Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Shockyourmonkey posted:

It's not so much books as reading itself is inherently intellectual and improves your cognitive faculties way easier and more thoroughly than somebody who lives in your mom's basement posting on the internet all day

But you're reading posts on the internet.

reading is reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Suck his dick and give him $1000 op.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Shockyourmonkey posted:

It's not so much books as reading itself is inherently intellectual and improves your cognitive faculties way easier and more thoroughly than somebody who lives in your mom's basement posting on the internet all day

loving nerd read a gun magazine.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

The Taint Reaper posted:

But you're reading posts on the internet.

reading is reading

lmao

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
There's probably some value in pretty much all reading, even reading a bunch of goons yelling 'cuck.'

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
[man wearing nazi regalia tattooed with swastikas and germanic runes enters] I'm not a racist, that's what so insane about this.

Father_Johann
Aug 28, 2008

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

?? I pay library from my town/city property taxes. It's around 1200 dollars a year. Since when do libraries get paid for with income taxes?

poo poo, dude, I think it varies state to state to country to country, but $1200 sounds really high for what library funding actually gets from the public. If I was paying $1200 a year for something I didn't personally use, I'd be pissed, too.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
we're all paying taxes for poo poo we don't use or need. it's kind of childish to demand that you get to choose what your tax dollars are used for, since that is basically impossible.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Close all libraries and give every member of the public a chrome book with access to a virtual library. I assure you I've thought this through and my idea can't possibly go horribly wrong.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

[man wearing nazi regalia tattooed with swastikas and germanic runes enters] I'm not a racist, that's what so insane about this.
*glances at pin on vest that reads "ILOVEJEWSLAUGHTER"* what, this? I work at the jewish youth comedy club!

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
give them all a kindle and let them use the gutenberg website, OR cash and they can buy whatever book they want or if they dont want a book they can buy drugs/alcohol.

Free market yall.

Father_Johann
Aug 28, 2008

Dyna Soar posted:

we're all paying taxes for poo poo we don't use or need. it's kind of childish to demand that you get to choose what your tax dollars are used for, since that is basically impossible.

C'mon, we should be allowed to ride around in tanks or press the "fire' button for torpedoes in a submarines at least once a year, because we are tax payers and we have to have personal reasons for paying taxes.

Also, we need speeding ticket immunity cards. Like you get your tax return and it comes with a card that says "Need not Be Given a Speeding Ticket--Card Holder Is a Taxpayer--Blessed Be His Holy Name."

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

give them all a kindle and let them use the gutenberg website, OR cash and they can buy whatever book they want or if they dont want a book they can buy drugs/alcohol.

Free market yall.

this but with bitcoin

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Free market yall.

yeah that's not smart or viable b/c as i said, 1% of your yearly tax amount is barely noticeable as opposed to libraries which are important for a lot of people and free to use even for the ppl who feel they don't need them

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

$1200 a year is pretty noticable tho. Who is right here I'm so confused!!

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
ACtually it's quite noticable to me, its 2 mortgage payments a year.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

I need a librarian's help to research this info

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
well the figure i gave is only valid here, and it also includes the whole tax gain by the city/county, not just income tax. it's a lot less than 1% of your income tax.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
went to the library and started reading about social security and that just renewed my anger re: taxes... guess these "Libraries" are a double edged sword, when you think about it

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

u read rush revere too?

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
rip the cover off the turner diaries and paste it to a copy of bell hooks 'feminism is for everybody' then set it aside, when he comes in next be like 'oh I saved this for you'

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
give him 12 years a slave and tell him thats its a realistic portrayal of life back in the good old days

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
in fact the fake book jacket is reuseable and since you work at a library and have shitloads of those plastic jacket covers you wouldnt even have to work very hard at this ruse

print up halfway convincing color covers of poo poo with titles like "god guns grits and gravy" and use the plastic jacket covers to put them on das kapital, etc, give him enough of these and eventually he will probably gently caress off and get the hint

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
he'll probably love das kapital

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Have him get cucked.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
We are all one

:nws:
http://i.imgur.com/bsOQl.jpg

unity and love

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

or change his mouse cursor to Obama's face, and replace the computer's system sounds with his quotes.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

gently caress it, just kill him op

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
I agree that the OP should suck the man's hog next time they're in the bathroom. Don't wait for him to get off the toilet; slide under the divider and crawl up into his meaty lap. That's a sly gently caress :wink:

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
I dunno do the research the guy requests but also throw in some philosophy for him, maybe he'll realize how loving stupid he is or something

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
kiss him on the mouth, op

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Start a tabletop gaming club and invite all the hobos

teach them the honor of arguing about rules instead of the ignominy of hating other races

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

little munchkin posted:

kiss him on the penis, op

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

that doesnt sound like mpls rapper pos at all, op. you're probably thinking of a different guy

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker
You should sit down with him at a table and ask him questions about the KKK, racism, guns, beer, smelling bad, and then ask him out on a date.

You'll never see him in the library ever again. Or you might. I don't know, I'm not an expert on racists.

Father_Johann
Aug 28, 2008

gnarlyhotep posted:

Start a tabletop gaming club and invite all the hobos

teach them the honor of arguing about rules instead of the ignominy of hating other races

Along these lines, I wonder what it would be like to be a psychiatric therapist who primarily used D&D as a tool.

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

Father_Johann posted:

Along these lines, I wonder what it would be like to be a psychiatric therapist who primarily used D&D as a tool.

dont sign your posts

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

"Slyly gently caress with"

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
op are you literally shaking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)
I hope you find a way to really teach this vagrant retard that probably has paranoid schizophrenia or something a lesson OP

• Locked thread