Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Gator. Fresh out of the back pond of a friend's house. I also convinced him to not go and kill it himself, rather calling a professional with a CITES tag take care of the job. We butchered and cooked it ourselves.

Fried fresh it's an interesting nugget of meat, a little chewy and not unpleasant. Slice AGAINST the grain of the muscle, it can also be a little fibrous. It's best stewed in a gumbo though, all the gelatinous stuff renders out into the stew very nicely, and the meat is deliciously dark and toothsome without being tough or gamey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

I'm about to try cooking some camel, any pointers on what to do with it?
(Will report back if it's good/bad/weird)

I actually heard it's like goat. This, however, is not first hand information. I'd probably cube and stew it.

Oh man. Great Dumb idea. Crock pot pulled camel. Get me a Costco of Sweet Baby Rays.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Humboldt Squid posted:

Orinoco Crocodile, which is now endangered (my grandfather would make me milkshakes with crocodile meat FOR STRENGTH when I was a toddler in Venezuela) but I don't remember it obviously.

Holy poo poo. You know there are probably less then a thousand Orinoco Crocodiles left in the world, right? That is super-duper endangered. And they've been protected since the 70s? (Not very well protected...) Dang. What a shame.

Eat speckled caiman. Those guys are everywhere. Probably do better in a smoothie as well.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Humboldt Squid posted:

Yeah, I know :( The story I was told was that it was Orinoco crocodile, but there's a good chance it was C.Actus (American crocodile) based on geography instead thankfully.

Depends on when it was. American crocs were also super rare and endangered, but bouncing back now.

Eat sustainable legally sourced gator and croc. It is delicious. Cant attest to how they are in smoothies though.

• Locked thread