Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Patriots won the Super Bowl?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 386 56.02%
Boo! 303 43.98%
Total: 689 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Volkerball posted:

remember when seahawks fans were trying to hype up bevell as getting a head coaching gig somewhere like dan quinn wasn't the one who would get poached? haha.

Yeah we were loving hoping someone would get rid of him for us because he's ALWAYS been garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Dr_Strangelove posted:

So, does Bevell take the fall for that goal-line debacle?

In his postgame interview Carroll took the blame, but who loving knows whats going to happen behind closed doors.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I genuinely enjoyed the game and am ok with the ending because it was hard fought tbh

:agreed:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pete Carroll sounds like a moron with that playcall.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

News:

Views: :lol:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Richard Sherman owns and I feel bad for him. He's a really good player who almost won his team the super bowl, and that reaction gif is the face of a man watching a bunch of other dumbasses piss away all his hard work.

p.s. pats rule motherfucker *flips over a parked car*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The series of Seahawks incompetence at the end of the game was matched only by the Packers incompetence two weeks ago

I can't believe the series of plays to end the game, giving the Pats the ball, then giving them room to kneel, then giving them more room to kneel

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Two yard throw into a mess of people to a mediocre receiver.

Mediocre is generous when it comes to Lockette. He doesn't see the field much for a reason.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I can't even comprehend the thought process behind that call. I just have no idea how you think Marshawn is not getting that half yard. If he couldn't get a yard you wouldn't be in the Super Bowl. loving mindboggling.

If I was a Seahawks fan I would be so enraged. I was actually neutral for the game but I'm still mad just because the call was so stupid it made me mad on principle.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
So which was dumber: "We want the ball and we're going to score" or the final play call by Seattle in this Super Bowl?

I'm really happy the Patriots won, but I'm not an idiot--if y'all give that ball to Marshawn Lynch we're not having this conversation right now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Magnitogorsk. posted:

This was the worst season in NFL history

Agreed, and getting the bad ending was the cherry on top.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Marshawn Lynch has three chances to get a single yard and you pass the ball, unbelievable

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

little munchkin posted:

Richard Sherman owns and I feel bad for him. He's a really good player who almost won his team the super bowl, and that reaction gif is the face of a man watching a bunch of other dumbasses piss away all his hard work.

he got thrown at one time he didnt do poo poo

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Alter Ego posted:

So which was dumber: "We want the ball and we're going to score" or the final play call by Seattle in this Super Bowl?

I'm really happy the Patriots won, but I'm not an idiot--if y'all give that ball to Marshawn Lynch we're not having this conversation right now.

The final playcall in this game might literally be the worst call ever made, so this.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
seahawks exposed as frauds. turns out it takes a balanced team to win in the modern game. i guess a one-and-done gimmick team based on exploiting rules that were changed once it was clear that exploiting them was cheating has no chance at repeating.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Phobeste posted:

seahawks exposed as frauds. turns out it takes a balanced team to win in the modern game. i guess a one-and-done gimmick team based on exploiting rules that were changed once it was clear that exploiting them was cheating has no chance at repeating.

Now this is a hot take right here

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
“How do you throw the ball when you got Marshawn Lynch?” - soon to be former backup Seahawk CB Tharold Simon

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
The throw was fine, but the receiver got hit at the precisely correct moment to disrupt the pass without being any kind of foul and that was that. It was an idiotically risky playcall, the same thing could happen to Brady or Manning at their best with that call.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Couldn't Wilson just have ignored the play call and gave it to Lynch anyway?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

little munchkin posted:

hes gonna make some other team pay way too much for him and then he can be a disrepectful retard to some other person whos ten times the man he is.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

Dirt posted:

News:

Views: :lol:

Not even Seattle can escape NFC clownball. I hope Big Bob is passed out somewhere, grinning with satisfaction.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Intruder posted:

Now this is a hot take right here

:)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

actionjackson posted:

Couldn't Wilson just have ignored the play call and gave it to Lynch anyway?

I like to think Wilson checked out of the run call

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
oops

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Edit:^^^his rear end goes halfway up his back

FuriousxGeorge posted:

The throw was fine, but the receiver got hit at the precisely correct moment to disrupt the pass without being any kind of foul and that was that. It was an idiotically risky playcall, the same thing could happen to Brady or Manning at their best with that call.

Yup. It was called pass would invariably be into heavy traffic.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Intruder posted:

I like to think Wilson checked out of the run call

That is an amazing thought.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

If I was asked to do a Super Bowl Halftime Show, I would have definitely come out on a giant robotic lion and then flown around on a The More You Know star while landsharks danced for me. So A+ for that, Missy Elliot was kinda poo poo though.

Does anyone have the gifs of the sharks dancing? Or maybe the really derp beach balls? I want a new avatar

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

These never stop being funny

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Seattle probably should have used their first round pick to draft Teddy Bridgewater instead of giving it away to the Vikings.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

As the Morallly Superior Team (haven't won in longer than Seattle) I'm glad that the Pats won to ensure parity

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
So do you think Richard Sherman took "Brady" off the table for his son's name

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

little munchkin posted:

He didn't "almost win his team the super bowl". He played well enough to rarely get challenged, but wasn't really playing against the Pats' best receivers by design. Like, nobody should ignore defensive contributions of Richard Sherman, but the Seahawks' defensive standouts were Wagner and the safeties, as is usually the case when the Seahawks aren't playing a team that's extremely dependent on a WR1.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

gently caress life. gently caress Bevell. gently caress Brady getting MVP. gently caress everything. No but really gently caress Bevell

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

BGrifter posted:

Seattle probably should have used their first round pick to draft Teddy Bridgewater instead of giving it away to the Vikings.

nah

Syntaxed
Feb 20, 2004

Phobeste posted:

Don't forget their gimmick stadium and pumping in crowd noise for their 8 home games too :allears:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

little munchkin posted:

He's a really good football player and nobody can really argue that point, but he's a loving loudmouth and it is 100% one of the pure primal joys to watch a loudmouth lose.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Tzen posted:

gently caress Bevell. No but really gently caress Bevell

same but much more positive

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

:effort: I am bad at paint and also jokes

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Uh... holy poo poo

• Locked thread