Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which SEC team will Kentucky lose to?
This poll is closed.
None of them 17 16.67%
None of them 16 15.69%
None of them 19 18.63%
None of them 16 15.69%
None of them 17 16.67%
None of them 17 16.67%
Total: 28 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Place your bets on when Rick Barnes gets fired now.

And gently caress a Cyclone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
gently caress a Jayhawk. God bless.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Probably Magic posted:

Will this actually be the year?

Also, gently caress a cardinal, a jacket, and a blue devil. God bless, merry christmas, and good night.

For content: Doesn't look like Marcus Thornton will be playing for UGA in Lexington tomorrow night. This greatly reduces the chance of them playing UK very competitively, and if he can't return quickly could be a huge issue for the team moving forward through the rest of conference play. The USC game over the weekend is pretty good evidence of this. Mann just has not developed into the floor leader he needs to be at times for the team to succeed.

vikingstrike fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 2, 2015

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
The acc has been a fun conference to watch. Five good teams just beating the poo poo out of each other.

Anyways go Cayuts, death to Louisville, some fate worse than death to duke, that just about covers it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Probably Magic posted:

How is Texas still ranked in the AP? To think they started in the Top 10. I think he only sticks around if they somehow manage a win or two in the NCAA tournament. An early exit from the Big 12 tournament would seal it too I think.

Also, gently caress a Jayhawk. ISU needs the win tonight if they realistically want to stay in the hunt for the Big 12.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I made a gameday thread since I didn't see one...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3698621

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade
So since Greg Anthony got busted with a prostitute, CBS has a new Final Four announce team: Jim Nantz (terrible), Grant Hill (probably terrible), and Bill Raftery (OWNS OWNS OWNS).

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
Virginia lost a tough one to Duke. Blue Devils scored 34 points in the first 30 minutes, and 35 points in the last 10. Sucked to have our first loss be to Duke, but here we are at 20-1 and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Then we went down and beat UNC pretty badly. Our 7th win EVER in Chapel Hill. We have a habit of beating people by 12-15 and making it seem like 30. This was NOT a close game, if not for one bad call we would have led for the last 24 minutes, and by double digits for the last 10.

That call? This is, apparently, a charge:

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

E: whoops this isn't the gameday thread.

i'm gonna leave it.

:laffo: at Dekker bricking a dunk after Bo had already called timeout though

Hello Towel fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 4, 2015

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I was at the UNC-UVA game last night and it was pretty disappointing. The first half was awesome and gave me hope, but UNC's shooting came back down to earth and Virginia's opportunistic defense really asserted itself. The Heels got nothing at all from anyone aside from Paige, Johnson, and Meeks; had Jackson performed as he has been lately, that would have been a huge help, but the rest of the lineup was basically useless. Tokoto, in particular, stunk up the floor on both ends. As an SC grad, it added an extra level of frustration to watch Anthony Gill ball out. All in all, it wasn't a particularly shocking outcome since Virginia is the clear better team, but it was certainly difficult to watch at points.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
I know this sounds homer as poo poo, but Kentucky is bored. God help the teams they face in the tourney

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bishop posted:

I know this sounds homer as poo poo, but Kentucky is bored. God help the teams they face in the tourney
I mean the other side of that could be that a team who spends their entire season bored is the perfect setup for a hilarious tournament upset.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
I'm having flashbacks thinking of Dwayne Wade. Someone make them stoooioookokp

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I mean the other side of that could be that a team who spends their entire season bored is the perfect setup for a hilarious tournament upset.
possibly but our out of conference games against good opponents were snuff films. I've been to a few conference home games and they honestly just look bored. Willie is the best example. Any team can beat us if they muck up the game and hit shots. I want to see another big matchup before I judge

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Bishop posted:

possibly but our out of conference games against good opponents were snuff films. I've been to a few conference home games and they honestly just look bored. Willie is the best example. Any team can beat us if they muck up the game and hit shots. I want to see another big matchup before I judge

The problem is there really isn't a big matchup left on the schedule. This weekend at Florida is probably the biggest name game left on the year, but it's not near what it looked like it would be preseason. Still, I hope they get hyped up for it and crush Florida. That would show they still have it in them to really turn it on when they want to.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Bishop posted:

I think the one thing that can derail UK is if they just don't prep for the midmajors they have to walk through in the first three national tourney rounds, and you end up with something like that Columbia game but a worse outcome. But if they come prepared, they're impossible to beat. Really don't think it's likely they don't just win the whole thing, though they may screw up at the SEC tourney or something because they stop giving a poo poo for a second.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Kentucky is just a hydra this year. There's no one guy that you can gameplan against. It can be any of 8 people that beat you on a given day. The best strategy teams have come up with is to get really physical, slow the game down, and hope poo poo works

Missouri is a good example. Sure they suck but they tried playing Kentucky straight up and lost by 49. Second time they made the game miserable and only lost by 16

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Mike Alden stepped down as AD of Mizzou. Maybe they can finally get a decent hire after everyone gets tired of Anderson.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
He'll yeah looking forward to another SDSU game tonight that's only available on loving ESPN3

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Games on ESPN 3 are awesome for me. It's the CBS ones that piss me off, being cable-free.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

kiimo posted:

Games on ESPN 3 are awesome for me. It's the CBS ones that piss me off, being cable-free.

