Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
Ayn Rand really gets a lot of hate, I think it's time gbs had a thread appreciating her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Morkyz posted:

Ayn Rand really gets a lot of hate, I think it's time gbs had a thread appreciating her.

i appreciate that she is dead

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
She was a terrible propagandist oval office

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

mookface posted:

She was a terrible propagandist oval office

nice misogynistic slur human being

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Top City Homo posted:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Top City Homo posted:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Morkyz posted:

nice misogynistic slur human being

I am not misogynistic I love many women

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Top City Homo posted:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
i like that the only two faggots who like her have forums cancer

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
http://activatecomix.com/162-1-1.comic

"Rand was a bright, surly child, notable for her dark, piercing eyes and damning opinions. When she was asked at school to write an essay on why being a child was a joyous experience... She instead wrote a scathing denunciation of childhood."

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Umiapik posted:

http://activatecomix.com/162-1-1.comic

"Rand was a bright, surly child, notable for her dark, piercing eyes and damning opinions. When she was asked at school to write an essay on why being a child was a joyous experience... She instead wrote a scathing denunciation of childhood."

Be honest, that's kind of cool.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
whoops! it was only one human being

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i read atlas shrugged before i went to gbs and before i knew anything about any rand i also tyhought her name was pronounces "ann". i didnt work at the time and it made me feel like getting a job was a worthwhile endevour but then i learned more about the philosophy and thought it was p stupid. anyway thats what i think wert ayn rand and that book

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Morkyz posted:

Be honest, that's kind of cool.

actually it's the most misanthropic thing you can do and it makes sense that she would do that

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

also lol if its true that she died poor and on health benefits......... lol all day

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mookface posted:

I am not misogynistic I love many women

lol mormon

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

lonesomedwarf posted:

i read atlas shrugged before i went to gbs and before i knew anything about any rand i also tyhought her name was pronounces "ann". i didnt work at the time and it made me feel like getting a job was a worthwhile endevour but then i learned more about the philosophy and thought it was p stupid. anyway thats what i think wert ayn rand and that book

But did you get a job? If so, maybe you should acknowledge that she had a positive impact of your life.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Orkin Mang posted:

lol mormon

not at all man. not at all.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I like several noted feminist authors.I'm a big margaret atwood fan. suzanne collins put out some good poo poo

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
virginia woof is good

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Morkyz posted:

But did you get a job? If so, maybe you should acknowledge that she had a positive impact of your life.

no

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

lonesomedwarf posted:

also lol if its true that she died poor and on health benefits......... lol all day

She wasn't a god, true. lol if you're saying you or anyone else would have done otherwise if you had cancer.

I just think she was a very talented woman with good ideas.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

the fact that a jobless person would think ayn rands philosophy is stupid is really mindblowing to me

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

didnt know she had cancer. i think we can all agree that cancer is very bad and not a good thing for anyone

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Morkyz posted:

the fact that a jobless person would think ayn rands philosophy is stupid is really mindblowing to me

I make six figures and I think her philosophy is stupid as gently caress

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Morkyz posted:

same

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
its good for the cancer

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

mookface posted:

I make six figures and I think her philosophy is stupid as gently caress

I respect you as a person, but I don't agree with your opinions (or at lease some of them.)

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

your re right though poor people shouldnt have opinions

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Orkin Mang posted:

its good for the cancer

the cancer (much like the welfare people) died with the host (job creators)

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

im masturbatingf

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

lonesomedwarf posted:

im masturbatingf

Same.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i heard she was very jealous

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

"faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart"
-ayn rand

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Morkyz posted:

I respect you as a person, but I don't agree with your opinions (or at lease some of them.)

well ok lets actually explore this. in the paradigm espoused my ayn rand the best people become successful, and as result of that also become wealthy. So the most powerful people control things, as they should as the weak and lazy would make terrible decision makers, it is clear in their micro scale decision making ability leading them to become poor and lovely.

This however totally discounts the class system as we know it and how birthright is the most important factor in your personal success. What she's saying might make sense if we started over at zero and there was none of this, but there is. She's a hosed up idiot.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

mookface posted:

well ok lets actually explore this. in the paradigm espoused my ayn rand the best people become successful, and as result of that also become rick. So the most powerful people control things, as they should as the weak and lazy would make terrible decision makers, it is clear in their micro scale decision making ability leading them to become poor and lovely.

This however totally discounts the class system as we know it and how birthright is the most important factor in your personal success. What she's saying might make sense if we started over at zero and there was none of this, but there is. She's a hosed up idiot.

In a truly free society, the super rich wouldn't be able to maintain their power indefinitely like they can now, because govt regulators would act to constantly suppress new enterprises and the monopolies wouldn't have the advantage of ironclad patents to stifle competition. It's true that it would be very hard to get from very poor to very rich, but that doesn't mean their lives would be meaningless. Without the welfare system there wouldn't be an underclass in it's current form anyway.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im sorry to say ayn rand has died....

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Orkin Mang posted:

im sorry to say ayn rand has died....

Same, humanity lost a great one, but it happens to all of us eventually.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Morkyz posted:

In a truly free society, the super rich wouldn't be able to maintain their power indefinitely like they can now, because govt regulators would act to constantly suppress new enterprises and the monopolies wouldn't have the advantage of ironclad patents to stifle competition. It's true that it would be very hard to get from very poor to very rich, but that doesn't mean their lives would be meaningless. Without the welfare system there wouldn't be an underclass in it's current form anyway.

what she has going is fantasy. It could never be implemented or actualize itself organically ever in any way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
i remember this thread

• Locked thread