Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Patriots won the Super Bowl?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 386 56.02%
Boo! 303 43.98%
Total: 689 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Lt. Chips posted:

Four pages late, but this.

It was a play with two inexplicable decisions. No timeout beforehand by the Patriots, then the Seahawks decide to forget that 24 exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I think that the Seahawks should have run the ball.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Interceptions can't win games, Pete.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Tremendous Taste posted:

you are the guy who stopped rooting for a team because they started a player who by the standards you just posted is a saint

Yes but I would never support any particular cruelty directed at him

That would be wrong

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Menamino posted:

Patriot haters, I know you're hating life right now, but go to sleep tonight thanking God that he gave you the gift of Eli Manning, he of the the two-time superbowl MVP, he the denier of Brady and Belichick being 6 time superbowl winners.

Russell Wilson tried to channel his inner Eli, but only a bushy eyed man from Baltimore has come close to replicating his magic even once before.

Thank you, Eli, for being you

STFU. I hate the patriots, but I hate New York even more.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Bruce Arians has planned all of this. He knows. He waits. He hungers.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

This sums up ghe entire season

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I disagree.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

WHOOPS posted:

shut the gently caress up mel. sports is entertainment. Sherman's realization at the lost game is amazing for both a rare show of true emotion and for the schadenfreude whose calling card is talking poo poo.

These are real people with feelings out there who have struggled their entire lives to get to this moment. Immortalizing their pain for your own amusement is both deeply insensitive but also is frankly telling about your own insecurities.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I love Brady's reaction to the pick.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

These are real people with feelings out there who have struggled their entire lives to get to this moment. Immortalizing their pain for your own amusement is both deeply insensitive but also is frankly telling about your own insecurities.

mel, darling, not in public

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
It wouldnt have mattered either way you could tell the bullshit crystal had been shattered by belichecks archmages so the result was inevitable.

Sunshine Bandit
Oct 12, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He mad bro.

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
This was the worst season in NFL history

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

If I was asked to do a Super Bowl Halftime Show, I would have definitely come out on a giant robotic lion and then flown around on a The More You Know star while landsharks danced for me. So A+ for that, Missy Elliot was kinda poo poo though.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Bruce Arians has planned all of this. He knows. He waits. He hungers.

:hf: gently caress yeah he does. Gonna own next year when *checks list of Cardinals QBs* uhhhh Carson Palmer is healthy again!

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I'm happy that someone decided to make a play call worse than what the Packers did in the NFCCG.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

If anyone can legit hate Richard Sherman, it's you.

And this is how the Cardinals' ascension enters its final phase.

EDIT: Texans-Cards Super Bowl in 2016, book it.

That'd be really cool. I mean, gently caress the Cards, but yay Texans

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

mel, darling, not in public

Coca Cola has shown me that love on the internet is more important than hate

I am just trying to spread a message of love so we can all get free McDonalds

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
What an amazing game and what a playcall for the ages

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Actually it's pretty funny, as are all things when viewed properly

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
Mel I can't believe you're a Seahawks fan now. What the hell man.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
gently caress ALL YA'LL.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Mel I can't believe you're a Seahawks fan now. What the hell man.

I'm not

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You have a lot of ugly contempt for a guy you don't know and I do not think it is psychologically healthy for you

i would respond with an example of a player from a team your team is rivals with

but you are mel mudkiper and if you recognized a rival team you would probably just start rooting for them out of confusion

so we can just leave this at ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha gently caress the seahawks

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

swickles posted:

Ohio State and New England are champions. Dark days for football.

Ohio State/Seattle Seahawks are frauds, TCU/Dallas Cowboys your rightful champions

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Three words:

Ball. Don't. Lie.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
pete can't explain this collapse just like how the us government can't explain wtc7's collapse

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

thanks, Nationwide

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Menamino posted:

Patriot haters, I know you're hating life right now, but go to sleep tonight thanking God that he gave you the gift of Eli Manning, he of the the two-time superbowl MVP, he the denier of Brady and Belichick being 6 time superbowl winners.

Russell Wilson tried to channel his inner Eli, but only a bushy eyed man from Baltimore has come close to replicating his magic even once before.

Thank you, Eli, for being you

I'm a Jets fan

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

So, does Bevell take the fall for that goal-line debacle?

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Wilson has to make that throw in the dirt. Say in the huddle this is going shoelace height.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Dr_Strangelove posted:

An elite QB still makes a two yard throw

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
The Patriots never going away, along with the AFC playoff field never changing, makes me want to watch the NFL a lot less

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Evil prevails.

Marco D. Sanchez
Nov 17, 2009

One of the most shocking moments ever. Next to the Undertaker losing at mania

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

pmchem posted:

thanks, Nationwide

he ended up getting lynched by the bathtub or something that commercial was amazing

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Dr_Strangelove posted:

It's a complete failure by everyone on the team. The OC should not call it, the HC should not let him call it, the QB should not execute it. Fire them all and start from scratch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

go3 posted:

An elite QB still makes a two yard throw

Two yard throw into a mess of people to a mediocre receiver.

• Locked thread