Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

Yes dear.

I actually watched an episode and thought it was supposed to be some parody showing how bad tv was becoming. Then I saw it again and realized it was just a lovely show, but it was mesmerisingly bad. I couldn't help but watch if I flipped through channels and saw it on. After a few episodes, I started to get the feeling Mike o'malley didn't even like the show, and I could sense his contempt for everyone on it. These were all reruns too. I didn't learn of this show until about 4 years after it was cancelled and the wb or something ran it.

Becker too. I didn't learn of that until well after it was cancelled, and didn't understand how it was on for multiple seasons. And I like ted danson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

I was reading the gripes about the laugh tracks and it reminded me of cheers. Before almost every episode, a cast members voice could be heard saying "cheers is filmed before a live studio audience."

They started doing that because people were complaining about their excessive use of the new dang laugh track machine they heard about. Cheers was actually that drat good in its time, that they didnt use a laugh track, and they didnt start the voice over thing until after a couple seasons. You can watch episodes and tell when the cast is pausing, fighting back their own laughter and waiting for the audience to quiet down enough to continue their lines.

Yes, dear still sucks, and im sure everyone on that show is ashamed of themselves.

• Locked thread