Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If a dude who looks like Aaron White blocks a shot he should be allowed to talk as much poo poo as possible, gently caress off, refs.

e: ball don't lie, bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
So after a weak tech for staring at a guy after blocking his shot, now White gets ejected after he gets another tech for hanging on the rim for half a loving second. That is the most bullshit ejection of all time. gently caress off, refs.

e: oh good he's not ejected. Still horseshit though

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Regnevelc posted:

Congrats on beating the Z squad in regulation, you're better than MSU at least.

haha don't be a baby about it

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
that's being a baby though

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Woop Hawks. Tourney resume is looking pretty nice. Wins over Maryland, twice over OSU, and at UNC. And the only bad losses are Purdue and Syracuse which aren't completely embarassing or anything. As long as they don't collapse like last year (which they totally could but they have a super easy remaining schedule after having by far the hardest conference schedule in the first half of the season)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ross posted:

Iowa's one of those teams where it seems like if they play to their potential they could be in the game against anyone who's not Kentucky, but they rarely do it.

I like Fran but he kind of reminds me of Greg McDermott :barf: at ISU, decent coach in terms of Xs and Os (though Fran's substitution patterns baffle me at times) but not sure he can recruit the talent to Iowa needed to compete at the top of this league.

He's recruiting better lately (not elite good but fine for Iowa) and is pretty good at finding under the radar guys like White, and he's pretty good at developing the talent he gets. I hate him as an in game coach but he's decent as a program builder. I really wish he'd recruit some dudes who can shoot though. It's really hard to overstate just how awful the situation he inherited was. We were like the worst major conference team and the only talent was Gatens and an ultra raw Dev Marble.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Admittedly Purdue is dying garbage program but they keep winning so it's not like losing to njit or something.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

goldboilermark posted:

it's just weird to describe a bad loss as a team that is ahead of you in the standings

Iowa had the hardest first half schedule in the conference by a bunch.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't mean bad loss in the way that North Florida was a bad loss. We don't have any of those. Those were just the two we lost to clearly inferior teams who will probably miss the tournament that we should have beaten.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

gently caress a Sooner. God bless.

do you literally do this before every game

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
this game is silly man

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
oh poo poo lon kruger is still alive

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Meltathon posted:

I love ISU's offense, but they desperately need to shoot free throws and make rebounds better.

They're badly undersized so the rebounding isn't a surprise but it is really weird how lovely they are at free throws given how almost everyone on the team can shoot.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Wanna see Hoiberg get T'd up, that'd be the most adorable technical foul in history.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

OctoberBlues posted:

That one he got last year for walking onto the court for a tv timeout was pretty hilarious.

just imagine him stomping around all angry and throwing things like fran

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
This no free throw thing is very weird as someone in year 4 of watching Aaron White and his getting whacked upside the head based offense.

e: and so are three pointers

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Feb 10, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
ISU is panicking hard. They've been out of control for practically the whole half and OU is just picking them apart. It's impressive.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
KU is literally never ever going to lose this conference, I hope y'all have come to terms with that.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Probably Magic posted:

The prime occasion was last year, because they had two insanely legit players which of course sets up the reverse expectations, but they managed to power through it.

So... not for another few years, until some inevitable sanctions hit somehow.

On the plus side more time for them to reach their destiny as the first 1 seed to lose to a 16.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I dunno that switching to the Grinnell offense and letting them get a dunk every time is gonna work.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
They play like two guys who are taller than 6'8" so yeah. They still have one of the best offenses in the country because they always have a ton of shooters on the floor, so I'd say the good probably mostly outweighs the bad.

It does make it even more frustrating that Iowa was so awful against them, because that should play towards our strengths (size and rebounding), but y'all just couldn't loving miss in that game.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am watching the sport of basketball being set back a few decades, as WVU leads Kansas 27-15 in women's basketball.

Better than Northwestern men's basketball though.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Probably Magic posted:

I hope Iowa loses in the first round.

I'm excited as long as they make the real first round and not the dumb play in game tbh. Progress!

Also on some karmic level they probably deserve to lose in the first round forever after unfairly running off a guy who literally never did it in Dr. Tom.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa and Minnesota having a Big Ten as gently caress basketball game up in hurr. Iowa went 9 minutes without scoring and only trails by two baskets.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It's really rad that we're going to do this again.

Fran did an incredibly job rebuilding the program but god he's a bad in game coach and this collapsing at the end of the season poo poo is getting old. He doesn't even have the excuse of the conference being insanely loaded this year. It's completely average and we had the easiest stretch schedule possible and we're still going to collapse.

Iowa basketball died in 1999.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 15, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm glad that Northwestern managed to beat Iowa in a painful sporting event this year.

Eh, realistically if it wasn't you it would have been Rutgers or some poo poo. I was pretty sure this was where it was headed when we got smacked by Minnesota.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Rutgers is real bad

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

OctoberBlues posted:

Drake is kicking the poo poo out of Missouri State, 35-14 at halftime. What a nice surprise.

Iowa beating the holy gently caress out a lovely team for the second game in a row is nice too

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think the probably wildly overachieved last year

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Real Name Grover posted:

Well no poo poo but forgive me if being down 25 at home to Iowa with 11 to go in the game is just a tad beyond the pale.

I guess. Theyre having a worse than normal game but Iowa is a decent team and a lot better. Iowa is shooting better than they usually do but thy beat Nebraska soundly in the first game too

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The MVC hype man ESPN has doing color for the UNI/Fighting Wheat Bees game is really really annoying.

E: he literally just said "there's some home cooking for Baker". Get it???????? Because Baker is both a profession that cooks things and that young man's last name

E2: Fred VanVleet is like mid-major Aaron Craft when it comes to the ratio of praise to production. He's been called "the consummate point guard" roughly 75 times and it's only the first TV timeout

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 28, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I feel really bad for Portis.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lmao

Rush the court again and trample Hoiberg.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DornerHorse posted:

He'd still look better than your entire team

He looks better than a couple gingers, Frankenstein's monster, and a literal human/ferret hybrid. High praise.

Gabe Olaseni and Anthony Clemmons are both handsome dudes though, real talk.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 1, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

OctoberBlues posted:

Iowa teams went 4-0 last weekend, might go 0-4 this weekend.

the gently caress is this lineup doing in the game so early

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

OctoberBlues posted:

I have already accepted this as a loss, will make it hurt less later.

did uthoff get stuck in his wheel and die?

e: laffo we actually are gonna lose

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

OctoberBlues posted:

Penn State is just going to go ahead and make every single 3 they attempt.

My super power is knowing when I should just turn off an Iowa game because they don't have it and watching will make me mad, so I'm out.

Oh, dope, that movie where Liam Neeson punches people on an airplane is on HBO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

OctoberBlues posted:

Good job Iowa, four in a row. MorningView probably still made the right choice in watching HBO...

bro the airplane dove and my boy nesson grabbed a gun that popped up into the air and shot a terrorist right in the dang face it was baller as heck

First four game winning streak since 2006 lol

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 1, 2015

• Locked thread