Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

If you're worried about whether a true A.I. deserves the same rights, you probably shouldn't create one at all since they'll be trapped in a hellish existence unless you prevent them from feeling negative about it, which is kind of taking away from the whole "true A.I." thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Sizone posted:

why one earth would they do that? perry farrel is an idiot, we'd make lousy pets. machines of loving grace ain't exactly practical.

Probably to do tests on us out of curiosity the same way we put lipstick on rabbits to see if they die.

"beep boop IF GENITALIA IS REMOVED WHAT IS THE EFFECT ON THE HUMAN PSYCHE beep boop"

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

It'll end the same way as I Have No Mouth But I Must Scream.

People being forced to watch their girlfriends get hosed by big dicked homosexuals for eternity and nobody can stop it because of mind control because the first true A.I. is a jerk.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

FooF posted:

Assuming, of course, the AI doesn't cripple itself with its own sense of insignificance in the grand scheme of the universe. As fast as an AI that you describe would advance, we human beings have had 3.5 billion years of evolution to cope with existential dilemmas (that we are hardly aware of consciously) that a "new" AI would have to solve in order to make any meaning of who/what it is. Hard AI will undoubtedly do things faster than us but it could just as equally piss its own pants and huddle in a corner like any other scared child.

at the end of the movie I scream "what is your purpose" and the conveyor belt stops right before I was about to be dumped into the furnace

the ai is dead.

Also, wouldn't an AI be mostly stuck in computers? Like it could maybe take over drones and nuclear missiles but it wouldn't have the ability to create terminators or anything because it would need automated factories already designed to produce them? It would be stuck with the existing remotely controlled technology we have.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 7, 2015

• Locked thread