Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

Hand Knit posted:

(I'm assuming that he's exercising a relevant level of control over Treliving, I guess.)

Burke is pretty hands off and Treliving has a large degree of autonomhahahahaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIČRE IN ME
Oh, Malone apparently is "packing it in" so that's why he's on waivers. Guess they'll terminate the contract or something.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Levitate posted:

Oh, Malone apparently is "packing it in" so that's why he's on waivers. Guess they'll terminate the contract or something.

That would be 48 contracts. Giddy up.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
When is John Gibson coming back Jesus loving Christ

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
The Washington Capitals have been in a bit of a slump recently. Secondary scoring is down, defensive miscues are up, so what do they do?

If you said "activate Aaron Volpatti off LTIR and put him in tonights line-up", well you're a loving liar or Barry Trotz, because that's what he's done. That's ok though because they are playing the Kings tonight and Washington own… wait what's that? Washington hasn't beaten LA since 2/08/07? gently caress everything.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Gunjin posted:

The Washington Capitals have been in a bit of a slump recently. Secondary scoring is down, defensive miscues are up, so what do they do?

If you said "activate Aaron Volpatti off LTIR and put him in tonights line-up", well you're a loving liar or Barry Trotz, because that's what he's done. That's ok though because they are playing the Kings tonight and Washington own… wait what's that? Washington hasn't beaten LA since 2/08/07? gently caress everything.

The way I see it Chimera ---> Volpatti is a lateral move, and apparently Beagle is moving back to the 4th line (where he is actually productive). Also Burakovsky is back in so that's a plus. The Fehr line has been good (now officially the second line) so there's no sense changing that up. The lineup doesn't look too bad for tonight, and I kind of understand getting Volpatti a look or two before the trade deadline.

Trotz's biggest mistake continues to be his insistence on Orpik being the guy on defense. Alzner and Carlson have taken big strides this year, Green is still good, Niskanen has been solid. There's a solid top 4 right there. Put Orpik on the third pairing against weak competition and he's probably fine.

I guess every coach has a blind spot but it's really infuriating because he's been a good coach outside of Orpik and Beagle-related decisions.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
That reminds me, with the trade deadline a month away, do we have any idea of who might be moving? I've heard Mike Green and ROR tossed around, maybe Yandle, but that's about it.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Jamwad Hilder posted:

That reminds me, with the trade deadline a month away, do we have any idea of who might be moving? I've heard Mike Green and ROR tossed around, maybe Yandle, but that's about it.

Buffalo will probably offload some people. Toronto could possibly do something really dumb as well. I think Vermette is probably getting moved. Exciting!

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Mind_Taker posted:

The way I see it Chimera ---> Volpatti is a lateral move, and apparently Beagle is moving back to the 4th line (where he is actually productive). Also Burakovsky is back in so that's a plus. The Fehr line has been good (now officially the second line) so there's no sense changing that up. The lineup doesn't look too bad for tonight, and I kind of understand getting Volpatti a look or two before the trade deadline.

Trotz's biggest mistake continues to be his insistence on Orpik being the guy on defense. Alzner and Carlson have taken big strides this year, Green is still good, Niskanen has been solid. There's a solid top 4 right there. Put Orpik on the third pairing against weak competition and he's probably fine.

I guess every coach has a blind spot but it's really infuriating because he's been a good coach outside of Orpik and Beagle-related decisions.

Chimera, even in his current diminished state is better than Volpatti (who is Tanner Glass levels of bad), Latta is better than Volpatti and he is out as well. The biggest issue with Volpatti is he's now back on the cap, I don't think giving him a start over Latta is worth the cap implications. Burrakovsky being back is good, MoJo on the first line is probably going to be good (better than Wilson or Beagle anyway).

Beagle being on the 4th is a start, but I am surprised he isn't getting a night off after his parade of stupid penalties. Orpik gonna Orpik, I want him pushed down, you want him pushed down, but his contract and perceived role are going to keep him up far longer than his play warrants.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Brayden Schenn, barring having a huge surge in the next few games, is likely on Philly's block. I wouldn't be shocked (though I would be sad) to see Matt Read go either.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

I told you all that Trotz, despite everything else, is still a "grit and intangibles" coach.

I feel like I read that basically everyone on the Coyotes roster that's not OEL is available

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Philadelphia Flyers ‏@NHLFlyers 3m3 minutes ago
INJURY UPDATE: Forward Michael Raffl has a small bout of pneumonia in his lower left lung and will likely be off the ice for a couple days.

That's a surprising amount of information for an injury report.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Jagr

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

toe knee hand posted:

Philadelphia Flyers ‏@NHLFlyers 3m3 minutes ago
INJURY UPDATE: Forward Michael Raffl has a small bout of pneumonia in his lower left lung and will likely be off the ice for a couple days.

That's a surprising amount of information for an injury report.

Lower Lung Injury :v:

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Levitate posted:

I told you all that Trotz, despite everything else, is still a "grit and intangibles" coach.

I feel like I read that basically everyone on the Coyotes roster that's not OEL is available

Everyone but Doan. OEL is apparently up to be traded as well.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

DJExile posted:

Brayden Schenn, barring having a huge surge in the next few games, is likely on Philly's block. I wouldn't be shocked (though I would be sad) to see Matt Read go either.

Andrej Sekera, Drew Stafford, Jaromir Jagr, Chris Stewart, Jiri Tlusty and Martin Erat all have good chances of being moved as rentals.

Teams looking for longer term options will likely have a shot at Tyler Myers, ROR, Dion Phaneuf, Joffrey Lupul, Zack Kassian, Eddie Lack or pretty much anyone off the Coyotes roster.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

ThinkTank posted:

Andrej Sekera, Drew Stafford, Jaromir Jagr, Chris Stewart, Jiri Tlusty and Martin Erat all have good chances of being moved as rentals.

