Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many dogs should you have?
I am a cruel heartless monster that is unable to love or be loved, zero dogs
1 Dog
2 Dog
3 Dogs
4 or more Dogs
View Results

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
I think there is some controversy on this, for about 7 years I had 1 dog, it didn't seem like enough dogs but condo rules are condo rules. New rules said I could have two so I acquired a second dog, 2 seems like a good number of dogs but my boss and mother have 3 dogs, I know of people that even have 4 dogs. 3 or 4 dogs seems like a burdensome number of dogs but maybe you think that is the right number of dogs.

What is the number of dogs a person should have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
MY CONDO!!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Depends, are they chihuahuas or great danes?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

enraged_camel posted:

Depends, are they chihuahuas or great danes?

You can mix and match dogs, my mother has a teacup yorkie, a miniature yorkie and a lab/pitbull mix that is both the world's largest lapdog that allows the teacup yorkie to gnaw on his ears and also has professional protection training that will rip your throat out if you try and hurt my mom.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 3, 2015

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
zero is right. dogs are glorified slaves. cats are the true friend of mankind in taking care of rodents while only asking for petting in return

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015
2 dogs are the best dogs.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

all the dogs

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
Any 4 of (Dogs/Cats/Children) Max.

Edit: Maximum 3 of any one species though.

Serak fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Feb 3, 2015

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

lemme just fill my house with drooling morons that jump at the chance to eat they own poo poo

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

david... posted:

lemme just fill my house with drooling morons that jump at the chance to eat they own poo poo

maybe you should toilet train your children better then

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
eleven big dogs

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
3 is the maximum number of any one type of animal you can have before it starts to get weird. The only exception is fish or other aquarium animals that are basically more decoration than pet or if you live on a farm

The 3 number also applies to children

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

you ever think your dog's wolf brain dreams of like, being a proper wolf, running with a pack, being a free unstoppable apex predator with nothing but power and majesty

and then it wakes up and realises that it's been inbred to the point where its basically a useless toy, trapped in a functionless body and forced to entertain you, and wishes for death but can't quite remember how to do it because its been all hosed up

i wonder thats why so many pets run out in front of cars

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Two dogs that get along is the perfect dog situation. You probably don't want two large dogs but a large and a med/small is good.

I am very suspicious of people who don't like dogs. I like cats as well I ain't specist but you only need one cat imho.

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
2 newfies

nothing rhymes with this

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
0, I am a Godless cat person, alone and miserable, snorting lines of dander to try and feel anything, anything at all.

Seconding the 3-of-anything rule though. Had four cats at one point. That was DEFINITELY one too many. Bad scene.

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp
3 ain't bad but more is above a B+

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Cats are loving stupid animals. Having them as pets makes you fuckin stupid too.

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp
1 is for idiots that want to 'add to the family'
2 is for morons oooo you wanted a friend for your dog didn't you, predictable mindless piece of poo poo
3 is for DECENT CARING PERSON that understands the bond between animal and human
4 is for TRUE VIRTUOUS honorable man or woman who had made their existence more meaningful

and so on

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
i am a cat

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
I got 3 and let me tell you my balls are squeaky clean

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
Ideal Number of Dogs:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Sometimes I wake up in the morning and think to myself "does Three Olives actually have a condo or was that all just a dream" then I head straight to the forums and welp here I am

1 dog is enough in my opinion if you're just 1 person living the single life

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
two dogs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkzgX7lCpH0

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I have one dog but I'd like to get one more, which I plan to do once I move out of this studio. My dog has really bad anxiety from being abandoned in the past so I think another dog is perfect for when I'm not home. They're social creatures anyway, more dogs always good.

Doctor J Off posted:

zero is right. dogs are glorified slaves. cats are the true friend of mankind in taking care of rodents while only asking for petting in return

You are confusing "asking" with "telling"

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

old dog child posted:

You are confusing "asking" with "telling"

no your wrong because my cat is

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
cats are way superior to dogs. i say this of my own free will and not because of the millions of cat poo poo brain parasites currently tunneling through my neurons

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
69 or 420, dealer's choice

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
Do you like cats? Well, you're an idiot, because it's not reciprocated.

chaosbreather posted:

you ever think your dog's wolf brain dreams of like, being a proper wolf, running with a pack, being a free unstoppable apex predator with nothing but power and majesty

and then it wakes up and realises that it's been inbred to the point where its basically a useless toy, trapped in a functionless body and forced to entertain you, and wishes for death but can't quite remember how to do it because its been all hosed up

i wonder thats why so many pets run out in front of cars

No, because I get real dogs. Big dogs. And take them through long walks unleashed through the forest.

Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary
Zero. Mammals make the worst pets.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Galactic posted:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

a single german shephard or like 5-6 weiner dogs

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Galactic posted:

Owning people needs to become vogue again

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

heaven

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Galactic posted:

vyst posted:

Owning people needs to become vogue again

you know we're also mammals right...?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

wrong, this is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k9I30eqLkU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

thathonkey posted:

you know we're also mammals right...?

Yea and people make awesome pets.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

hm, yet another doobie's bait-and-switch thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe
at least as many as the Bumpuses

• Locked thread