Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Meghan is from the northeastern US, which you'd know if you'd taken even a cursory look into her bio. The thread is mean spirited, she's talented, and I appreciate the positive message in her music.

suck on a hog u freak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Volume posted:

My momma told me I don't need college I just need to "shake it like I'm suppose to do" because that's all women are good for, whoops better get back to the kitchen

A good mom

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
I was cool with the song until I heard the line about "tell them skinny bitches" somethin somethin. What a oval office. Some people are genetically predisposed to be unable to keep weight on while eating a normal amount of calories. But no one is genetically predisposed to shoveling cheeseburgers into their gullet.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Find a fulfilling career? Lol no I'm just gonna find a man to gently caress like a good woman. Barefoot and preggers for me!

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
yeah like that other person said bmi and bf% are different i just get thrown off because men and womens bf%s are quite different until obesity, whereas the bmi ranges are equal. that, and the obesity number is close to the obesity %

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I thought All About That Bass was a song about dicks and the "Bass" was a reference to penis girth and Meghan Trainor was singing about thickness mattering more than length.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Volume posted:

Find a fulfilling career? Lol no I'm just gonna find a man to gently caress like a good woman. Barefoot and preggers for me!

dont exaggerate you can wear shoes

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I thought All About That Bass was a song about dicks and the "Bass" was a reference to penis girth and Meghan Trainor was singing about thickness mattering more than length.

now there's a song with a message you can get behind

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Volume posted:

If men don't want to stick their penis in me then I have no value as a woman or human being. Every one knows all women are for is cock holsters

speaking from an evolutionary standpoint this is actually entirely correct

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The fact that people think this song has a positive message shows how stupid they are

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

ps the anti-fat crew whining about a fat person being mean to skinny people itt is one of the most :ironicat: things i've ever see on new gbs

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Please do not analyze or even listen to pop music lyrics

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
lol if you listen to pop music. its just an extension of the jewish controleld media.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

Zzulu posted:

she said im perfect :buddy:

now i dont have to try anymore

This is such a bad attitude. Literally everyone can improve, and settling is dangerous.

My real beef with tumblr.mp3 is that she claims to be all about that bass, but there is next to no bass in the song. That's just lazy songwriting. Also, the hook and verses sound like two completely different songs.

Let's ignore the dangerous message she's sending for a second, and focus on the fact that it's just objectively bad as a piece of music.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

she fat

don't listen to her lies

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
All about that sexual objectification of women

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Business Gorillas posted:

ps the anti-fat crew whining about a fat person being mean to skinny people itt is one of the most :ironicat: things i've ever see on new gbs

Unironically cull everyone above 30 bmi from the population by death or sending them to africa for six months

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

thats not really whats happnin' here but it is an amusing thought at any rate

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

AKA Pseudonym posted:

You know Al Quaeda means "The Base" in Arabic

all al quaeda are belong to us

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Can someone explain the bass/music/obesity analogy she's using?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

GBS uses radical methods to shed fat threads and is able to keep them off for a while, but they always return. It's like its natural state is full of fat threads

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
the bass is the low pitches in the song and also the low center of mass on womens bodies the booty being big, the treble is the breasts/svelt figure

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

GBS uses radical methods to shed fat threads and is able to keep them off for a while, but they always return. It's like its natural state is full of fat threads

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Volume posted:

Making me horny

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

this lady was bioengineered to piss off gbs

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

It's not that I care about her making fun of skinny people, but if you're making a song about loving your body it's a little :ironicat: to body shame another group.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

HollisBrown posted:

It's not that I care about her making fun of skinny people, but if you're making a song about loving your body it's a little :ironicat: to body shame another group.

also :ironicat: that she's advocating being fat and she's probably rich enough that she can actually afford to eat healthy

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Attractive thin people have suffered enough, they should be cherished and respected.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

actually it's about the cult classic capcom side scroller mega man & bass, known in japan as rockman & forte

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Where is the goddamn bass line

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Wasn't this a Nicki Minaj song?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

1gnoirents posted:

tbf he looks like he's part of that one race that is actually genetically fat, allowing him to be fat and yet have slick moves

Are you really that dumb? Samoans aren't genetically fat. They're fat because they eat lovely food. No one is genetically fat.

Also, what's really :ironicat: is that now that she is all rich and famous, she lost a bunch of weight.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

comes along bort posted:

actually it's about the cult classic capcom side scroller mega man & bass, known in japan as rockman & forte

I wish it was about this.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
why does she dress like a little girl?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Darth123123 posted:

why does she dress like a little girl?

Same reason she sings about being fat. Mental Illness.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
can we get some butts in this thread please?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
She looks really different in Lips Are Moving.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
She is very attractive but I could never love a woman who supports the HP line of products

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Nope, she's cute and it's a good song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
This chubs is from Nantucket

gently caress people from Nantucket