Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Patriots won the Super Bowl?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 386 56.02%
Boo! 303 43.98%
Total: 689 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Ohio State and New England are champions. Dark days for football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Have we discussed the dead kid commercial yet? Because that was the second most depressing thing about tonight.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I have a can of Strohs sitting next to me but oh my god you are a literal child.

My favorite part about the ad is that the only place I know of that makes a Pumpkin Peach beer is Elysian, also known as the most recent craft brewery bought out by Budweiser. Budweiser was literally mocking their own company.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Revis will be interesting. He is $25 million against the cap for 2015 so either the Pats take that hit, or they cut him. He just got a ring and has been on record before about wanting to be the highest paid CB in the league. No way he restructures or takes a discount now. In short, congrats on your 2 year 55 million dollar CB Oakland! (39 million guaranteed).

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

evilweasel posted:

He counts 5m against the cap if the cut him though, so taking the option only causes a 20m hit over the baseline. I seriously think they might do it if they can't renegotiate.

20m in savings vs. 5m in dead money for one year isn't that crazy though. When Revis signed his deal everyone expected a cut or restructure after this year regardless of the outcome. Now that he has a ring, the calculus changes significantly, and in all likelihood he is just going for top dollar. The Pats might be willing to pay him, but historically they won't.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

The Little Kielbasa posted:

An entire secondary and at least 2 front-7 guys, so not really.

Yeah, offensively they are pretty scary with Ben, Bell, and Brown. The defense needs a lot of work thoug.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Bitch Mode is actually a good name for Blount considered he literally stormed off the field halfway through a game because he wasn't getting carries.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Febreeze posted:

Dude bitched himself to a Super Bowl win, hard to say he lost that one.

Dude failed up. A true Lane Kiffin move.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

A lab could have ran through the Colts run D.

The previous time the Pats played the Colts they did it with a guy who was doing stand up comedy a week before.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I just like how the change is piled on, as if to significantly up the value of what he had. "GUYS! WE GOT NICKELS OVER HERE!"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Charlz Guybon posted:

Would that actually pass muster with NFL?

I imagine both the NFL and NFLPA would have an issue with that.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

It would be especially dubious in the case of team owners who also own large corporations who then sponsor a player to a ridiculous endorsement deal. The NFL views it as a way of circumventing the salary cap.. The NFLPA views it as a way to lower things like the franchise tag, the average salary, which in turn affects all players salaries.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

evilweasel posted:

That guy only has the leg space for like a decade, it's gonna get bad.

Its cool, if he is a Detroit resident than that's the rest of his life span.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

AAA DOLFAN posted:

YOU GUYS

BILL BELICHICK IS AT MY RESTAURANT

RIGHT NOW

oh wait jk gonna be normal human being about it. He's like six tables over. Best seafood place in jupiter so great choice, much like running the goal line defense with 3 cbs on that last pick

Late, but Food Shack?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Parmesan Basil posted:

Apparently there was a Josh Gordon-Nick Foles trade on the table and Philly nixed it.

That would be kind of dumb to get a player who may not see the field again.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

zimbomonkey posted:

Apparently Welker doesn't remember ever talking with anyone about retirement.

Something Welker says at age 52.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Charlz Guybon posted:

I've got the upper tibia of a cadaver in one of my legs. Why can't they use cartilage from cadavers?

You can't really get cartilage to attach to bone, it has to grow from it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Intruder posted:

You poke a bunch of holes in the bone, new cartilage grows from the blood that leaks out, but it's stiffer like scar tissue compared to skin and will never be as good or as flexible as the original cartilage

That's my very basic understanding of the procedure. swickles could probably (definitely) explain it better?

You know how the Fonz would elbow the jukebox to fix it? That is basically microfracture surgery, but half the time instead of the music coming on the jukebox explodes.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

for clowney's sake, i hope the surgeon remembered to go "ayyy" and give a thumbs up during the procedure

Don't worry, its on the safety checklist. Right after give antibiotics, but before validating all instruments have been removed.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Brannock posted:

Fieldchat: Rodgers had an interview several weeks ago where he was pretty critical of and upset about Tampa Bay's field, which is a field that I've never ever heard criticized before.

Did they play after a stormy week or something? I could see a monsoon coming through in Florida in the fall and the field being lovely after that, but fine the rest of the year.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I mean, its not like Florio has completely made poo poo up in the past or anything...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Intruder posted:

Both have their bad points. Flacco bombs a jump ball to Torrey Smith and gets the call, spot foul is bullshit

Smith burns past a CB for an easy TD opportunity on a perfectly thrown ball by Flacco but the CB just grabs Smith and tackles him 40 yards down the field, 15 yards is bullshit

Flacco is Elite

I would actually be ok with having two different DPI's, like how there is a roughing/running into the kicker distinction. 15 yards for DPI, spot foul for egregious DPI.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

OT is already perfect (in college). Just put the ball at the 35 or 40 instead of the 25.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The 72 Club? Jesus Christ

The Patriots had entire books published on their perfect season before Eli happened.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Charlie Batch is the best backup quarterback, discuss.

But don't discuss, because there's not much discussion available because it's true.

Are we talking career backups? Because that Rodgers kid was pretty good. I mean, still not at Batch level, but pretty good.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Someone made a really compelling argument a while back for Bradshaw, because he played half his career in the run first, rules favor the defense era and the other half after throwing was more popular and had good stats in both. Like he was the most perfectly adaptable QB, almost as if his mind was a blank slate...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

wandler20 posted:

AJ Hawk was pretty bad:

A.J. Hawk arguably the worst player of the @PFF era. Owner of a -57.0 rating since 2007.

They should probably quantify that. I mean, he played well enough to remain a starter for all this time, so maybe call him the worst starter.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Dolphins cut Wallace, he goes back to Pittsburgh. Super Bowl and Big Ben MVP ensues. I laugh, TFF cries and is shut down forever. RD dies from dehydration from over ejaculating.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Raku posted:

why, Brady seems to let him do a whole lot more goofy poo poo than a lot of people's

Pau Gasol's twitter is the most boring thing ever invented. Its famously boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

toxxes have been collectively bargain, it has to go to arbitration first.

• Locked thread