Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
They should have just sent them to Paris or killed them instead of that stupid good aamaritan law poo poo that was an excuse to have a flashback episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

it was a love leter to the fans

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I'm pretty sure that fat guy that was getting robbed is dead now.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

They were fat shaming and paid for it.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I remember MTV was airing Cartoon Sushi during the commercial breaks

Yeah it was really bad

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Remove "The" and "finale" from the title and you're right OP.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

never heard of it

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

ive seen the shjow and that episode and i remember them both, op

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
sinfeld no soup 4 u lol jews and poo poo new york kramer BUUUHHHH jerry

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
clip shows are the worst

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi7bkHNKiK0 this should have been the finale

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
i havent seen it but i heard they go to jail right OP? seems like a pretty fitting end for a bunch of loving shitheels like those four

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
the worst part was that the last episode before the clip show finale was also an hour long clip show

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

visuvius posted:

I'm pretty sure that fat guy that was getting robbed is dead now.

And nothing of value was lost

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
i liked it quite a bit. then again, you could say i'm a bit of seinfeld fanatic. the show went off the air when i was in middle school and i won a seinfeld denim jacket in a radio trivia contest about the show. it looked like this:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
seinfeld is alright but people who think it's the best show ever are deluded as gently caress and/or insufferable. curb your enthusiasm was better overall and not to mention has a much stronger final season.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

thathonkey posted:

curb your enthusiasm was better overall

CYE was great but let's not say things we can't take back

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
The finale was pretty much the perfect way to end the show if you think about it though.

Like, the best way would have been for it to not have a finale episode, like the last episode is just a normal episode in the series, but there was no way they could have done that with so much hype surrounding it.

Big Butt Skinner
Apr 16, 2005

Blueprints of the dummy...
Notarized photos of you making the dummy...
And an alternate wording for the banner: "Buttzilla."
I hated the finale the first time I saw it, and then continued to hate it for years.

Then I watched it again recently and really enjoyed it. I think it's a great ending to the series.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Kuato posted:

And nothing of value was lost

"fat man, you been here four hour"

--the lifetime accumulated comedy of john pinette

Parsifal
Jan 1, 2009

wel accually u forgot Dolan
Teri Hatcher was p hot though

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
what happaened to them op? did they hug and finally agree to be friends?

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
I thought the idea of them going to jail was fitting but I thought the setup was dumb. Them videotaping a fat guy getting mugged and the Good Samaritan law seemed like such a poor setup. Well that's this troopers opinion thanks and God bless.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

nomadologique posted:

what happaened to them op? did they hug and finally agree to be friends?

Massive spoiler but hey it's been what a decade and you asked.

It turns out Jerry, Elaine, and George died in a car accident prior to the series, and the entire show has been a punishment orchestrated by the demon Remark (Kramer backwards) for them being lousy people in life. Show closes with Seinfeld sitting in a sea of blood screaming for all eternity as his face melts to uproarious applause, and then the camera pans to an audience of demons mid-orgy. I thought it was an interesting take on the whole "clip show" thing.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
I, too, watched TBS this evening.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

"Hurr they're going to jail for a year so obviously the show will come back in a year."

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
*Kramer uses the toilet in Jerry's cell to make prison wine.*

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Pulp Can Move posted:

*Kramer uses the toilet in Jerry's cell to make prison wine.*

Did you read my Seinfeld fanscript? Because I sent one to Jerry but never heard back from him.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Ha i just remembered kramer (actor) got in trouble for that really racist comedy routine

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012

burritolingus posted:

Did you read my Seinfeld fanscript? Because I sent one to Jerry but never heard back from him.

JERRY
You can't drink that pruno, Kramer! It's been fermenting for weeks! It's fifty percent alcohol!

[Kramer takes a sip and convulses, hitting his head on the bunk bed.]

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Yeah it was pretty poo poo and not all that funny.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

I think Seinfeld would have been so much better if they had gotten rid of the laugh track and gave all creative control to Larry David...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
:chome:

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Improviser posted:

Teri Hatcher was p hot though

Elaine is still a babe too. Good for her. :)

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

thathonkey posted:

Ha i just remembered kramer (actor) got in trouble for that really racist comedy routine
it wasnt even part of his routine, thats whats so crazy

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

I think Seinfeld would have been so much better if they had gotten rid of the laugh track

I always thought so too, but I guess non-laugh track sitcoms didn't really exist at the time. Regardless, in the sea of poo poo that is laugh track sitcoms, Seinfeld is one of the small few that was actually good.

I never had a problem with the finale.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Seinfeld was bad

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I miss laugh tracks.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
There was a period of my life when i tried acting like seinfeld and pointing out miniscule inefficiencies and irregularities in life and everyone kept tellig me to poo poo the gently caress up retard so i stopped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

I think Seinfeld would have been so much better if they had gotten rid of the laugh track and gave all creative control to Larry David...

They had to tell the audience to stop cheering for Kramer so much because it was distracting from the show and taking too much time.

• Locked thread