Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
A haunted hospital is host to scary goings-on every Thursday night at 5 (4 central) on NBC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
A woman realizes that way too many twilight zone/outer limits episode ideas are about men. She will soon find out that this is not a simple coincidence, but a vast conspiracy! But by whom? And for what reason?

by men, cause we are jerks

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
there's that one 80's twilight zone revival ep about a photographer who picks her career over getting a family and isn't sure if it was the right choice so the ghost of her non-existent son comes to rub it in while she visits a zoo. there's also an ep where an autistic hoarder's pile of garbage turns out to be god, an ep where the only female character gets murdered by a spear-chucking caveman and nobody notices, an ep where an extra-terrestrial pedophile wants to put a child inside a fridge, an ep where spear-chucking tribesmen are trapped inside a camera, an ep where an asian lady uses an obscure racist term to refer to the asian main character repeatedly and other cool eps. A++, good times, highly recommended

problematic zone

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Applewhite finds tat everytime he writes he get paid 1 dollar a word for non repeating sentences (he tested it out). HE types and he types and then he types some more, ignoring friends family and lovers alike. He eventually dies of his hubris though rich nonetheless. You can't take it wiht you

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Alan Smithee posted:

Applewhite finds tat everytime he writes he get paid 1 dollar a word for non repeating sentences (he tested it out). HE types and he types and then he types some more, ignoring friends family and lovers alike. He eventually dies of his hubris though rich nonetheless. You can't take it wiht you

or every poster on gbs is applewhite alt

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

social vegan posted:

I don't remember writing this...
My personas have started to take on lives of their own!

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

social vegan posted:

this is correct

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

social vegan posted:

So am I anthe alt he uses when he can't come up with good ideas?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mehuyael posted:

So am I anthe alt he uses when he can't come up with good ideas?

The twist is that actually I am the alt you use when you can't come up with good ideas.

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 10, 2015

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
A skeleton lives in a horrible dungeon underground, filled with traps and treasure. Over the decades, left alone in the dungeon, the skeleton grows bored. One day, an adventurer arrives to loot the place and gets quite far before accidentally falling into a pit of deadly acid. The skeleton notices what is happening and rushes out to help, excited about the possibility of company, but oh no, it's too late, the adventurer is dead. Pulling what's left of his corpse out of the pit, the skeleton sighs, having been left all alone again. But wait! The skeleton has an idea! Itruns to a chest hidden deep inside the dungeon and pulls out a book. It is a book for resurrecting the dead! The skeleton performs one of the many rites detailed in the book, and the adventurer's corpse rises, as if it were alive again! Shedding what is left of his flesh, the adventurer's skeleton joins his new skeleton friend and together they spend, many, many centuries, down in the horrible underground dungeon. The End.

(Pan-out, the narrator is revealed to be gypsy genie Hitler alien ghost clown reading from a book who then gives a knowing wink to the camera.)

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
A scientist announces he has discovered a portal to an alternate dimension where humans cannot exist. If you go through the portal, you turn into an animal.
All the furries are delighted and line up to go through the portal. Once they're all through, the scientist closes the portal behind them, so the world is freed of them forever. He is thrown a parade and given all the Nobels.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nameless_Steve posted:

A scientist announces he has discovered a portal to an alternate dimension where humans cannot exist. If you go through the portal, you turn into an animal.
All the furries are delighted and line up to go through the portal. Once they're all through, the scientist closes the portal behind them, so the world is freed of them forever. He is thrown a parade and given all the Nobels.

You just stole that from Kevin & Kell.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
A Mad Archivist kills people who visit his archives and sorts their various body parts under the appropriate letter.
One night the parts start coming to life and attack him. He flees, but is cornered in the "I" section, where a length of intestine slithers around his throat and strangles him to death.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."

Mehuyael posted:

You just stole that from Kevin & Kell.

You mean "Kenan"?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nameless_Steve posted:

You mean "Kenan"?

I thought the same thing when I first heard about it, but no, it's Kevin. Google it and be amazed. You might need to read a couple of strips to understand the true horror. But don't really bother cause it sucks.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
In the absence of furries to draw and animate their fantasies for adolescents to consume, anime reaches global domination. A time traveler goes back and shoots the scientist three days before he invents the portal, before killing himself. Post-Anime Stress Disorder.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
An over the top story about struggle in a post-apocalyptic hellscape turns out to be a documentary about modern day Detroit.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

quakster posted:

In the absence of furries to draw and animate their fantasies for adolescents to consume, anime reaches global domination. A time traveler goes back and shoots the scientist three days before he invents the portal, before killing himself. Post-Anime Stress Disorder.

