Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:
It's the 2nd for christ's sake, you wouldn't wait an extra day to update your NFAAS :chiefsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
I guess we can do a feb thread, yeah okay.

My old ship got decommed. So that is nice.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.
Shift work sucks. I'm living outside of normal human existence. Plus Goose Creek. Nuff said.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Analogical posted:

It's the 2nd for christ's sake, you wouldn't wait an extra day to update your NFAAS :chiefsay:

lol you said cock

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Completing overdue GMTs in January should also count for January's GMTs IMO. I just finished Combatting Trafficking in Persons last week and now I am on the dink list again because that was 2014 training or whatever.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Completing overdue GMTs in January should also count for January's GMTs IMO. I just finished Combatting Trafficking in Persons last week and now I am on the dink list again because that was 2014 training or whatever.

How'd it end up a year overdue? It's not like the training you took is going to change just with you taking the course again. There's some retarded poo poo from the simplest poo poo.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Pandasmores posted:

How'd it end up a year overdue? It's not like the training you took is going to change just with you taking the course again. There's some retarded poo poo from the simplest poo poo.

Beats me.

TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?

Pandasmores posted:

I feel dirty even typing this but it's because they count GMTs from the fiscal year -- so it's overdue because it wasn't completed by September of 2014, and presumably his command was on someone's dinq list. Now that it's complete and they're ashamed of their dinq-ness, they're going to force feed the 2015 GMTs even if it means doing the same stupid training two times in a row. Just ask me how many times I had to learn about PS3 Joyner, the sad-sack sailor who can't handle being on a repair party... (aka Operational Stress Control GMT)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

TsarAleksi posted:

I feel dirty even typing this but it's because they count GMTs from the fiscal year -- so it's overdue because it wasn't completed by September of 2014, and presumably his command was on someone's dinq list. Now that it's complete and they're ashamed of their dinq-ness, they're going to force feed the 2015 GMTs even if it means doing the same stupid training two times in a row. Just ask me how many times I had to learn about PS3 Joyner, the sad-sack sailor who can't handle being on a repair party... (aka Operational Stress Control GMT)

My fav is the Cyber Security Awareness one with the office full of chucklefucks. No, bitch I won't let you in just because you forgot your ID!

TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?

Applewhite posted:

My fav is the Cyber Security Awareness one with the office full of chucklefucks. No, bitch I won't let you in just because you forgot your ID!

I've always enjoyed the TRIP FROM HELL aka CONUS ATFP training, but that OSC training... there was some sort of admin error and my command wound up presenting it seemingly once a month or so on deployment.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Or the classic; SN Wysocki and the Hotel Party Gangbang or, How I Learned to Stop Regretting It and Just Call the SAPR

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Analogical posted:

Or the classic; SN Wysocki and the Hotel Party Gangbang or, How I Learned to Stop Regretting It and Just Call the SAPR

That's the one where the guy is like "She's cute cute, not just 'boat cute'..." right?

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Analogical posted:

SN Wysocki the WARRIOR POET

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Applewhite posted:

After I realized it won't let you actually choose most of the multiple choice options (e.g. "call security" in response to your coworker asking if you want to get lunch does nothing), I just started playing for the red team. You can play like a combination of Robert Hanssen and a schizophrenic chimpanzee and still get the certificate!

Analogical
May 20, 2013

When in reality half of everyone let random people tailgate from the smoke pit.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Howard Phillips posted:

Shift work sucks. I'm living outside of normal human existence. Plus Goose Creek. Nuff said.

Shoulda gone to marf, provided you're a nuke.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

SN Wysocki the WARRIOR POET

Getting the chick banged by the pothead was the best part.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Household goods showed up. Nice having my PC again. Doesn't even sound too broken.

Edit: Motorcycle is all broken tho.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
They should have a SAPR NKO training module that parodies Japanese dating sims, only the correct answer is to avoid sex with all the characters.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Shoulda gone to marf, provided you're a nuke.

Glad I'm not dealing with the snow though, plus MARF seems to be break weekly.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Had the dream where I'd overslept and was late for the 2-7.
I've been on my shore tour for over a year.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

I've been thinking of taking leave for every duty day for the rest of the year. Would still have enough saved up for a month off as a New Year's gift to myself.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Applewhite posted:

They should have a SAPR NKO training module that parodies Japanese dating sims, only the correct answer is to avoid sex with all the characters.

They should model it after the dating sims in bioware games.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Sir Lucius posted:

They should model it after the dating sims in bioware games.

"Calibrations"

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Applewhite posted:

Had the dream where I'd overslept and was late for the 2-7.
I've been on my shore tour for over a year.

I've had dreams about missing ship's movement for 10 years. That doesn't go away for some reason.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

DustyNuts posted:

I've had dreams about missing ship's movement for 10 years. That doesn't go away for some reason.

On the ship I'd sleep so good some nights that I'd swear I was on land.

Never dream of the ship though

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

DustyNuts posted:

I have a friend who missed ship's movement. Dude was running down the pier as the ship is pulling away lol. Went to Admiral's Mast. He is a CO now.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Missing a movement was a huge fear of mine as well

I miss being rocked to sleep a little. Not so much the 95 degree protein fart ballsack musk

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

DustyNuts posted:

Have you ever woken up forgetting which way around you are in your rack and tried to climb out, only to discover there's a bulkhead there and you're still mostly asleep so you think you're trapped in a tiny box and start to freak a little?

Analogical
May 20, 2013

One time I had a dream there was an accident on the 495 and I had to call my LPO and leave a message.

Shore duty, man.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Applewhite posted:

Have you ever woken up forgetting which way around you are in your rack and tried to climb out, only to discover there's a bulkhead there and you're still mostly asleep so you think you're trapped in a tiny box and start to freak a little?

Yeah. Also, getting tangled in the curtains and then hitting my head on the rack above.
Still, I liked the coffin racks. Cozy.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I had a dream I got sent TAD to the international space station. I'd love to see the travel claim for that one.

Travel Method -> Commercial Space

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I had a dream I got sent TAD to the international space station. I'd love to see the travel claim for that one.

DTS would poo poo itself so hard on that one

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I went to MEPS today. Passed all my physicals and tests, chose ABE, signed my contract and swore in. How badly did I gently caress up with choosing my rating?

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

UoI posted:

I went to MEPS today. Passed all my physicals and tests, chose ABE, signed my contract and swore in. How badly did I gently caress up with choosing my rating?

Not the worst fuckup ever. Definitely not the best. Hope you like flight decks and chains.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

UoI posted:

You should have picked whatever rate requires regular contact with human poo poo. Plumbing is a growth industry in America and far more ubiquitous than computer janitor work.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Method not IAW JFTR, claim denied.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

UoI posted:

Navy Thread: The Next Generation

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

UoI posted:

air BM? you hosed up good son. best chance is to get NJPed in A school and strike something better later on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

UoI posted:

Only ABEs I've met were either tools or dicks. Hope you have fun with slingshots or whatever it is they do. Might see you around this base too.

My new LPO somehow thinks that our conversation made me rethink getting out, tomorrow is going to be an awkward day.

• Locked thread