Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Grittybeard posted:

Ryan Rosburg just airballed a hook like 2 feet from the basket. The next time down the floor he heroically saved a ball going out of bounds to a Bama guy.

It's really amazing how bad he is while still being kind of important for Mizzou. Well kind of important because he's sort of big. And kind of not important at all because what matters for this team this year anyway?

e: After a time out he hit a layup. Go Ryan.
Our starting point guard is a career 6% three point shooter.

Six percent.

He took a wide open, perfectly set attempt yesterday and missed the rim by three feet.

In conference play this season, he is 25/26 from the free throw line. 96%

How does he exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

I finally saw that technical at the end of the Illinois/MSU game.

Those guys should never be permitted to ref another game at any level.

They called a dead ball technical for blocking out on the front end of a one and one. Literally. This wasn't a snap call, this was made after video review.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Jastiger posted:

I'm guessing it was on the guy bumping the dude at the free throw?
Yes.

Dead ball.

Technical.

After several minutes of review.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Jastiger posted:

Dang. Well, isn't it technically a dead ball once the shot is made? Is that the argument they're using?
Yes, except the ball was still in the air when he blocked out (another angle they had available confirmed it)

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

That was the worst loving travel call I've ever seen

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

I'd believe it if the ref is so bad he legit didn't see the dude dribble.

The guy who called the travel was like 40 feet away

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Florida missed a lot of good looks from three late, in addition to the free throws.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

goldboilermark posted:

yeah i didn't realize that, i looked it up and they've got a good thing going forward. i do think calling purdue a bad loss when they should finish 11-7 in the big10 at worst is kinda ridiculous but i guess RPI and all that nonsense show a different story.

if purdue finish 11-7 it would be historically unprecedented for a big10 team to not make the tournament. if they win a game or two in the btt, i can't see how they aren't in. losing to teams that are on the bubble or may make the tournament doesn't seem like a bad loss in my book, but i imagine mv was fishing when he said it, hence my "lol"
The committee seems to use RPI, so it makes sense to use RPI here.

But, Purdue isn't anywhere near being a "bad" loss (I think the column they have is RPI 100+ record/losses).

That said, say you get to 11-7 by beating rutgers twice, and nebraska and illinois at home. I will assume Kansas St drops into bad loss territory as well, because Bruce Weber was a sleeper agent dispatched by Gene Keady to slowly destroy the Illinois basketball program. You would have zero top 50 wins away from home (maybe only 3-4 top 50 wins, period) and three bad losses (one being downright putrid). That is not a stellar resume. I think you'd need some BTT help.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Poor Bruce Weber. Down 35-15 at half to TCU.

Will life ever cut him a break?

Best 13-13 team in the country indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

chaoslord posted:

But there's no way Gonzaga is actually the third best team in the country right? This is like the fourth time I've seen them play and they have struggled against bad teams and found a way to win every time. Really feel like the Florida State of Basketball to my admittedly untrained eye.
Nope. They're probably somewhere in the top 8 though. 4-1 against the RPI top 50, and 4-0 against the next 50.

• Locked thread