Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which SEC team will Kentucky lose to?
This poll is closed.
None of them 17 16.67%
None of them 16 15.69%
None of them 19 18.63%
None of them 16 15.69%
None of them 17 16.67%
None of them 17 16.67%
Total: 28 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

College golf.

College golf did kind of bring us Todd Haley gifs, so it has something going for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Last week Kim Anderson was flying to recruit someone or something and his plane lost an engine after takeoff and they had to make an emergency landing. Then yesterday the plane Mississippi State was taking back to Starkville had the exact same thing happen.

Columbia Regional Airport is trying to kill bad basketball :ohdear:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

warheadr posted:

Fox Sports published an oral history of Billy Gillespie's time at Kentucky, talking to a lot of former players and people around the program. It's long, but a fairly entertaining read. Gillespie really was just a mess

He seemed so good at A&M, I thought it was a fine hire until...well he wasn't good at all. And apparently is so toxic he can't even get a job anymore.

e: Haha this can't be real. Like obviously what he says isn't real but the incident can't actually be real. Right?

Mary Jo Perino -- Sports Anchor at WLEX-TV in Lexington posted:

I saw him at dinner at a restaurant later that night. He again came up to my table and stood there and said, "Did you know I've been married twice. Both my wives are dead." I said, "Coach, I thought you were divorced just once." He said, "No, both my wives are dead. Do you want to know how they died?" I said sure. He said, "The first one died from eating poisonous mushrooms. And the second one died from a blow to the back of the head when she wouldn't eat the poisonous mushrooms."

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 17, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

Dorian Finney-Smith is our leading scorer. He has been suspended indefinitely.

Michael Frazier is still out with a bad ankle.

We are 12-13 and like 2-8 in single digit losses. Also, we are averaging 65.4 PPG lol.

This is the worst season I can remember under Billy Donovan.

Does that one armed guy ever get in the game?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

I am fairly confident this is the worst Mizzou team ever in my lifetime (this includes football). They're going to end up with one win in a bad conference and are appearing to get worse as the season goes on.

I'm pretty sure it's the worst basketball team at least since Norm's first year. Probably since a guy named Bob Vanetta went 3-22 the year before.

e: that's be since 1966 or '67 just to be clear. Also I still think a lot of the blame goes to Haith even if Kim Anderson is a dud. And Alden for bringing the whole situation about of course.

Also football was in a terrible way for a lot of years (maybe before you were alive). 2000-'02 was bad and you probably were alive, but '84 to '96 was pure poo poo all around with the best part being two 5-6 seasons.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Feb 19, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

WVU doesn't play zone, is therefore cool.

I kind of enjoy a well run zone. That has nothing to do with whoever ISU might see this year though.

Or anyone else in college ball I guess.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

tau posted:

Christ, K-State gonna ruin court rushing for everybody. gently caress em.

As an avowed Bill Self and everything Kansas hater I thought he had a reasonable reaction (at least the part where I heard him talking about it). Rushing the court is fine, K State just needs to get more security down there. Hell it's not like everyone in the world didn't know what was going to happen if KSU won and you knew they were going to have a good shot at winning for the last 10 minutes. Or if the problem is needing to hire some extra folks...well you probably only really need them when Kansas or a top 10 team comes in.

In other news this is apparently the first back to back home wins for K State against Kansas since 1983. I figured it wouldn't be common or anything but they've generally been a pretty decent program outside of the Woolridge and Asbury years (which granted lasted about a decade).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

gently caress this dude.

Seems like there's some reason everyone outside Arizona hated him before now but I can't remember much other than condoning fighting if calls don't go your way (or whatever that whole thing was about).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Something something you're just jealous he's outrecruiting your team something something.

It's true that I hate most college coaches.

After looking it up he said something really dumb about the Xavier/Cincinnati brawl a few years ago for some incomprehensible reason after he wasn't coaching there anymore. Well he said something because he was asked, but saying he was proud of those guys was really stupid at the time in response to a question about a fight.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh yeah, 2 wins in conference. Watch out SEC! Kentucky's just lucky they played Mizzou before they got their poo poo together.

Seriously Ehud, I'm sorry about how awful your team is this year. I saw the record but didn't really believe it until now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

alpha_destroy posted:

loving what? I would say I wasn't watching cause I was editing my film project, but that is a lie. I wouldn't have watched anyway.

Won it going away even. Namon Wright hit everything he threw up or Mizzou loses (he was the only guy scoring most of the game) but still.

• Locked thread