game of the Month?

Metroid Prime Trilogy

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Spoiler: it's the game off the year

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I want to murder that guy in the thread for it that said metroid prime 2 was bad because he watched some goons LP of it

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Rookersh posted:

Are you saying it's the month everyone should play Hatoful Boyfriend in?

No, they should play Huniepop

old man on a horse
Dec 27, 2014

I don't waste my magic on just anything
I'm that guy but I didn't waste my time watching a LP to find out

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I want to murder that guy in the thread for it that said metroid prime 2 was bad because he watched some goons LP of it
There was a dude in Imp Zone having a complete emotional meltdown over the amount of hard drive space it takes up.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Spoiler: it's the game off the year

its a trilogy so it's even game of three years

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Super Mario 3-D World is really growing on me. I found the camera frustrating for the first hour or so I was playing, but once it clicked I realized how clever the level design is. Are the Wii or Wii U versions of New Super Mario Bros. worth playing? The DS version was fine but forgettable.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Probably going all-in on Hatoful Boyfriend. Maybe a Rune Factory. I don't know.

For the ladies I strongly recommend Tokimeki Memorial Girls Side 2nd or 3rd. I think they have fan translations now. Try to get senpai to notice you.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

There was a dude in Imp Zone having a complete emotional meltdown over the amount of hard drive space it takes up.

Link so I can quote them way after the fact and use a naughty word on them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Super Mario 3-D World is really growing on me. I found the camera frustrating for the first hour or so I was playing, but once it clicked I realized how clever the level design is. Are the Wii or Wii U versions of New Super Mario Bros. worth playing? The DS version was fine but forgettable.
The Wii version was pretty good but I've heard the Wii U one is the best one in the series. Haven't played it yet myself though.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
witcher is very romantic and even has romance cards you collect in the first game

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

old man on a horse posted:

I'm that guy but I didn't waste my time watching a LP to find out

What the gently caress

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I am pleased with how this thread is developing

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

The best one is this ROM hack of the Wii one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evu-tUNeUK8

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ausmund posted:

Metroid shouldn't have NPC charactes. Period. Prime 2 was so loving boring I couldn't play more than 2 hours of it. I watched slowbeef's let's play of it and it looks like all I missed was a lovely brown and purple slog of a loving game. Glad I skipped it. Although the tron/cyberpunk area was really neat but its way too far into the game.

Does this guy have any posts in the imp zone at all?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
to be fair prime has one dimension too many

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

to be fair prime has one dimension too many
Or one dimension... too few? This concept will be explored in my fan comic series, Metroid Trigger: Across Prime and Space.

• Locked thread