Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestonJew posted:

I
LOVE
DR. PEPPER

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Homemade ginger beer.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

Good thing sodas are a sometimes drink and not meant for everyday consumption. I've always wanted to get one of those old fashioned sodas like they used to make in pharmacies back in the middle of the twentieth century, I wonder how far out of civilization I need to go to find a lovely little village with a real soda jerk.

When I lived in San Diego we'd take trips up to Julian during apple season; there is (or was, maybe it's gone; I haven't been there in like 10 years) an old-timey corner drugstore with an honest-to-god soda counter that still served phosphates.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I will have a dr pepper every once in a blue moon from places that carry pepsi only. Its ok but yeah definitely not something id want more than a few times a year

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Vargs posted:

tried some big red soda awhile back (flavored after the gum) and it was astonishingly bad. couldnt take more than a couple sips

You fuckin dummy. Big Red is cream soda. Big Red Gum is a cinnamon gum and has nothing to do with it. Some one has probably corrected you by now but I want to do it again.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

a bone to pick posted:

I can't believe no one likes Dr Pepper, you are not men

wrong dr pepper is the poo poo

the taste is also way different between cans and bottles and I actually prefer it canned

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
I loved Fanta Red Cream soda as a kid but can't find it anywhere now. Big Red doesn't seem to be an exact match, but it's been so long since I had the Fanta variety maybe I'm just misremembering.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Dyna Soar posted:

7 up + seagrams 7, dude

sprite works with whiskey in general. sprite and a lil jim beam tastes real good.
who the gently caress are you people making whiskey sodas

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

The Cubelodyte posted:

I loved Fanta Red Cream soda as a kid but can't find it anywhere now. Big Red doesn't seem to be an exact match, but it's been so long since I had the Fanta variety maybe I'm just misremembering.

Barq's (the root beer brand now owned by Coke) makes an awesome red cream soda but you can only find it close to Louisiana.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Cream soda

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
no one said al81 so ur all wrong

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

The Mad Archivist posted:

wrong dr pepper is the poo poo

the taste is also way different between cans and bottles and I actually prefer it canned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3_lVSrPB6w

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

bottle of fruit juice that I left out and forgot about which turned into soda.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

this is the only good soda in 2015

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Hate to sound pretentious but there's this soda made and bottled in New York called Boylans that uses pure cane sugar that is loving incredible. Only place I've seen it is in NYC, this Italian restaurant in town, and at Trader Joe's.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 3, 2015

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.

Santheb posted:

Hate to sound pretentious but there's this soda made and bottled in New York called Boylans that uses pure cane sugar that is loving incredible. Only place ivr seen it is in NYC, this Italian restaurant in town, and at Trader Joe's.

The grocery store I go to here in Wisconsin sells that stuff, but then that place sells everything. Haven't had it because we have this here, and you can get a four pack of fatass bottles for $3.50 half the time.

Their cream soda and orange cream are good too.

Edit: Dr. Pepper owns as brand name sodas go and I am sad that Dublin Dr. Pepper seems to not exist anymore before I got to try it.

Olive Mohel fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 3, 2015

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPvyq_KmXhc

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Santheb posted:

Hate to sound pretentious but there's this soda made and bottled in New York called Boylans that uses pure cane sugar that is loving incredible. Only place I've seen it is in NYC, this Italian restaurant in town, and at Trader Joe's.

They also have it at Hill Country Chicken on 25th and Broadway.

My vote goes to Irn Bru.

It's like crack.

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES
coffee

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Misogynist posted:

who the gently caress are you people making whiskey sodas

sometimes i feel like a drink, sometimes i feel like whiskey straight, sometimes i feel like a beer.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I like coke from a fountain and pepsi from a can.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

vanilla coke zero is the best of three worlds, and i pray to god every week that i can find a 12 pack of it on my grocery trip

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Zzulu posted:

he dead within 10 years, just like that other fat gamer guy
I regularly have patients upwards of 400 lbs. These people live for-loving-ever.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

BKPR posted:

vanilla coke zero is the best of three worlds, and i pray to god every week that i can find a 12 pack of it on my grocery trip

light and zero soda is nasty as gently caress don't drink it

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Coke Zero and Dr Pepper 10 taste surprisingly close to the full sugar version. I think that is nice. :)

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
jones strawberry lime is extra good just had that the other day

red cream soda is somehow way better than regular colored cream soda

cucumber soda is the best, also had rhubarb soda and it was p good

soda thoughts

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
best soda is actually carbonated water mixed with home made juice, no artificial nothing

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

SableDoux posted:

I heard this was good.

it tastes a lot like pepsi really, sweeter than coke

at least thats how I remember it

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
The local vietnamese place I get food at still has santa cans of coke.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Gnarly Hotep Cola.

:smug:

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
Ginger beer is the best soda and the best beer. And if you add rum you get a dark and stormy which is even better.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Wrageowrapper posted:

Ginger beer is the best soda and the best beer

it is a great soda but the best beer what are you a child

Alvie
May 22, 2008

It's Virgil's.

Specifically the Orange Cream Soda. I've never tried Dr. Better but now that I know it exists, I want to.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

dr. pepper is the greatest when u need to poo poo violently

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

spud posted:

Dandelion and Burdock.

my man

also cream soda and ginger ale

root bear honorable mention

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Feranon posted:

dr. pepper is the greatest when u need to poo poo violently

goon stomach syndrome

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Moxie.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Is Stewart's too mainstream for you douches? Because Stewarts key lime soda is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Santheb posted:

I think Powell's has it in California/Idaho/Oregon. I used to work in a hotel that sold it and the cream soda was loving baller
Usually I'm a Sierra Mist guy though, caffeine and I don't work well together

• Locked thread