Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

RideTheSpiral posted:

if you like series 8 & 9 of seinfeld i legit feel sorry for you because you are really dumb and dont get the show you think you like
season 9 got reallllly cartoony
like super over the top premises for episodes and george is yelling all the time

i was rewatching some of these episodes that i thought were still great back in the day and they dont hold up as much as the earlier seasons at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

a bone to pick posted:

You guys don't seem very educated on the subject of Seinfeld.

Larry David left after season 7 leaving Jerry Seinfeld as the main writer/director, that's why season 8 and especially 9 are so different. Season 9 was meant to highlight how mentally hosed up these individuals were (George's yelling and Jerry's increased OCD) which turned out a little over the top.
they also added unusual retcon quirks for characters in the later seasons
like george apparently always had a huge wallet even though he never did before
or he always takes his shirt off when taking a dump but in the vandelay industries ep we see he rushing outta the bathroom with his shirt on
or kramer shaved his chest and if you see it it should make you gasp in horror but weve seen him shirtless a lot before

edit: and i cant believe that frogger machine had his high score from 20 years ago when the pizza place would have either turned the power off every night or lost power during a blackout
the story required the machine to have a battery when crossing the street so you cant pretend that it was a special one that could save scores after losing power

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Feb 3, 2015

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Not An Irish Monk posted:

i used to hate the backwards episode but it grew on me over the years. seinfeld was a pretty great show and even the cartoonish later seasons still had some really funny moments. "the pothole" is an underrated one from the later seasons cause i like how the result of all the plots converging in that episode is newman and his mail truck full of frozen flounder getting engulfed in flames on the expressway in the middle of the night. yeah it's ridiculous as hell but who gives a poo poo if it's unexpected and funny?
oh im not saying the last season isnt funny it definitely has some great moments
its just a different kind of funny that doesnt cleanly fit with the previous seasons
if they kept going after 9 it wouldnt be recognizable as the same show

• Locked thread