I haven't checked to see if they do the same during non-tournament basketball season, but CBS does stream their college football games. It seems like a lot of people aren't aware of it for some reason, but it's pretty close to ESPN3 quality.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Welp, time to take Syracuse out of your Bracketology projections

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2015/2/4/7981465/syracuse-basketball-postseason-ban-2015-self-imposed-ncaa

E: Sounds like they would've tried to put off the ban till next year, but since they're a fringe team anyway it makes to get it out of the way now.

Benne fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 4, 2015

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Benne posted:

Welp, time to take Syracuse out of your Bracketology projections

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2015/2/4/7981465/syracuse-basketball-postseason-ban-2015-self-imposed-ncaa

E: Sounds like they would've tried to put off the ban till next year, but since they're a fringe team anyway it makes to get it out of the way now.

I'm glad the university is trying to make it this season, hopefully this preemptive sacrifice on the NCAA altar is enough as far as post-season bans. Today's announcement is consistent with earlier rumors on the syracuse boards, but inconsistent with later rumors of 2 season ban starting next season.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

So great, Marc Loving is "temporarily suspended". I can't imagine it's attitude since he doesn't seem to be interested in the games and just had his best one on Sunday. Any idea what he did? I assume it's grades.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RumbleFish posted:

I haven't checked to see if they do the same during non-tournament basketball season, but CBS does stream their college football games. It seems like a lot of people aren't aware of it for some reason, but it's pretty close to ESPN3 quality.

I have scoured the CBS website for a link so many times during games in a frantic search to even be able to buy the stream.

If it exists it must be like Shangri-La.

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis

kiimo posted:

I have scoured the CBS website for a link so many times during games in a frantic search to even be able to buy the stream.

If it exists it must be like Shangri-La.

You can't get it over the air? I watch it via HD antenna.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I currently live in information black hole Encino and it is killing me.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue's in the middle of a 3 game stretch (@Northwestern, OSU, @Minn) where the opponents have a full week to prepare for the game. Well, 6 days for OSU but still that's some scheduling bullshit.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

PotatoJudge posted:

Purdue's in the middle of a 3 game stretch (@Northwestern, OSU, @Minn) where the opponents have a full week to prepare for the game. Well, 6 days for OSU but still that's some scheduling bullshit.
Too bad you guys poo poo your pants in the non-conference, you're having an unexpectedly (to me) conference run.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

gvibes posted:

Too bad you guys poo poo your pants in the non-conference, you're having an unexpectedly (to me) conference run.

Yeah, non-conference was a disaster.

2 really bad losses (N. Florida & Gardner-Webb)
2 losses that are looking worse and worse (K-State & Vandy)
1 blowout (Notre Dame)

vs 2 wins vs teams who are kind of under performing (BYU & NC State).

They're on the bubble now but will need to sweep their remaining home games and split the 4 tough road games they have left (Minn, MSU, IU, & OSU) to stay / get in.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Beat a 9-13 team, storm the court. I fully approve.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/tyrone-wallace-s-game-winner-inspires-rare-court-storm-against-usc-154945867.html

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Storm All Courts

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MourningView posted:

Storm All Courts

That is thread law along with gently caress Duke/Maryland, Burn Louisville and Toledo being Homos 4 Lyfe

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
In the last season of Lickliter I wanted to storm the court after beating Tennessee State but none of the other 12 people in the student section would go with me :(

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MourningView posted:

In the last season of Lickliter I wanted to storm the court after beating Tennessee State but none of the other 12 people in the student section would go with me :(

The biggest disadvantage of my job is I've worked basically every game we've stormed the court for. Last time was like, 2005

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I'm going to show my rear end here and finally ask the burning question of wondering why everyone hates Louisville so much.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
we have a lot of kentucky fans

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Also it is pretty hard to respect Rick Pitino.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
Also they play ugly offense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

Also it is pretty hard to respect Rick Pitino.

i respect rick. i hate them tho.

• Locked thread