Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

kittenmittons posted:

What the hell did loving do? Thad seems like a pretty lenient guy in general

My guess is grades, would be nice to have him! Hopefully Kam Williams can get going because we need his shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
hammons 7, 7 and 7. drat

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I don't much care for Purdue

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

kittenmittons posted:

I don't much care for Purdue

They got IU and OSU at home at the best possible times. Good wins for them, but they've got nothing for a team that can force them to shoot jump shots.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Uuuugggghhjh

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

kittenmittons posted:

Uuuugggghhjh

- me, when people drive on Amir Williams

I often wonder just how amazing of a player he could be if he had any idea what he was doing out there.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

This battle between Drake and Southern Illinois is just as thrilling as I hoped it would be. When you've got two teams battling to try to get to sixth place in the MVC, you know it's gonna be good.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Coming down to a last second shot at Purdue, OSU down 3 with 7 seconds to go

Foul, Russel for 2 shots, Purdue's second best player is done

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
oh God

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

a bold "just have Russell do everything" call at the end.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

They got IU and OSU at home at the best possible times. Good wins for them, but they've got nothing for a team that can force them to shoot jump shots.

It's going to be a weakness until Kendal Stephens gets healthy

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
AJ Hammons is a pretty cool dude

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

AJ Hammons is a pretty cool dude

He gives piggyback rides after home wins

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ryan Rosburg just airballed a hook like 2 feet from the basket. The next time down the floor he heroically saved a ball going out of bounds to a Bama guy.

It's really amazing how bad he is while still being kind of important for Mizzou. Well kind of important because he's sort of big. And kind of not important at all because what matters for this team this year anyway?

e: After a time out he hit a layup. Go Ryan.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Watching ESPN 3 so the outcome could be decided by now, but Texas pretty close to losing at home against Oklahoma State.

Edit: That's loving shameful. This team was supposed to usurp KU out of the title, and they've lost four in a row.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 5, 2015

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

Watching ESPN 3 so the outcome could be decided by now, but Texas pretty close to losing at home against Oklahoma State.

Edit: That's loving shameful. This team was supposed to usurp KU out of the title, and they've lost four in a row.

rickbarnes.txt

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It's funny to go back and look at the pre-season predictions for how the Big 12 would turn out. The coaches are getting it pretty wrong, except for KU first that is.

1. Kansas (6)
2. Texas (3)
3. Oklahoma (1)
4. Kansas State
5. Iowa State
6. Baylor
West Virginia
8. Oklahoma State
9. TCU
10. Texas Tech

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Meltathon posted:

It's funny to go back and look at the pre-season predictions for how the Big 12 would turn out. The coaches are getting it pretty wrong, except for KU first that is.

1. Kansas (6)
2. Texas (3)
3. Oklahoma (1)
4. Kansas State
5. Iowa State
6. Baylor
West Virginia
8. Oklahoma State
9. TCU
10. Texas Tech

Baylor bitch. Theyll still end up in the middle of the pack but theyll make the ncaa for the second year in a row for the first time in history and i think theyve fixed some of their major problems so might be able to do a deep tourney run now where before i thought theyd just win one. Depends on the next few games though, texas is looking worse so theyre not a good team to measure against

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Grittybeard posted:

Ryan Rosburg just airballed a hook like 2 feet from the basket. The next time down the floor he heroically saved a ball going out of bounds to a Bama guy.

It's really amazing how bad he is while still being kind of important for Mizzou. Well kind of important because he's sort of big. And kind of not important at all because what matters for this team this year anyway?

e: After a time out he hit a layup. Go Ryan.
Our starting point guard is a career 6% three point shooter.

Six percent.

He took a wide open, perfectly set attempt yesterday and missed the rim by three feet.

In conference play this season, he is 25/26 from the free throw line. 96%

How does he exist?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Come on Iowa, don't gently caress up.

I swear to god Fran, you better not stop taking advantage of this height advantage. I'm sick of Iowa doing things successfully and then not doing those things anymore.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 6, 2015

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses

kiimo posted:

No, I mean like, there's no exclusive Big-12 group. There are some guys who do a lot of (okay mostly) Big 12 games but in general there's this belief out there that there is a group of officials that are employed by and exclusive to the Big 12.

and they protect Kansas

Are you certain of this?

