Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

This is The Greatest Thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
College games here at UCR start in 12 days and our new head coach is Troy Percival :allears:

baseball is coming back guys

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Some 10 year old hero keeps owning Puig.
http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/02/03...150203_39871077

quote:

"His mom calls him 'The Cardinal,'" Puig deadpanned. "We don't even know his name anymore. … I take him to the stadium, I put the tickets under my name, I introduce him to all of my teammates, and he shows up with a Cardinals shirt. He's driving me nuts. I can't win with him. His cousins all have [Dodgers gear]. Not him. We have to do something. I have to make him change his mind. We won the second game and that's it. He cried, and after that, he started laughing at us again."

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
Gonna be hard to top that as 'best snippet of the offseason'

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

quote:

He cried, and after that, he started laughing at us again.

lmao this kid rules.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Yoan Moncada is now free to sign with the team of his choice. This should be fun.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

For real this time? Do MLB and the government both agree?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Kid owns for a cards fan

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Yoan Moncada is now free to sign with the team of his choice. This should be fun.

yankees gonna sign a 19 year old to like 8 years 80 million.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 3, 2015

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bob Costas, white knight for the purity of baseball, has this to say about cheating in football.

Apparently Barry Bonds isn't into gamesmanship.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Rand alPaul posted:

Bob Costas, white knight for the purity of baseball, has this to say about cheating in football.

He is right though

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

yankees gonna sign a 19 year old to like 8 years 80 million.

He's an amateur so I don't believe that's how it works. You can give him a signing bonus(expected to be in the 30-40 million range) which then gets doubled or close to it because of the J2 budget restrictions, but once he takes it he's just another minor leaguer in your system, subject to rookie wages and the arbitration process and all that other poo poo.

It's gonna be funny if the winning offer comes from a team currently under international restrictions and he waits it out while people still write goofy MONCADA DOESN'T APPEAR TO BE MAKING UP HIS MIND, THE DEADLINE IS COMING, WHAT WILL THE YANKEES/RED SOXES DOOOOOOOO pieces until the signing period rolls over and he goes to whatever ineligible team gave him the best offer to begin with.

wait did I say funny I meant stupid

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Russell Wilson's gonna go spring camp with the rangers. Good to know he won't get a championship in 2015.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Giants are set to debut a new alternate jersey on Friday. Word on twitter is that it will be black.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Giants are set to debut a new alternate jersey on Friday. Word on twitter is that it will be black.

Sounds like the Giants are really good at Remembering The 90s.

zakharov fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 3, 2015

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Ugh, as if the Warriors black alts weren't bad enough

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Ugh, as if the Warriors black alts weren't bad enough

To be fair, black is one of their colors and the Pirates alternate shows how black can work as a jersey color but then again

zakharov posted:

Remembering The 90s.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nodoze posted:

He is right though

Except if you do steroids. Actually doctoring the baseball? Oh you rascal, you!

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Rand alPaul posted:

Except if you do steroids. Actually doctoring the baseball? Oh you rascal, you!

In fairness that does seem to be the consistent stance of most of the anti-steroid-user-in-HOF people when you look at Gaylord Perry etc.

I think it's kind of a stupid stance but points for consistency I guess.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Black jerseys own.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzqaztKb35w

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
Josh Hamilton has shoulder surgery, likely out for most of the Spring Training and possibly opening day

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Crimson Sox posted:

Josh Hamilton has shoulder surgery, likely out for most of the Spring Training and possibly opening day

I hope it's not his drinking arm

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

This is really viscerally uncomfortable to watch for some reason.

this rules

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bob Ojeda posted:

In fairness that does seem to be the consistent stance of most of the anti-steroid-user-in-HOF people when you look at Gaylord Perry etc.

I think it's kind of a stupid stance but points for consistency I guess.

True, unless you ask them about greenie usage, then they just block you on twitter.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Why wait a couple weeks from st to do that? Do players time surgery like this on purpose?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wish he had been traded to Texas before requiring surgery :(

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
This shoulder surgery is really going to hurt his trade value now. :(

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Good Dog posted:

Who exactly was going to trade anything of value for Josh Hamilton in 2015 on that contract?

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Rand alPaul posted:

I wish he had been traded to Texas before requiring surgery :(

That's a pretty lovely thing to wish on someone, jerk

vvv Didn't you hear? Somebody reported "exploratory talks" between Angels and Rangers about him, which had since been revealed as basically consisting of

"Hey do you want Hamilton back?"

"lol no"

TheIncredulousHulk fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 4, 2015

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Good Dog posted:

He had trade value?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Good Dog was joking dinguses

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Groucho Marxist posted:

Good Dog was joking dinguses

Totally forgot to read "posterhistory.txt" beforehand

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
It's probably nothing, but see if you can notice what's missing at The A's facility at Mesa:

Oakland

Tedd_Not_Ed fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 4, 2015

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Random question, but did Trea Turner end up getting traded to the Nationals in the Wil Nyers trade or not? I thought he did, but I keep seeing him listed (Rotoworld, various top prospect lists, etc) as a Padre.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?

Vernacular posted:

Random question, but did Trea Turner end up getting traded to the Nationals in the Wil Nyers trade or not? I thought he did, but I keep seeing him listed (Rotoworld, various top prospect lists, etc) as a Padre.

Yes, he was. Trea Turner was drafted last summer, so he was traded as a PTBNL, but they cannot formally send him over until a year has passed from his drafting.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

It's probably nothing, but see if you can notice what's missing at The A's facility at Mesa:

Hope they get reaaal comfortable in Mesa

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Poop?

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Hope they get reaaal comfortable in Mesa

Just this Thanksgiving I was in Tuscon and drove past the old Diamondbacks and White Sox Training Facitlity only to find that it's now being used as a youth baseball camp. Made me kind of sad actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Colorado has signed John Axford to a minor league deal and Kyle Kendrick to a 1 yr/$5.5M deal.....:effort:

E: with an additional $500K bonus if he pitches 190 innings.

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 4, 2015

• Locked thread