Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Until pitchers and catchers report! It's almost time for it to be almost time for baseball!

Feb. 1-21 -- Salary arbitration hearings

Feb. 19 -- Spring training opens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

With less than a month remaining until the Dodgers’ first full-squad workout, Puig said he was uncertain of how much he weighed.

“I weigh 255 pounds,” he said. “I don’t know. Maybe 260.”

He laughed and continued, “You can put in the newspaper, ‘Puig came fat.’”

:captainpop:

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
Better than "fast"

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The Caribbean Series is happening right now. Who will be this year's Andy Dirks?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Who is everyone's breakout candidate for 2015? I feel that Michael Pineda's shoulder won't blow up and he'll go the distance for the first time in four years

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Is Andy Wilkins just the another Kila/LaHair? Is there anything to suggest he might have made some changes to how he hits? I don't follow White Sox minor league players at all other than to know some of them exist.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I hope you don't expect me to constantly update the thread title :colbert:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
MLB March N/V: Intruder Will Come Up With A Better Title

In actual news, the Tacky Minor League Jersey Announcement Season is already well underway:

Tedd_Not_Ed fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 2, 2015

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Carlosologist posted:

Who is everyone's breakout candidate for 2015? I feel that Michael Pineda's shoulder won't blow up and he'll go the distance for the first time in four years

I hope his shoulder holds up, but if it does, I don't think he'd qualify as "breakout" this season. We know he's got killer stuff, the only thing that's held him back is his injuries. So if he makes all of his starts and crushes, it'll just be finally living up to expectations more than exceeding them.

(Obviously this depends on his numbers even assuming he doesn't re-injure something.)

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

In actual news, the Tacky Minor League Jersey Announcement Season is already well underway:

I don't think that looks bad, but they look like they belong to a hockey team.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I thought the title was the average Yankees-Red Sox game length last season

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

Spoeank posted:

I thought the title was the average Yankees-Red Sox game length last season

No, I think at this rate it's the combined length before they're eliminated from contention.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Paging dr_andrews.jpg to the 2015 season

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

tadashi posted:

Is Andy Wilkins just the another Kila/LaHair? Is there anything to suggest he might have made some changes to how he hits? I don't follow White Sox minor league players at all other than to know some of them exist.

His walk rate dropped heavily last year in AAA while his power went up, so when he went to the majors, he just struck out and barely made contact.

So he'll need some more advancement if he wants to become a big leaguer.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

tadashi posted:

Two time MVP Andy Wilkins, never forget.

http://www.rujasu.net/scmlb/news/html/players/player_33471.html

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
I want to say Shelby Miller: Breakout Star.

Because hope springs eternal and I'm a massive homer

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

It was just a dumb joke about changing the countdown every day (or minute or second or whatever) :shobon:

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Ryan Rua :shepface:

seriouser answer: Rougned Odor

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Carlosologist posted:

Charlie Morton is going to win the 2015 NL Cy Young Award, book it

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

one of cleveland's up-and-coming pitchers will hone the cutter and blossom a la masterson in 2013 and kluber in 2014. i think that was the pitch that helped them, atleast.

i also think salazar will regain his control and dominate.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
Jon Singleton

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Is it worth going to Fresno to get something for which my heart yearns? I shall know come April...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Imasalmon posted:

Jon Singleton

Hell, if we can get 260/300/450 out of him I'll be thrilled

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Carlosologist posted:

Josh Hamilton's wife on Real Housewives of Orange County.

Or whatever players the Angels have traded away I guess.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Mornacale posted:

Charlie Morton is going to win the 2015 NL Cy Young Award, book it

I still believe in Charlie.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

Everblight posted:

Paging dr_andrews.jpg to the 2015 season

I skimmed the page and saw "Clayton" and "Tommy John" in the same tweet and was like noooo

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Abel Wingnut posted:

one of cleveland's up-and-coming pitchers will hone the cutter and blossom a la masterson in 2013 and kluber in 2014. i think that was the pitch that helped them, atleast.

i also think salazar will regain his control and dominate.

Trevor Bauer uncovers photos of Kaz Tadano and Rob Manfred, threatens to release them along with a dis track and is allowed to throw with a run up and crow hop....puts together a Hoss Radbourn style season.

Equally plausible: Javy Baez walks 45 times this season.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Carlosologist posted:

Ichiro Suzuki

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

Munenori Kawasaki :v:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Baez buys a dozen batting gloves: one for every time he gets on base

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Trying to acquire in fantasy baseball what I could never have in sim baseball.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Popete posted:

Ichiro Suzuki

Real talk I might actually get an Ichiro Marlins jersey. I don't even particularly like the Marlins with exception of Stanton's monster dingers and the attendant machine, but it just seems like something a guy ought to have.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

he's going to be off the team in about two years so I wouldn't bother

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Cool and good. posted:

he's going to be off the team in about two years so I wouldn't bother

I want to get one and keep it next to an Emmitt Smith Cardinals jersey and a Hakeem Olajuwon Raptors jersey

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
N: Jayson Werth is apparently signing autographs in jail

V: Lol

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
My new purchase :cool:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Carlosologist posted:

Who is everyone's breakout candidate for 2015?

Barry Zito 2.0

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
For the Blue Jays

I'm going:

Marcus Stroman: breakout pitcher
Dalton Pompey: breakout hitter
Dickie: comeback pitcher
Maicer izturis: comeback hitter
Regression pitcher: buerhle (:smith:)
Regression hitter: Navarro

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
MLB.TV is advertising the new season, so here's the sharing thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3698712

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

I hope you don't expect me to constantly update the thread title :colbert:

I expect it updated according to the standards of the international atomic clock. Every time I refresh there had better be a new time there, Mister!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

R.D. Mangles posted:

Baez buys a dozen batting gloves: one for every time he gets on base

Look, just like every level in the minors, he struggles at first, then he "gets it" and he's an unstoppable beast. That will definitely work out at the major league level!

• Locked thread