Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Did you just end your thread title with a preposition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Carwash posted:

if you know people with spouses at 25 then they're probably gonna get divorced anyway

nu-uh. My friends had a baby to save their marriage

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me

Volume posted:

nu-uh. My friends had a baby to save their marriage

I'm nearly certain this is why I exist

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

Batterypowered7 posted:

Did you just end your thread title with a preposition?

the "in life" is implied

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

get a disability and lower your horizons op

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
good luck OP. I'm in the same boat but 22. Being self aware that your life sucks is a good thing, other than not realizing it until 30. Get the best out of school and for gods sake do more than just go to class and leave it. Network, volunteer, look for internships that way you got a cool job lined up for you after you graduate.

e: also don't compare yourself idiot, otherwise you're gonna start making life choices that comfort those comparative anxieties rather than do things you actually wanna do

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

mng posted:

Wait til you feel the same way at 30! Life sucks :)

:corsair::hf::corsair:

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
story behind this?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

safetyStanddown posted:

story behind this?

https://www.google.com/search?q=beksinski&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=955&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=WeHOVPuwD42ZyASsloLAAw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i did some cool stuff years ago, but now i've got depression.

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
Most people shouldn't get married, have children, or "buy a house" in their twenties, or ever, no biggie.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
I wouldn't worry about getting old, Silicon Valley will probably enable wealthy westerners to live to age 200 or something by the middle of this century. The Guardian just published a great article that summarises the whole life extension industry as it stands right now.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/jan/11/-sp-live-forever-extend-life-calico-google-longevity

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

BKPR posted:

i did some cool stuff years ago, but now i've got depression.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

psyman posted:

I wouldn't worry about getting old, Silicon Valley will probably enable wealthy westerners to live to age 200 or something by the middle of this century. The Guardian just published a great article that summarises the whole life extension industry as it stands right now.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/jan/11/-sp-live-forever-extend-life-calico-google-longevity

Death is certain

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

archerb posted:

Most people shouldn't get married, have children, or "buy a house" in their twenties, or ever, no biggie.

yes you need to be naïve to think it could work

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
40% of people who are in their 30's are still living at home because they are either underemployed or unemployed.

You're golden OP. The Economy has victimized others far worse. No sense in crying over spilled milk.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I get worried about where I'm at I think "Am I really supposed to be behind the counter of this 7-11 if I don't work here."

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i get paid more money to do less than i did last year, but i still feel as though it will all fall away at any moment. i need to be paid more, and do less.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

JebanyPedal posted:

I get worried about where I'm at I think "Am I really supposed to be behind the counter of this 7-11 if I don't work here."

I pretend to work at places sometimes just to gently caress with minimum wage earners and wait for them to catch on.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

BKPR posted:

i did some cool stuff years ago, but now i've got depression

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
gently caress I just got promoted to run an entire department and it's program and I'm not even 30 or qualified.

I spent the entire weekend in the fetal position

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
good luck and god bless, OP. I'm rooting for you.

naem
May 29, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

40% of people who are in their 30's are still living at home because they are either underemployed or unemployed.

You're golden OP. The Economy has victimized others far worse. No sense in crying over spilled milk.

:agreed:

If you're earning a living and thinking about the future you're doing great. The fact you're worried op means you're already taking steps forward.

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

My grandfather was the dutiful hard-worker and money-saver, and he had all these plans to finally go travel the world when he retired, but then he got Parkinson's right before he retired, and had to sell his boat because he couldn't keep up with it, and was too sick to really travel and then he basically shriveled up and died over a long slow period.

So I'm glad you had fun and partied, gently caress living for the future. You've just got to try to be more responsible than you were before...but not TOO responsible.

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.

LegoPirateNinja posted:

25-27 : Get poo poo together.

27-30 : Date women, marry one of them. Get her pregnant.

There. You made it.

women at 27-30 are too old for dating them to be a serious life accomplishment that solves all of your problems, though. you have to aim lower for that, but once youre 27-30 its too late. once your 25 its too late.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

EB Nulshit posted:

once your 25 its too late.

Too late for what? Dating 25 year olds? :lol:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EB Nulshit posted:

women at 27-30 are too old for dating them to be a serious life accomplishment that solves all of your problems, though. you have to aim lower for that, but once youre 27-30 its too late. once your 25 its too late.

You are truly a stupid person if you feel that way

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.

VendaGoat posted:

Too late for what? Dating 25 year olds? :lol:

no - dating 20-year-olds

who could possibly have their problems solved by dating a 25-year-old? why would you even think 25 was the number for that?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

EB Nulshit posted:

no - dating 20-year-olds

who could possibly have their problems solved by dating a 25-year-old? why would you even think that?

i don't believe you're a real person anymore.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

EB Nulshit posted:

no - dating 20-year-olds

who could possibly have their problems solved by dating a 25-year-old? why would you even think 25 was the number for that?

From what I hear :smith: dating 25 year olds is where it's at, as a guy.

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
If you became a complete person by dating a dumbass 20 year old I don't know what to tell you.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Dating 5 years below you isn't so bad. At least you won't be competing with her careerwise in this new woman's world, you'll always have that head start. Im getting sick just thinking about the whole thing.

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

BKPR posted:

i don't believe you're a real person anymore.

i dont believe in you either

archerb posted:

If you became a complete person by dating a dumbass 20 year old I don't know what to tell you.

"congrats" would probably do it

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

what about waifus, what is acceptable age for waifu??

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

waifus in the traditional sense are untainted by lustful ideas, so it's all on the table.

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

like forums poster BKPR, waifus does not exist. grow up and data 20-year-old. goddamn

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

you should get really fat and go on disability.

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

Saalkin posted:

you should get really fat and go on disability.

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me
im gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
No because I know exactly where Im at, certain death drawing closer every minute on my futile and meaningless existance. You'll be here too, in 5-10.

• Locked thread