There may not be guys who are assigned to only do Big 12 games and nothing else but I feel like it's the same group of guys doing most of the games, from radio broadcasts, box scores with the refs listed, things of that nature.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If a dude who looks like Aaron White blocks a shot he should be allowed to talk as much poo poo as possible, gently caress off, refs.

e: ball don't lie, bitch

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
So after a weak tech for staring at a guy after blocking his shot, now White gets ejected after he gets another tech for hanging on the rim for half a loving second. That is the most bullshit ejection of all time. gently caress off, refs.

e: oh good he's not ejected. Still horseshit though

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

That was a ridiculous series of events, gently caress these stupid refs.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That was a bullshit call but Michigan still got stomped on their nuts at home, good work Hawkeyes

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Santa Clara is ahead of Gonzaga in the second half... I hate being an adult, I'm going to have to go to bed before this game is over...

edit: All I missed was the expected Gonzaga comeback.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Feb 6, 2015

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Benne posted:

That was a bullshit call but Michigan still got stomped on their nuts at home, good work Hawkeyes

Congrats on beating the Z squad in regulation, you're better than MSU at least.

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 6, 2015

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ross posted:

Are you certain of this?

There may not be guys who are assigned to only do Big 12 games and nothing else but I feel like it's the same group of guys doing most of the games, from radio broadcasts, box scores with the refs listed, things of that nature.

The first part is what he was getting at: that there isn't just a group that exist only to do <conference> games like in football.

So far, there are 13 referees who have done at least five Big 12 games. Meanwhile, everyone's favorite referee Ted Valentine has worked in 8 different conferences this season (for conference games, anyway; that list doesn't include non-conference to try to avoid the double counting that would happen I imagine). Fun fact: In TV's 61 games worked this season, his crews are averaging the least fouls called in college basketball right now at 31.7 per game.

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Feb 6, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Regnevelc posted:

Congrats on beating the Z squad in regulation, you're better than MSU at least.

haha don't be a baby about it

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

haha don't be a baby about it

nah, that's my go to right now.

If you lose, then lol you lost to Michigan's Z-team. If you won, well good job beating their Z-team.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
that's being a baby though

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ross posted:

Are you certain of this?

A few years ago when debating someone I looked up every single official and found some site that shows all the games they reffed and not one of them was exclusive to a conference but most of them were exclusive to a proximity which makes me think they tend to stick around the general area where they live, which would make sense.

edit: what chaoslord said.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 6, 2015

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Brown drat near beat Harvard, but couldn't finish and lost in OT. Too bad, as that would have put Yale 2 games ahead of the Crimson. Tomorrow is a big one - Harvard at Yale.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Regnevelc posted:

If you lose, then lol you lost to Michigan's Z-team. If you won, well good job beating their Z-team.

this year is pretty much scrapped for you guys, isn't it? sorry man, i know the feeling, we had ronnie fuckin' johnson running the point for the last two years >.<

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
gently caress baylor and their sanctimonious rear end in a top hat coach, that is all

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

goldboilermark posted:

this year is pretty much scrapped for you guys, isn't it? sorry man, i know the feeling, we had ronnie fuckin' johnson running the point for the last two years >.<

Yeah.

LeVert done for the year, Walton probably done for the year.

Granted, we were at full strength when we lost to NJIT and EMU, but this crop of freshman took longer to grab the system.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Regnevelc posted:

Yeah.

LeVert done for the year, Walton probably done for the year.

Granted, we were at full strength when we lost to NJIT and EMU, but this crop of freshman took longer to grab the system.

Has John given up on anyone yet? That was one of only two of my real criticisms of him when he was here. He just straight gave up on kids if they didn't fit his mold. (Not that other coaches don't do this, I just noticed is glaringly with him.)

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Man, Dev Williams isn't 100% (he sat the OU game) and that sucks.

I am pretty sure we're going to lose this game.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
gently caress a Red Raider. Like, for real. God bless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

gently caress baylor and their sanctimonious rear end in a top hat coach, that is all

Down.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am pretty sure we're going to lose this game.

Down.

• Locked thread