Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the american club nintendo update is amazing im crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ArfJason posted:

Why don't you summon the persona who is a gigantic dick so it can obliterate your entire cranium with a single thrust in a disgusting crunch+squish sound reminiscent of stepping on a ferrero rocher

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

That's a

Bad investment!!!

Apparently its the same investment firm that bought Harmonix lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

It's really funny that Sony is collapsing in on itself and no one seems to be aware of it at all since the PS4 is still doing fine.

maybe a few years from now people will notice the ps4 has no games and get mad

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

My understanding is that while 3ds has a sleep function it isn't phone-like like the Vita one, right? Imo the sleep function makes the Vita. I can wake up, grab my Vita from the shelf behind me, and be in a game of Luftrausers or wherever I was in Persona literally about 2 seconds later, and the Vita still has plenty of battery life.

What do you mean phone-like?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Is that guy saying he doesn't have a 3DS?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

This thread is angry and lame.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

loquacius posted:

So my primary source of gaming news for a while has been Joystiq. Joystiq is going under. I require a Joystiq replacement. Somebody help me out.

Stop caring about gaming news.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

precision posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games >

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

loquacius posted:

I kind of miss when Video Game Article had one-sentence reviews, because those were a pretty good, quick way to see if there were any new releases I might have any interest in, but in their absence I guess I could just continually scan this forum for new threads. It's just more time-consuming. :shrug:

If something's good, you'll hear about it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The sad truth is that most gamers want to be bored.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

zenintrude posted:

Really hoping that Jon Blow goes bankrupt... he is the worst

http://www.engadget.com/2015/02/06/the-witness-money/

lmao screencapping your own burn tweet to a fuckin news account

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

zenintrude posted:

"His minimal collection of furniture is almost all rented, including the springy beige sofa he got just a few months ago, after he arranged to have several video-game journalists over and realized he had nowhere for them to sit."

Buying a crazy toy and then not having the foresight to own essentials (like, chairs) is pretty manchildy. Not jealous, just confused as to why no one in games journalism has the balls to point out how ridiculous this guy is.

youre weird

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Problem Sleuth posted:

I agree that jonathan blow is an idiot douche, but he made a good game and the next one is probably gonna be good too even though he's a lovely person

Personally, I hope he starves to death for not properly furnishing his house.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Adam Bowen posted:

Has anyone played TOR since the Revan stuff came out and if so, is it still bad? I saw a thread about it in MMO HMO but obviously they can't be trusted, I liked KOTOR so Revan stuff sounds pretty cool if the game isn't poo poo anymore.

Is it still a mmo?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Playing Fez is the lose state.

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

were you even making fun of starbound

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Stux's long term plan to make everyone else hate Chie so he can have her to himself

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

gay skull posted:

Was stux going nuts about Chie before a couple of days ago? In the Vita thread, I mentioned how I thought the Persona 4 cast was really tropey and two-dimensional. I sent the thread into a tailspin of crisises but with anime, and stux started getting mad over Chie being questioned I guess? That was all well and funny but now it's been like two days and I'm starting to worry that I broke him :ohdear:

Yes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Just go through the vita thread with a flamethrower since the vita is a really good system and has some really awesome games IMO

Leave that thread alone.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I actually don't really care about it that much (unless it's obviously creepy and weird like that one MMO HMO post I reported in the pic kewpuh posted) but it's always fun to watch people come and try to defend it. I learned that from watching the immolation of the senran kagura thread, the gassing of the dota thread (this is what really enamored me to elf help book) and the picture thread (i'm still not happy that people couldn't restrain themselves there thus losing us that thread).

The actual funny part of the Vita thread is that there's a large population on this site that have both decided that they hate "anime" but also love Persona 4, and they cannot reconcile those thoughts.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I forgot I'm looking forward to the Persona 4 Dancing game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

hubris.height posted:

same

it'd be real nice if they leaked a few more of the remixes out before hand. some minute long teasers would be nice. is vita region free?

Yes, it's region free. But account switching is a pain in the rear end, you pretty much have to do a total factory reset or something. If you want to do it, it's easy to buy a foreign physical version and not think about buying dlc.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

He was doing this at the same time as trying to argue which Mario platformer games count as "Mainstream Mario" games lol

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3130949&perpage=40&pagenumber=174#post441300084

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

so he's just a crazy person who tries to put things into boxes based on if he likes them or not without realizing it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

DuRRRRRRRRRRRR im stux

This explains a lot.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

hubris.height posted:

naw to be fair I shouldn't have made a suggestion in qcs for how to improve a forum that pretty much universally disliked my posting anyway

looks like I just gotta deal with megathreads. you guys will have fun.

i thought you were just another normal poster in there

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

hubris.height posted:

anime is like dubstep in that you can say something is less dubstep, but its all still dubstep and at the end of the day someone is blowing a fog horn into your ears

just embrace the fact that you like it imho

I'm subscribed to both Crunchyroll and Weekly Shonen Jump.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Viz made the last 4 issues of jump free and put a sale on a subscription check it out its really fun Toriko currently has a storyline where he has to wrestle a monkey king to take his balls as a prize http://shonenjump.viz.com/

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

gay skull posted:

Great analogy.

I don't get why you guys are taking anime so seriously, I just like good things and I've noticed that the more anime and mallgothy things get, the more I just kinda don't want to even bother. Like, things that are super anime come off as some sort of mix as skeevy and childish, like the kinda poo poo we all loved when we were 15. You know, themes like "Let's use the magic of friendship to kill this deity, also here are some teenagers with K-cups and I don't mean coffee", and well, aren't we all pushing 30 by now? Maybe I've been on the forums too long, but I kinda feel like we should have all grown past that.

The whole mallgothy thing is a lot easier to explain and pretty much the same deal - games like Majora's Mask or Kingdom Hearts are exactly the kind of games you'd expect teenagers who hang out at Hot Topic to discuss in detail. You guys don't play Elmo's Number Journey for N64 and talk about how it's totally a hidden gem on the N64 because it's a game tailor-made for toddlers, why would you play a game made for troubled teenagers? And I know I should probably call them emo games or whatever these days but I'm old enough to actually be a teenager when mallgoths were a thing.

I know Shin Megami Tensei IV is fairly anime and kind of mallgothy, but at least it's written well enough so that anyone can enjoy it. Not that a game being mallgothy really means it's bad or anything, just usually out of your age range. It's good enough to not be full-on mallgothy (because Lord knows its theme fits like a glove), but the mallgoth barometer pretty much means "this is deep to 15 year olds who hate their parents and society but looks dumb to anyone past that". Same goes for anime.

I mean, gently caress, how could it get any simpler? Just play games made for your mental level. And I'm sure we've all mentally surpassed our teen years, right?

What are smart games for cool adults?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

elf help book posted:

What are smart games for cool adults?

I paused Senran Kagura Bon Appetit to make this post.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I said cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Rape is also not cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I've decided to stay a child.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

deadlyrhetoric posted:

ok, now this one

How much rape is in that?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

What's the forum stance on really old game emulation these days? I was going to post my Imp Zone DQ 3 thing, but I want to play the browser version so that I can do it from wherever and I don't know if that's kosher.

e: oh, it looks like it's NOT kosher, if the LP thread is any indication. NM :(

like a decade ago you could post a single rom with mod approval but not a romset

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

but people sell old games now

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

hubris.height posted:

holy poo poo pewdiepie traveled back in time to shout rape at an arcade cabinet that's amazing

Pictured: AVGN shouting "rear end!" at Pearl Harbor.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I posted a thread under the orders of the new games management (this thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aspRjrv2SB8

• Locked thread