Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

oatgan posted:

remember like an hour ago when triple h was committed to the future of roman reigns

Roman Reigns does have a pretty great future though?

Is it probably a year or so too early for him? Yes, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have any future as a main eventer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Only ding I have on Austin is no word associations of younger talent.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

sticklefifer posted:

I'm glad we got confirmation that Vince is pretty hands-off when it comes to NXT. It's really apparent the more I watch it.

Isn't it literally one guy booking NXT and Dusty overlooking the one guy?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

They're on the road with a new show almost every day and it's five hours of TV every week and if it's hard to see the forest for the trees or avoid oversaturation I get it. I wish Steve asked about bringing back the brand split

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dexo posted:

Roman Reigns does have a pretty great future though?

Is it probably a year or so too early for him? Yes, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have any future as a main eventer.

if he comes out of Fastlane winning a super-hot match with Bryan (Bryan can have a decent match with anyone and Reigns isn't that limited), he's so much better off than he was when he won the Rumble because Kane and Big Show are stupid and Rocky interfered

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

achillesforever6 posted:

It probably won't because A) Dusty books it and one other guy writes it B) Its a one hour show that often has months of time to build to the next big show and C) The Mainshows are just such a different environment

But who's to say Triple H doesn't enact A to change C? He also mentioned how much he liked a slow burn, which points to a portion of B.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just being optimistic. And who even loving knows when Vince is going to leave, so it's really not worth even thinking about. H just seems like a dude who really loves wrestling for wrestling and is pretty old school about it, whereas Vince and Dunn are obviously self-admitted "movie makers".

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Isn't it literally one guy booking NXT and Dusty overlooking the one guy?

Yeah Dusty and Ryan Ward do most of it, HHH also gives input.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
What a performance.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

HHH doesn't have the dad envy that Vince has, "it's not wrestling damnit, my dad did that and I am something completely different!"

He strikes me as a guy that just wants to bring it back down to earth. It could all be a work I suppose, but I see NXT as his resume that he is going to show to the shareholders when it's time for a new boss.

Alain Post posted:

if he comes out of Fastlane winning a super-hot match with Bryan (Bryan can have a decent match with anyone and Reigns isn't that limited), he's so much better off than he was when he won the Rumble because Kane and Big Show are stupid and Rocky interfered

It's pretty risky but it could work. They need to have an amazing match, Bryan can carry him far but Roman needs to have the best singles match he's ever had.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Daniel Bryan posted:

What a performance.
Look I just want to delude myself in thinking HHH is probably going to be better at running this company than Vince and that its all not smoke and lies

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

HHH doesn't have the dad envy that Vince has, "it's not wrestling damnit, my dad did that and I am something completely different!"

He strikes me as a guy that just wants to bring it back down to earth. It could all be a work I suppose, but I see NXT as his resume that he is going to show to the shareholders when it's time for a new boss.

It's pretty risky but it could work. They need to have an amazing match, Bryan can carry him far but Roman needs to have the best singles match he's ever had.

If he puts on a great match and his promos continue being written like they were tonight, I can see a lot more people backing him in Mania. Essentially, this is Roman's put up or shut up moment. He's either going to fail horribly or he's going to come out a star. There will be no middle ground.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Look I just want to delude myself in thinking HHH is probably going to be better at running this company than Vince and that its all not smoke and lies

Well, I've got some bad news for you..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxBLCiUVXcI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Much softer, but it was a good chat. Gonna need to wade through some of that word salad though.

This image was the best thing of the night btw

• Locked thread