Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

The tournament at Al Lang should be fun, I'll be there with a buddy on the 20th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

San Francisco Deltas? One of the banished fraternities from the movie Animal House? A group of Game enthusiasts who will be constantly bullied by San Francisco Alphas and Betas?

quote:

NASL San Francisco Group Unveils Name: San Francisco Deltas

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/nasl-san-francisco-group-unveils-name-san-francisco-deltas-44292/

by JAKE NUTTING

While the NASL has yet to make an official announcement that it has approved expansion to San Francisco, the group spearheading the effort has continued its strategy of rolling out the club’s identity online.

On Sunday, subscribers to the group’s e-mail list at bayareaprosoccer.com were given the first notice of the future club’s name, San Francisco Deltas, as well as a few pieces of merchandise.

No explanation or context was given for the choice of Deltas but links were provided to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts with the same moniker. A website with the domain name sfdeltas.com also popped up.

The social media accounts provided looks at an event on the streets of San Francisco with a group of fans wearing the merchandise shown in the e-mail drumming, chanting, and holding signs.

NASL Commissioner Bill Peterson recently told EOS that an official announcement for west coast expansions would happen in the next one to two months.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Do over Ham posted:

San Francisco Deltas? One of the banished fraternities from the movie Animal House? A group of Game enthusiasts who will be constantly bullied by San Francisco Alphas and Betas?

https://twitter.com/justmamor/status/693872327851773952

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

So option two then. :stare:

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

OK, here we are...alt.nerd.obsessive.

Drawings from the St. Pete Waterfront Master Plan from back in early Spring last year or thereabouts.

New seating would be in red along the southern touch line; by my rough count this would only be good enough for maybe 14,000 or 15,000 seats; not 18,500. IMO they would need to add another tier above and behind the new seating area (in red), making for a taller southern touch line stand, to get to 18,500 or more seats. So that would go in instead of whatever that separate building is behind the stands. IMO and just guessing based on rough estimate of area square foot/number of seats ratios.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
That looks like a very short baseball outfield.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

So I don't know if you remember the nasty flooding the Midwest got around Christmas, but Saint Louis FC's (my local team, who didn't do half bad for a first-year team in USL) stadium is located close by the Meramec River, which crested at record levels.

Here's what Soccer Park looked like a few weeks ago:

While the guy that's the chairman of the team has some fairly deep pockets (he's the co-founder of World Wide Technology for you IT people, plus a fairly decent player for SLU back in the day) and insurance is helping, they're still cleaning up and doing a ton of work. If you want to help out, they've started a "Rebuild Soccer Park" fund, which you can donate to here: https://tickets.goraisedough.com/buy/slsg/soccer-park-restoration-fund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

So I don't know if you remember the nasty flooding the Midwest got around Christmas, but Saint Louis FC's (my local team, who didn't do half bad for a first-year team in USL) stadium is located close by the Meramec River, which crested at record levels.

Here's what Soccer Park looked like a few weeks ago:

While the guy that's the chairman of the team has some fairly deep pockets (he's the co-founder of World Wide Technology for you IT people, plus a fairly decent player for SLU back in the day) and insurance is helping, they're still cleaning up and doing a ton of work. If you want to help out, they've started a "Rebuild Soccer Park" fund, which you can donate to here: https://tickets.goraisedough.com/buy/slsg/soccer-park-restoration-fund

In the meantime: water polo!

Swiped from a random Facebook post somewhere:

quote:

Opening days of the 2016 season in the USA

Major League Soccer
March 6, 2016

North American Soccer League
April 2, 2016

United Soccer League
March 25, 2016

National Premier Soccer League
TBA

EDITING THIS POST SO AS NOT TO BUMP THIS THREAD UP:

I got tired of waiting for someone to create the new thread for 2016, so I created it myself: "USA/Canada lower leagues 2016: You've tried the best, now try the rest!"

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762847

Don't post here! Click on over to the new thread! :v:

Do over Ham fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Feb 3, 2016

• Locked thread