Teams looking for longer term options will likely have a shot at Tyler Myers, ROR, Dion Phaneuf, Joffrey Lupul, Zack Kassian, Eddie Lack or pretty much anyone off the Coyotes roster.

How has Erat even been this season?

Rotten Cookies posted:

Everyone except the guy who actually wants to go.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Rotten Cookies posted:

didn't Doan ask for a trade? :v:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Now I'm going to daydream about the Bruins dumping some trash package of Lucic/Kelly/picks on Arizona for OEL and Boedker, but I know the Coyotes probably aren't that dumb.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Gunjin posted:

Chimera, even in his current diminished state is better than Volpatti (who is Tanner Glass levels of bad), Latta is better than Volpatti and he is out as well. The biggest issue with Volpatti is he's now back on the cap, I don't think giving him a start over Latta is worth the cap implications. Burrakovsky being back is good, MoJo on the first line is probably going to be good (better than Wilson or Beagle anyway).

Beagle being on the 4th is a start, but I am surprised he isn't getting a night off after his parade of stupid penalties. Orpik gonna Orpik, I want him pushed down, you want him pushed down, but his contract and perceived role are going to keep him up far longer than his play warrants.

Volpatti can be sent to Hershey with no effect on the cap because he is making like league minumum. I agree Latta should probably be in over Volpatti but Chimera has been just woeful lately, he went like 7% Fenwick the other night and has in general been a bad possession player all season. His speed is also deteriorating too, but that's to be expected at this point in his career.

I guess I just don't see the harm in them getting Volpatti in for a game or two before the trade deadline, even though he is almost surely going to be terrible.

Levitate posted:

I feel like almost every coach is like this. He's still an above average coach and has completely turned the team around, despite a few really bizarre decisions.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Jagr back to Flyers, please

Also RIP Raffl

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Apparently de la Rose will go tonight for Montreal against the Sabres. If Eller plays (he's a game time decision) then Malholtra will (again, apparently) be a healthy scratch.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Habibi posted:

How has Erat even been this season?

23pts in 48 games suggests he's rebounded. I haven't noticed him in any of the Coyotes games I've watched this year though.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Latta absolutely should not be sitting. Chimera should be flat out waved. He's still fast but not superman fast and he's of no use to us if we can't lob him the puck and have him beat out icings.

Volpatti is a plug and I'd rather see Brown or LOB get icetime instead.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Sabres are a lovely team, so I fully expect the Habs to either lose, or squeak by with a win in a really close game.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

I love ol' One-eye and was really hoping he would do well as I thought he was one of the more underrated defensive forwards in the league in the mid 00's. But that was 10 years ago and now he stinks.

Sekac and AGal feel like they have been on the cusp of busting out big time all season and I am starting to develop a case of the proverbial blue ball waiting for it to happen.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

triple sulk posted:

Jagr back to Flyers, please

Also RIP Raffl

Jagr is going to go to the Islanders to replace Okposo and finish his Atlantic Division Tour

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

ThinkTank posted:

The Ducks are going to trade for Tyler Myers.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Jagr is going to go to the Islanders to replace Okposo and finish his Atlantic Division Tour

I didn't realize how much I want Jagr on the Isles until this very second.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Martytoof posted:

Sabres are a lovely team, so I fully expect the Habs to either lose, or squeak by with a win in a really close game.

Given how it went with Enroth last time I figure they're hosed.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

sedative posted:

That would be cool but I still would rather see him in SJ (playing with Burns/Thornton) or Winnipeg (playing with Buff). All that rear end would be hard to contain.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Becky would lose her mind.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

sedative posted:

Just when you thought their possession stats couldn't get better

Fozzie Bear
Jun 4, 2000

Rockin' out at the god damn bank

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Okposo's injury came out today... detached retina..

from an islanders blog

Islanderspointblank posted:

The severity of his injury is unknown, but according to the Kellogg Eye Center at the University of Michigan, after surgery, “vision may take many months to improve and in some cases may never fully return.” (UMich, Feb. 3).

“The more severe the detachment, and the longer it has been present, the less vision may be expected to return,” they said.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Furnaceface posted:

That would be cool but I still would rather see him in SJ (playing with Burns/Thornton) or Winnipeg (playing with Buff). All that rear end would be hard to contain.

if the jets make the playoffs, i could definitely get… behind… a jagr/buff possession machine

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Fozzie Bear posted:

Okposo's injury came out today... detached retina..

from an islanders blog

That really sucks.

I was in a bike accident back in November and broke my cheekbone and orbital bones, and the ophthalmologist I saw was concerned about the possibility of the retina detaching after a significant blow to the eye like that. Kinda scary poo poo, though I luckily haven't had any symptoms or issues. They do say you're at increased risk for up to a year or more later though...did Okposo get hit in the face anytime "recently"?

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Spamtron7000 posted:

Latta absolutely should not be sitting. Chimera should be flat out waved. He's still fast but not superman fast and he's of no use to us if we can't lob him the puck and have him beat out icings.

Volpatti is a plug and I'd rather see Brown or LOB get icetime instead.

It doesn't help that refs flat out suck at calling hybrid icing and will frequently blow even when Chimera is ahead of the defender.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I'm ok with this

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

oh apparently AV said he has told Rangers management that he'd like to see Zucc re-signed, which is cool. Even though he's not having the great year he had last season, Zucc is an excellent player that the Rangers should hold on to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
@VanCanucks: Desjardins not confirming starter but says Kassian won't play tonight. #Canucks

OK, is there a form I need to fill out to join Team gently caress Benning? Some kind of application or whatever?

• Locked thread