Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I turned the game off because gently caress this noise. Goddamn Big XII officials are terrible.

There is no such thing as Big 12 officials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No, I mean like, there's no exclusive Big-12 group. There are some guys who do a lot of (okay mostly) Big 12 games but in general there's this belief out there that there is a group of officials that are employed by and exclusive to the Big 12.

and they protect Kansas

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

Watching ESPN 3 so the outcome could be decided by now, but Texas pretty close to losing at home against Oklahoma State.

Edit: That's loving shameful. This team was supposed to usurp KU out of the title, and they've lost four in a row.

rickbarnes.txt

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ross posted:

Are you certain of this?

There may not be guys who are assigned to only do Big 12 games and nothing else but I feel like it's the same group of guys doing most of the games, from radio broadcasts, box scores with the refs listed, things of that nature.

A few years ago when debating someone I looked up every single official and found some site that shows all the games they reffed and not one of them was exclusive to a conference but most of them were exclusive to a proximity which makes me think they tend to stick around the general area where they live, which would make sense.

edit: what chaoslord said.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 6, 2015

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Announcers in this Baylor WVU game won't stop talking about Kansas. That has to be annoying as a WVU fan.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LMAO I can admit that charge call was probably BS.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Brannen Greene will play in the NBA.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LMAO these NBA announcers are terrible in the KU OSU game. I hate Van Gundy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What a gut-punch loss.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

I hope Iowa loses in the first round.

Also, I hate this team. Seldan and Mason are cool, though. And Green.

Selden is turning into a real player. Also I love this team. It's different than anything we've had under Self, the best three point shooting team since I don't know when.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's better to be a great recruiter than a great coach at K-State. If you are a good coach and a bad recruiter like Weber you're never going to get the guys you need.

Because

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

K-State shot 56.8% and lost.

:psyduck:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hey Perry: dunks. They're pretty high-percentage.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

None of it matters if Perry could learn how to dunk.

but that was a blatant walk I mean, even for the NBA.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Missing a hook and missing a four-step walk are different things, that should be obvious. Plus who is crying? KU fans are upset by a number of things but officials aren't in the top 3 from my experience yesterday and today.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You forgot save a horse.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kidd-Liggit posted:

He's an energy guy that can dunk, block shots, and is a surprisingly good passer(best passing big imo)

Plus he's just a funny dude

He's pretty great unless you're obligated to dislike him, like me.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is it really a rivalry if one team in the rivalry rushes the court every time they win?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well Self is going ape poo poo about it.

https://vine.co/v/OQP9LpziABU

https://twitter.com/AndyJ0seph/status/570076024160980992

kiimo fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 24, 2015

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I like it when it's warranted, hate it when it is stupid and diminishes the awesomeness of others doing it when it is deserved.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hoping to see a dominating performance against Texas today. Don't stop Barnesing now, Rick.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This KU Texas games is a freaking balls to the wall battle.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

KU finally showing up

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Does a jump reset the shot clock?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There is no such thing as Big 12 refs in basketball for the millionth time.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Spiritus Nox posted:

N: UGGGGGH KU ISNT EVEN THAT GOOD

V: UGGGGGH KU ISNT EVEN THAT GOOD

Good thing nobody in the Big 12 really is.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Spiritus Nox posted:

KU's the only one on the way to its 11th loving consecutive title though and goddamn that's so loving boring

Speak for yourself.

:cheers: :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Spiritus Nox posted:

Need a middle finger smiley

I'll just imagine one.

It's Miller Time.

• Locked thread