Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Hey what was Entourage considered, other than buttmonkey masturbation? If it counts as a sitcom, then it's the shittiest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I can appreciate mindless humor and maybe I'm alone in this but lately I've only really found animated sitcoms to provide it for me. Traditional sitcoms really just suck. The last one I liked was How I Met Your Mother (minus the last 2 seasons). I like Modern Family but that doesn't really fall into the traditional sitcom definition. Jokes are more subtle and characters play off each other really well. There's no laugh track to tell you where the joke is, and upon multiple viewings, you end up finding more subtle humor jampacked in.

Bob's Burgers is also great for that.

For Mindless, Family Guy tends to deliver.

I don't mean how this sounds but I think I'm too smart to enjoy a show as dumb as BBT. And I say this having mentioned Family Guy in a positive light.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
yeah archer is a show you can dial in exactly how much care you want to have about the characters, plot, joke-getting. you can just get cheap laughs from sex jokes or do your homework on the more obscure references

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Yeah, Archer is great for that. In fact, I think I have an entire season to catch up on. I started watching last season and the new format didn't work for me as a weekly show, but perhaps it will if I marathon 4 episodes at a time.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Cromulent posted:

It never got picked up, but the Revenge of the Nerds sitcom would have been in the running for worst poo poo ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud-twIMutjQ The theme song, and the actors half-assedly singing it in the intro is enraging.

it's like proto-Big Bang Theory

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

M.A.S.H.

Many people love it, but it is the most unfunny poo poo ever.

Despite the laugh track I don't think it was meant to be a straight comedy. Sometimes in syndication it has the laugh track removed and it's a lot better that way.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Fruit Smoothies posted:

/\/\/\/\/\
I CAN quote it. I don't.

I guess I watch my Game of Thrones for ... character development

You're just bad at consuming media, period.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
There was actually a sitcom based on the movie Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventures. It lasted 7 episodes, that should tell you everything you need to know.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Basically anything Chuck Lorre did is the worst sitcom.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Republican Vampire posted:

It's only the Poors and the Olds that watch network television. Any one with spare income has cable, satellite, streaming and/or all of the above. That's where the good programming is aired. Network will only get worse until it goes away completely.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Republican Vampire posted:

and yet we refuse to learn

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
there's no difference between pausing for a laugh track in a multicam and pausing for the actor to mug at the camera in a single cam

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Sleeveless posted:

there's no difference between pausing for a laugh track in a multicam and pausing for the actor to mug at the camera in a single cam

What's it like being wrong?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Shadow posted:

What's it like being wrong?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Everybody Loves Raymond was possibly the most unfunny and generic sitcom ever made and it gets my vote.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

One is about mimicking the beats of life theater and giving the audience permission for an out-loud laugh. The other is not.

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

I was reading the gripes about the laugh tracks and it reminded me of cheers. Before almost every episode, a cast members voice could be heard saying "cheers is filmed before a live studio audience."

They started doing that because people were complaining about their excessive use of the new dang laugh track machine they heard about. Cheers was actually that drat good in its time, that they didnt use a laugh track, and they didnt start the voice over thing until after a couple seasons. You can watch episodes and tell when the cast is pausing, fighting back their own laughter and waiting for the audience to quiet down enough to continue their lines.

Yes, dear still sucks, and im sure everyone on that show is ashamed of themselves.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

so were we supposed to "like" Jim, because I loving hated him and wanted him to fail at everything in life

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

pretty soft girl posted:

so were we supposed to "like" Jim, because I loving hated him and wanted him to fail at everything in life

whats your sign girl

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Sleeveless posted:

Laugh track more tolerable.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
I mean I'm not a fan of Kevin Smith's at all but I kept waiting for Jim to end up on the receiving end of Randall's rant towards Dante at the end of clerks for being a smug low effort superior piece of poo poo and it just never happened until I stopped watching

I thought the rest of the cast of that show was fun but if Jim was supposed to be the fish out of water character we related to the show didn't have much respect for its audience

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
This job would be great if it wasn't for the loving customers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
my local station reruns Hot In Cleveland before the 6pm news. I think this is show only exists to employ sitcom actors who I haven't seen since I was 12.

• Locked thread