Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Applewhite posted:

They should have a SAPR NKO training module that parodies Japanese dating sims, only the correct answer is to avoid sex with all the characters.

They should model it after the dating sims in bioware games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Analogical posted:

Got off the phone with the 5th special program this week being told "Sorry bro, we only take CTRs, CTTs, CTMs and CTNs. Navy doesn't let us hire CTIs"

"But I've never worked as linguist!! I'm an SME and instructor in what you do!!"

"Sorry brother ~hangup~"

Well look at that, my last gently caress just flew out the window. And I'll probably be adsep'd for my language scores despite being highly qualified at the job they gave me after DLI. I know this is whining, but it was a really hard punch in the gut.

Get out, go civ.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

buttplug posted:

NIOC MD is something like 2600 people...

I'm a nerd, see if you can guess why this amuses me.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
it was the 2600Hz thing.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
the tradition probably goes back to the lash. you wouldn't want to be friends with the guys you were supposed to lash. also, bring back the lash

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I feel like the only reason SWOs don't commit suicide more often is because it would look bad on their fitrep.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Lack of sleep excessive caffeine to the point of it being abusive isn't healthy.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

sensible command

a what?

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
im asleep on watch right now

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I like NWU's because I don't have to give a gently caress about throwing them in a pile when I get home and wearing them 4 days in a row. I also like wearing the black fleece -- does a poo poo job of keeping you warm but it looks cool.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I dont get mad about it. I'll often spend 50+ hours of work at week because that's the only way I can get the national mission done, and fulfill the Navy requirements. Will I get an EP for it? Doubtful due to a lack of volunteer hours. Am I bitter about it? Not at all, I'm well aware of the check boxes they want me to hit for evals.

But I also know there are bigger prospects beyond the Navy. If I dont like my situation I always have have the power to not reenlist.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I think I'm pretty well balanced, if not skewed a lot more towards operations. But I'm also not of the opinion that the Navy owes me anything beyond your basics (healthcare, education, housing allowance, etc). I've already achieved what I wanted to inside the Navy, and my next ambitions go beyond what they can offer. Getting an EP/promoting would be a nice perk, but it will change very little about my future in the long run.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
It's a selfish mindset to have, but the Navy has to convince me to stay in, not the other way around. Throwing a big fat SRB is a good start, but we also hang around a lot of overpaid contractors that fill our heads with ideas (and sometimes try to under-the-table poach us). I honestly never commit to the "im definitely getting out!" mentality, because life can always change. But I will eventually come to a point where I need to make that decision, and I'll have an eval of my own for the Navy. I really can say I haven't really had that bad of an experience, and my leadership does a pretty good job and makes fair judgments. But sometimes you can do everything right and still not get a perfect evaluation. If the Navy can't suit my needs I might have to give it a P.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
he's IT

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
that was me 3 years ago (the student)

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
When I get my raptor I was thinking about getting one of those tool storage cases that go in the bed to use as a trunk.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
ActusRhesus is a JAG I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
When I think of an 8th grader shouting "friend of the family!" it's in the setting of something like call of duty voice chat. Probably doing it just to be a little poo poo, not so much because he hates black people. I'm also reminded of crazy Muslims who shoot up newspapers because they didn't like what some cartoonist is saying. My dilemma is I'm glad the little poo poo got punched in the face, but I definitely don't think you should shoot up newspapers ever.

Reading that paragraph back I'm not sure the connection I'm drawing is relevant. gently caress it, I just woke up anyways, post it!

• Locked thread