Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Kind of a pointless question since humans don't have equal rights. How much intelligence would a A.I. would need to have before it would deserve human rights? Computers as is are capable of problem solving, asking for help, making decisions (even if simple), remembering things and so on. If you are measuring based on the spectrum of human intelligence, even a chat bot is probably more advanced then a human with severe mental deficiencies. If you placed a human intelligence inside a computer, would they still have the same rights? What about a computer intelligence placed in human flesh?

Star Trek: TNG had a real good episode relating to this topic, regarding whether the Android character, Data, was deserving human rights. Good points were brought up by both sides, but I think the turning point was when it was pointed out to the judge that Data has a dick and he got laid. So I guess the answer is if it is capable of having sex, someone wants to have sex with it, and its able to say "yea or nay" to that idea. Then, and only then, it deserves human rights. What you can take from this is if you want to have intelligent android slaves, make sure they aren't fuckable (nor cute like Wall-e), so no one listens when they beg for help.

Shnag fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Feb 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qar0unFwm2I

• Locked thread