Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thompson
Jun 6, 2006

MourningView posted:

He'll miss a chunk of spring training but otherwise that injury shouldn't be a huge deal.

I'd agree with you if he wasn't 36 years old. I think that may be a bigger deal than it usually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Ryan Howard had a torn medial meniscus also.

They'll say 6-8 weeks but that depends on damage on the bone that could make it longer.

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 5, 2015

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

thompson posted:

I'd agree with you if he wasn't 36 years old. I think that may be a bigger deal than it usually is.

Same knee that he's had ACL and microfracture surgery on, too.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

zakharov posted:

We've got our first :rip: of 2015 and it's a big 'un

https://twitter.com/beckjason/status/563412566953963520

:rip: Victor Martinez

Before I clicked on the link I thought you were saying that Victor Martinez is actually dead.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Sometimes I forget that not everyone has SALR which embeds tweets automatically sorry!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

zakharov posted:

We've got our first :rip: of 2015 and it's a big 'un

https://twitter.com/beckjason/status/563412566953963520

:rip: Victor Martinez
How can I believe a Tweet from someone other than the Injury Expert.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

zakharov posted:

Sometimes I forget that not everyone has SALR which embeds tweets automatically sorry!

thats an option?? holy poo poo

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
The Tigers offense is going to be hilarious if both Martinez and Cabrera aren't ready for opening day.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Monicro posted:

Holy poo poo

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

[delete this dumb post]

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

ozymandius1024 posted:

The Tigers offense is going to be hilarious if both Martinez and Cabrera aren't ready for opening day.

Actually it will be very helpful, because then Nick Castellanos can be the DH and not on the field.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Red Sox just Cost Certainty'd Wade Miley for some reason, buying out his arb years at 3/$19m

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Monicro posted:

I'm not seeing it.

Len Dykstra
Oct 24, 2010
I'll just leave this here

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
OK now I really wish the Tigers had signed Hanley instead. :qq:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

Len Dykstra posted:

I'll just leave this here

I really hope we don't end up with another Major League Baseball Star Wars Broadcast on Espn this year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

I really hope we don't end up with another Major League Baseball Star Wars Broadcast on Espn this year.

why would chewbacca hang out with the dude who kidnapped his best friend, poo poo made no sense!!!!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Red Sox just Cost Certainty'd Wade Miley for some reason, buying out his arb years at 3/$19m

Hahaha

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Did they add lightsaber effects to every bat?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

No, but it was somehow stupider

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Nice to have an excuse to post this

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Why the gently caress is it Bisons

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

TheChaosPath posted:

Why the gently caress is it Bisons

The name dates to 1879. People spelled things weird then.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Didn't anyone ever teach Joe Buck to keep his finger off the trigger?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I'm not seeing it.

Well some extension I have is doing it, not sure which one. I'm on Chrome if it matters.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I'm not seeing it.

It's in "Configure SALR" under Thread Options apparently. hooray

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Intruder posted:

Nice to have an excuse to post this

I hadn't seen this until now... and :vince:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Monicro posted:

It should be under the Thread options tab. Might be only with SALR Redux
E: Beaten

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Apparently depending on the surgery type, Martinez's timetable could run 12-16 weeks.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Apparently depending on the surgery type, Martinez's timetable could run 12-16 weeks.

He's going to need a few extra doses from TJ to shorten the timetable.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I just tack-on an extra month to everybody's return timetable.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Martinez probably won't be back until the All Star break and even then he'll be severely rusty. Look on the bright side, he'll be a great fantasy draft pick in 2016.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

here's a thing I found on a Dodgers blog

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Rob Manfred might reinstate Pete Rose

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
gently caress rob manfred

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
According to Al Michaels the Twins were pumping in fake crowd noise in '87 :laffo:

:yikes:

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
For some loving reason, the Jacksonville Suns (Marlins AA affiliate) will be starting off the MiLB season with a 20 game homestand.

http://www.milb.com/schedule/index.jsp?sid=t564

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

If it's repaired, which is really rare...about 10% of people under the age of 35 can get the repair operation. For repairs, you get a brace and cant put any weight on it for a few weeks making it a longer recovery. If they cant repair, which I would guess would be the way they are going given his previous history with the knee, they just remove meniscus tissue giving a 4-8 week timetable. His previous injury might cause more swelling and weakness which could lengthen recovery a bit, but not too much more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

New Concept Hole posted:

Didn't anyone ever teach Joe Buck to keep his finger off the trigger?

And McCarver is holding his gun backwards.

• Locked thread