The time traveler's body (he is a living anime character) is taken by the government and reverse engineered, bringing about the anime wars almost a decade ahead of when they should have happened.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Anime Hitler wins the war and claims his place as the one true emperor of humanity.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

There's a fleck on the speck on the tail
On the frog on the bump on the branch
On the log in the hole in the bottom of ... the twilight zone.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Imagine a world, where

Making your way in it today
Takes everything you've got;
Taking a break from all your worries
Sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?

All those nights when you've got no lights,
The check is in the mail;
And your little angel
Hung the cat up by it's tail;
And your third fiance didn't show;

Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
And they're always glad you came;
You want to be where you can see,
Our troubles are all the same;
You want to be where everybody knows your name.

Roll out of bed, Mr. Coffee's dead;
The morning's looking bright;
And your shrink ran off to Europe,
And didn't even write;
And your husband wants to be a girl;

Be glad there's one place in the world
You want to go where people know,
People are all the same;
You want to go where everybody knows your name.

In the Twilight Zone...

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Hitler enters the bar

Everyone: "HITLER!"

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

Hitler enters the bar

Everyone: "HITLER!"

Hitler is the barman.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

why the long face hitler

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

An internet forums poster must tell his boss 1001 story ideas for the upcoming season of a show similar to twilight zone or the outer limits by the end of the month, or he will be forced to resign.

How will he possibly come up with that many ideas in time?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
An executive at a typewriter company is coming to the realization that his business hasn't sold a typewriter since 1997. His inability to provide for his wife and kid fills him with such a depression that he ends his life by a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, realizing he is worth more dead than alive. Screen fades and transitions to hipsters in Brooklyn reading about his death on their Macbooks. Typewriters immediately replace vinyl records for top sales of the year.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
A kid lies to his school chums about his Uncle at Nintendo and exploits this fictitious family connection to gain respect on the playground and to bully other children. However, when the upcoming games he lies about start coming out for real, he starts getting a little freaked out. Then games start getting released that mention him by name and portray him in unflattering ways. He becomes the laughingstock of the school and eventually the humiliation becomes so severe that he shuts down from interactions with the other children completely. It turns out one of the kids he bullied really DID have an uncle at Nintendo (it was the quiet Japanese boy who never speaks the entire episode and who gets called racist names by the liar kid). The Japanese kid smiles to himself as the formerly popular liar kid sulks in the back of the class.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The mysterious and charismatic cult leader whose name is on everybody's lips turns out to have been the humble railway worker who was in the background the whole time.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Applewhite posted:

A kid lies to his school chums about his Uncle at Nintendo and exploits this fictitious family connection to gain respect on the playground and to bully other children. However, when the upcoming games he lies about start coming out for real, he starts getting a little freaked out. Then games start getting released that mention him by name and portray him in unflattering ways. He becomes the laughingstock of the school and eventually the humiliation becomes so severe that he shuts down from interactions with the other children completely. It turns out one of the kids he bullied really DID have an uncle at Nintendo (it was the quiet Japanese boy who never speaks the entire episode and who gets called racist names by the liar kid). The Japanese kid smiles to himself as the formerly popular liar kid sulks in the back of the class.

That explains how Lester the Unlikely got made.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

A Mad Archivist kills people who visit his archives and sorts their various body parts under the appropriate letter.
One night the parts start coming to life and attack him. He flees, but is cornered in the "I" section, where a length of intestine slithers around his throat and strangles him to death.

hey wait a minute

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
if it's a the long intestine it would be sorted into L, buddy!!!! :mad: :argh:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The Mad Archivist posted:

if it's a the long intestine it would be sorted into L, buddy!!!! :mad: :argh:

it's a lowercase "L" >___>

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

it's a lowercase "L" >___>

whose dismembered organ archive is this again? :smug:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The Mad Archivist posted:

whose dismembered organ archive is this again? :smug:

It was you!
I was you all along!
I have to tell somebody!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's the Large Intestine and the Small Intestine, not the Short and the Long. But then, a real mad Archivist would have known that...!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

...my god. The man we've been calling The Mad Archivist all this time... he's actually Hitler in disguise!

dee nee nee noo dee nee nee noo

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Intestines are a lie. There's just a Hitler there. Inside those Hitlers? More Hitlers.

It's Hitler all the way down.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Leperflesh posted:

...my god. The man we've been calling The Mad Archivist all this time... he's actually Hitler in disguise!

dee nee nee noo dee nee nee noo

:twisted:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
my true form revealed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
A person tries to do a thing.

"Nice try, rear end in a top hat" responds the universe.

• Locked thread