Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Knopfler kicks rear end at basically everything, even if he is firmly in the dad rock camp. He's coming on tour near me later this year and this is probably my only chance to ever see him live, given that he doesn't really play in the US at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Amused to Death posted:

Telegraph road is really good

Love Over Gold is probably their strongest album IMO

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Butt Wizard posted:

I'd agree with this. I probably should have put in the OP that a lot of their studio stuff didn't translate well to radioplay because their songs were between six and 14 minutes long and you ended up losing either a verse or a solo which sort of ruined the song. Love Over Gold is almost entirely prog-rock and if they'd squeezed Private Dancer in there it would have been mind-bending.

That's an interesting thought re:prog rock, because they're not typically ever in lists of the best prog rock bands, despite killing on 10+ minute songs. See: easily 3/4 of the Alchemy live album. I guess they get passed over because of no references to wizards and celebral concepts (Genesis with Peter Gabriel) or Lord of the Rings (Led Zeppelin on occasion).

• Locked thread