Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

does nerds being weird and terrible on roll20 but not specifically about a particular elfgame count as grog, bc drat

I was looking through the roll20 LFG forum because i've got some kind of awful nerd stockholm syndrome and GUESS WHAT I STUMBLED INTO, SANDWICHED BETWEEN M&M AND PATHFINDER RECRUITS

quote:

The Natural and Direct Seduction (NDS) Workshop is a chance for you to spend 4 weekends with Dante pushing your comfort zone and learning about how to communicate with women.
First you’ll learn Social Freedom: how to overcome that voice in your head that stops you doing what you want to do. Approaching women becomes easy after this: it is no longer a grueling ordeal but becomes a fun exciting way to connect with people and express yourself.

Each weekend you’ll learn the simple but powerful secrets of eye contact, touch, body language and conversation that allows you to have a powerful impact on the women you meet.

Ever felt creepy while touching a woman? Imagine knowing Just how to touch her in the right way, so that you EXACTLY know what to do when you’re on a date!

Find yourself running out of things to say? You’ll also learn conversational tools that allow you to turn even the most boring small talk into a sizzlingly hot seductive exchange.

Class format is 2 hours in the classroom via Google Hangouts with Dante and another Take Action Lifestyles instructor practicing and going over all these fundamental flirting skills. Class is every Saturday for a month, allowing you to implement what you’ve learned in your daily life and come back with questions.

And best of all: This is a FREE workshop and event that the Take Action Lifestyles Team will be hosting which would normally cost hundreds of dollars!

Why do it for free?

1. We love talking about this stuff and helping guys become successful in their day to day lives with women.
2. We HATE scamming or ripping off anyone we do business with. If you like our workshop, feel free to inquire about a Solution Session at our website: https://www.takeactionlifestyles.weebly.com
3. We hope you'll spread the love and tell your friends about us!
Someone finally goes hey this is kinda hosed up ~half a day later, hilarity ensues

quote:

Zero Charisma said:

What exactly is the connection between Roll20 and the inability to talk with women, or touch them correctly? This seems extremely insulting...just throwing that out there.

It's kind of insulting to make judgements. Who said Roll20 and it's users have a problem with women? I know I didn't. This workshop is for ANYONE looking to get better with women. If you think you don't need or want it. You don't have to attend the event.

But cheers for being honest!(: Takes a level of confidence to confront someone and state how you feel.
i say a thing because jesus christ, and hooo-boy

quote:

I really appreciate you commenting on the thread as a ~~female~~(: Girl's opinions are always welcomed. Let's start with an example of some of the things we teach, everybody. (ning) has taken the social standpoint of "Hostile & Judgmental" Why? It could be she doesn't have much success with guys herself. Or maybe she does, but she doesn't understand what we're doing. Let me help you out with that.

A lot of guys are scared to death of talking to girls. They wouldn't dream of being able to walk up to a girl, confidently and say "Hi, I just saw you from across the street and I think you're gorgeous. I'd like to meet you. My name is. . ." That would mean risking rejection which SUCKS. Nobody likes feeling rejected. And I'm glad you've heard of the whole "PUA Pick-up" underground scene. But that's not what we do. We're about being Direct and Natural with women. It's just about saying what's Actually on your mind and going for what you want. Teaching guys how to touch girls correctly without seeming like a psycho or creeper 'skeeves the gently caress out of you'? Why? We're not plotting how to secretly steal away little girls and head off into the night. Nor how to take advantage of women. We're trying to improve Men and Women's lives. Instead of being negative and causing drama, why don't you just continue with whatever you were doing beforehand. If you don't support the event, don't come. It's as easy as that.
i just

golly, i can't imagine why anyone would think the roll 20 dot whatever community has a problem with women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

LuiCypher posted:

What particularly amused me about all of that was the sheer amount of Doublespeak that guy used. "Oh no, it's not PUA stuff - that's bad - what we use is the Direct and Natural approach. It's nothing like PUA stuff because it's got a different name, you see? What? You're saying the techniques are the same? No, they're more Direct and Natural, not at all like negging."
and then if you're me and make poor decisions as a matter of course you take a look at the website only to find it straight up going IM A LIL CRAZY IVE ALWAYS BEEN A NICE GUY WHO PUSHES SOCIAL BOUNDARIES HACK THE FUCKMATRIX HOW QUICK CAN I TOUCH A LADY HOW QUICK CAN I SLEEP WITH HER HOW CAN I GET THE TOP SCORE IN THE RAINBONER ROAD TIME TRIAL and it's like god you're not even trying to hide the PUA poo poo and then lmao there's a tiny bit at the end about how THIS IS GOOD FOR WOMEN TOO THERE ARE SCORES OF WOMEN WHO WANT TO GO ON A magic carpet ride~♪ SEXUAL ADVENTURE

also it's kind of ironic that dude calls it ~Natural and Direct~ but then proceeds to type like no human being ever

LuiCypher posted:

I'm in a fraternity. When I was in undergrad, they were a lot of very socially awkward men in the fraternity due to the fact that they recruited from the engineering department (I was an exception). This fraternity also has a lot of MtG and P&P RPG players, so they're basically the target audience for these con-men. I'd been a bit of a socially awkward puke back when I was 18/19, so I understood and empathized with my brothers.

At a Christmas party, one brother asked me "How do you talk to women?"

My response was simple.

"Like any other person."

It's really weird for me as I grow older and start to notice how the hobby, whether it's through gendered marketing or the industry being a good ol' boys club full of :biotruths:ers, really seems to believe that men and women are two separate species.
haha, i've heard this same kind of story from two guy-friends of mine

dudes are just BAFFLED at being told 'hey talk to women like bog-standard human beings'

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

so for a second i misread the Numenara thing and I'm kind of disappointed it doesn't prominently feature wacky eldritch monsters hornswogglin' dudes into bed and fillin' up they boywombs with horrifying dimensional rift babies like a shittier, dorkier Alien

Serf posted:

Bonus, if inclusion puts people off of the system, then that means people who do like the game have a smaller chance of having to deal with bigotry since those players won't be looking to play that game.
Also this. (Though it kinda goes both ways - there's a reason i stay faaaaaaaaar far away from 40k and stuff like that.)

• Locked thread