Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

LiftAuff posted:

Is there any reason why Windows tablets don't have GPS ?

Probably because GPS is usually just part of ARM SoCs and Intel never really thought about it when designing their low-power x86/x64 chips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Fhate posted:

So I just got a surface pro 3, and I'm wondering how I can install programs on it from a disc. Specifically, I have manga studio EX 4 and I want to put on on the SP3, but I'm not sure exactly how to go about doing that other than buying a USB optical drive. Obviously things that I can just download will be no problem, but in the case of manga studio I have it in disc form.

Pretty sure you can find an EX 4 download on their site and activate it with the CD key that came with your disk?

I'm not sure what other options you're looking for here.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

For Surface mouse chat, I prefer the Arc Mouse (Surface Edition). Folds flat, and it turns off when you flatten it to put in your bag and turns on when you bend it. It's a bit odd ergonomically, but it's a great mouse.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Factor Mystic posted:

FYI they ripped that functionality out in Windows 10. Normal people got confused that their files weren't available when they went offline, so now all of us have to suffer.

That kind of makes unlimited file storage useless. :( I have over 120GB already, that isn't all fitting on my SP3. I hate the Dropbox-style "Choose which files to sync".

• Locked thread