Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zezc2IEnU8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i dont know if i get what "fast casual" is. is it just one of those fast food restaurant sthat where you pay more becasue because the condiments dont come in packets?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
As an atheist, i do not give one flying gently caress if people pray in public

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Muerte posted:

Just say Taco Bell, there is no other Mexican drive through unless you live in Mexico.

There's a drive through chain owned and operated entirely by Mexicans in my city that's open 24/7 and has fuckin' awesome food. It's incredible. Also probably a big drug front but whatever

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk
missed your chance to say "it's chipotle, not chipot-pray" shameful op

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
You're supposed to pray before every meal, OP.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Kyrie eleison posted:

says who?

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Kyrie eleison posted:

Pray to god by double fisting crunch wraps supreme into your gently caress face at the same time.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
seen it happen at Whataburger but i couldn't say it seemed out of place

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

.lnk to the past posted:

missed your chance to say "it's chipotle, not chipot-pray" shameful op

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

maybe they were praying they dont get the shits

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

put them jesus beats in..

.. and ride

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

TOOT BOOT posted:

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I was taken to a Chipotle in 2007. Never really felt like going back. It's nice that they found their niche with the "less depressing fast food place to take your lunch break" crowd. Am I missing out? Have they improved?

Also I'm surprised it took this long for a "praying for safety" joke

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

what is it like chips iin a bottle

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
I was tucking into a nice baloney sandwich at my new babysitters house and her mildly retarded son got real mad and said "WE PRAY BEFORE WE EAT". Needless to say I'm a rational atheist to this very day...

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

I was taken to a Chipotle in 2007. Never really felt like going back. It's nice that they found their niche with the "less depressing fast food place to take your lunch break" crowd. Am I missing out? Have they improved?

Also I'm surprised it took this long for a "praying for safety" joke
Nah, that's their niche--just widely available even in buttfuck-iowa, clean and quick. I ended up going out to one last week after not having been to one for 2 years because my only other option nearby was KFC.

But I think they've gotten more expensive and their portions have gone way down since 2007 which was about the last time I had them semi-often. I remember them being pretty huge back in college, but now they're about the same size as my fist and more expensive. usually you can get a burrito the size of your forearm for about the same price from almost any other place so it's not worth going back provided theres other options.

anyways, if you want to see family praying and religious people over "mexican" food, go to a Cafe Rio. holy poo poo that place is like an even whiter version of chipotle

Xaris fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Feb 3, 2015

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Xaris posted:

their portions have gone way down
this is why i smuggle in an extra 2 pounds of rice to fill out my burrito

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The best feeling is when a group sits down to eat and someone says "Let's say grace.", quickly followed by everyone else saying "Nope!" and immediately tearing into their food.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
We evolved great intelligence relative to the rest of the animal kingdom. So we would come to reflect upon our own mortality and question what the point of it all really was.

What was the greater purpose of life and what happened after death? How did it all come to be? When we could find no answers to these difficult questions we despaired... and as an answer to this despair we came up with gods and religion. They became the answers we sought after and we would seek comfort knowing that there would be something beyond death, a continuation... We chose to believe that these godly beings had grand designs and plans for us all, a greater purpose for the world and for life itself - they became a substitute for everything we could not understand.

God and the afterlife is a psychological defense against the dire realization that life is pointless and that death is the permanent destruction of your self, that existance is limited and that we're all going to disappear eventually

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Fun fact: all Qdoba restaurants are built facing Mecca making it easier for you to do your daily prayers.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
god is the fountain of all life. yes, even burritoes.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
im an atheist but ill pray for some fuckin burritos man

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

Muerte posted:

That is where you are wrong.

you know, it makes it really inconvenient for me to lecture religious people about their faith's tendency for social intolerance when there are douche-nozzle atheists acting equally as intolerant coming from the opposite direction

edit: lol evidently i hit a nerve, sweet job probating me for the exact length of time I was at work, btw

ninotoreS fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 4, 2015

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
atheists are like the man who has a bad ear and cant hear music, who says that music does not exist. very gay

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
whose rereg are you OP?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Muerte posted:

Who the hell prays for a fast food meal? I just sat and stared at them as they did it, I hope they feel ashamed. I also threw out half my burrito and told a homeless guy I had no money as I walked out.

i get the feeling you're not really on board with shaming these people

they should for real be shamed and i say that 100% without irony

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

plain blue jacket posted:

they were praying that they wouldn't get the shits from their fast casual food OP

TOOT BOOT posted:

I appreciate the likeness in our thinking.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
As an Atheist, I pray every day for the death of all religions and the dawn of enlightenment.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i have certain resentments towards women my age, as an atheist

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.
If you ask me this family has massive balls for doing something very uncool and ritualistic in public.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Chris Awful posted:

If you ask me this family has massive balls for doing something very uncool and ritualistic in public.

gross

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i think that's really cool and more people should do it. as an atheist, i think religion is super neat and i wish more people took faith as seriously as those people clearly do. sometimes i pray before meals even though i don't believe in god, because it's a decent and non-douchey thing to do. try living in the real world with the rest of us, OP, you might find you enjoy it :)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I bet atleast one of them complained about not getting enough cheese.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I bet atleast one of them complained about not getting enough cheese.

Maybe he was praying to Cheesus Christ?

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
in high school I had a friend who would pray before he ate anything, I once saw him pray before eating a bag of chips. It was really weird.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hallelujah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Should have drawn an inverted cross on your forehead with guacamole, rolled your eyes back into your head, raised your arms, and began chanting loudly in latin before finishing your burrito op.

• Locked thread