Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
lowtax is almost 30 days clean from the forums!! they give you a plastic chip at 30 days so let's all give him a round of applause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

mysterious loyall Y posted:

reddit.com have him secluded in preperation for interviewing him about his stance re: journalistic ethics

http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2gyuxs/richard_lowtax_kyanka_creator_of_something_awful/

im pretty sure that a kotaku subreddit about gamergate is peak shitposting

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Tujague posted:

I like this one, I am making it my morning alarm ringtone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-GiwdXyObc

For my money (0$) The screaming retard is what makes it interesting, there are ten million billion other youtube reviews of lovely games where bored nerds rattle off sarcastic remarks that don't really land

Oh sorry SA poster JUNK, let me help you
What I am saying with this post is that I like the loud guy who is yelling, who is Shmorky
He is yelling on the video
He has a voice, you see. A voice that is weird. Shmorky has a weird voice. That he uses to yell
On the video. Shmorky has a weird voice that he uses to yell on the video
Shmorky yells with his weird voice
On the video that I am posting
I think that his voice is funny, but other people think it is annoying
Ok how are you doing over there, guy? You still with us?

on the one hand I agree with you that shmorky and lowtax, together, were greater than the sum of their parts, especially earlier on

on the other hand shmorky's descent into madness was visible even to the TVTropes crowd, which pretty much means your insanity is visible from outer space, that's how hosed up it is

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Lowtax has been dead for years

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

angerbeet posted:

he talked to me on steam a couple weeks ago, liar

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

IIRC correctly, Shmorky's voice was high on purpose. I think the idea was that it was like 'Uncle' Lowtax and 'Nephew' Shmorky kind of characters. In the first few Gaming garbages, Shmorky used a normal voice.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

gnarlyhotep posted:

he talked to me on steam a couple weeks ago, liar

Oh yeah? Well last weekend me and Lowtax went on a ride on a two seat bicycle and got ice cream.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!
I'd like to ask him why they shitcanned Paranormal/Conspiracy. Where else can I read about goo s smoking haunted bowls? :argh:

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
has someone checked the old something awful office?

maybe that time some goons caught him passed out on liquor and pills was a cry for help

Viller
Jun 3, 2005

Proud opponent of Israeli terror and Jewish fascism!

angerbeet posted:

theres evidence shmorky has been having a weekends at bernies for the last 10 years

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

someone near missouri go take an updated version with lowtax's bloated corpse

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So not only did Lowtax close the SQ He but he had to move?

Is Lowtax poor now?

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I once saw Lowtax at a Burger King. He was eating a big king burger with so e of burger kings inferior fries.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

I once saw Lowtax at a Burger King. He was eating a big king burger with so e of burger kings inferior fries.

people who knew him will tell you this is so lowtax

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Boner Zone posted:

maybe that time some goons caught him passed out on liquor and pills was a cry for help

I prefer the theory that he was passed out pills and booze because he was trying to make goons find his corpse, because Lowtax is a comedic genius.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah i figured that picture might be a sort of trial run

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Tujague posted:

I like this one, I am making it my morning alarm ringtone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-GiwdXyObc

For my money (0$) The screaming retard is what makes it interesting, there are ten million billion other youtube reviews of lovely games where bored nerds rattle off sarcastic remarks that don't really land

Oh sorry SA poster JUNK, let me help you
What I am saying with this post is that I like the loud guy who is yelling, who is Shmorky
He is yelling on the video
He has a voice, you see. A voice that is weird. Shmorky has a weird voice. That he uses to yell
On the video. Shmorky has a weird voice that he uses to yell on the video
Shmorky yells with his weird voice
On the video that I am posting
I think that his voice is funny, but other people think it is annoying
Ok how are you doing over there, guy? You still with us?

lol you laugh at me for not knowing the back story but jokes on all of you for admitting you watch LPs. trap sprung i am the true puppetmaster all along

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

I like when lowtax takee breaks. I figure he's spending time with his family and raising his kids

Good on ya lowtax

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Francis Baconator posted:

I'd like to ask him why they shitcanned Paranormal/Conspiracy. Where else can I read about goo s smoking haunted bowls? :argh:

Yeah... The one place where we could try to unravel this mystery gets shuttered just as people start to twig..

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Junk posted:

lol you laugh at me for not knowing the back story but jokes on all of you for admitting you watch LPs. trap sprung i am the true puppetmaster all along

you moron :laugh:

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

donkey salami posted:

I like when lowtax takee breaks. I figure he's spending time with his family and raising his kids

Good on ya lowtax

Keeping his kids from finding this site, the forums, and his twitter has got to be at least a full time job.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
you'll notice all the good posters left the forums, too. we have been

Left Behind™

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So not only did Lowtax close the SQ He but he had to move?

Is Lowtax poor now?

Aren't too many worse places ya can go than rural Missouri

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
R-Lo called me this morning from his hospital room in Seattle. Apparently the reason he hasn't updated in a few days has less to do with his job, his move and his computers and more to do with his recent encounter with a city transit bus. Before you people start freaking out with "OH GOD NO ZACK IS GOING TO DO ALL THE UPDATES FROM NOW ON" I assure you he is already on the road to recovery and was not seriously injured in the first place.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Default Settings posted:

R-Lo called me this morning from his hospital room in Seattle. Apparently the reason he hasn't updated in a few days has less to do with his job, his move and his computers and more to do with his recent encounter with a city transit bus. Before you people start freaking out with "OH GOD NO ZACK IS GOING TO DO ALL THE UPDATES FROM NOW ON" I assure you he is already on the road to recovery and was not seriously injured in the first place.

Didnt this happen before? :thejoke:?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Tarkus posted:

IIRC correctly, Shmorky's voice was high on purpose. I think the idea was that it was like 'Uncle' Lowtax and 'Nephew' Shmorky kind of characters. In the first few Gaming garbages, Shmorky used a normal voice.

My 5 year old son has a voice at least an octave deeper than that

PaulMorel
Oct 16, 2008
I remember when Lowtax fought with Uwe Boll and lost by knockout.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
what happened to the bird gambit

IronLawnmower
Aug 28, 2014

mysterious loyall Y posted:

reddit.com have him secluded in preperation for interviewing him about his stance re: journalistic ethics

http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2gyuxs/richard_lowtax_kyanka_creator_of_something_awful/

quote:

Lowtax also jumped on board the 'gamers are misogynists' bandwagon. Goes to show just how far Something Awful has fallen. It's been around too long; the owner has jumped in bed with the establishment.
Gee, games played by teenage boys who have high testosterone levels but low levels of sexual satisfaction might portray women in a sexual light? REALLY?
WE MUST BAN THAT, FOR THE GOOD OF SOCIETY. There is NO PLACE IN SOCIETY for immature boys being sexually satisfied.
All sexual satisfaction must come through the female gatekeepers. Is that not the end game? They know the key to controlling males is sex, is this just an offshoot of that knowledge?
Speaking of which, I am gay, so the attempts by women to control sexuality are especially hilarious to me. They really think gay men are their allies? They have no idea how many gay men simply cannot stand the average female.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
SA is a steaming pile (our steaming pile) but at least people laugh at you derisively when you have an opinion like that here

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Gay and MRA in the USA

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Someone probably trolled him and he had a tantrum and stopped posting. Just like every year

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

Didnt this happen before? :thejoke:?
The way he tells it he was crossing a street in broad daylight at a crosswalk and a bus surged forward from a stop, clipping his left leg and knocking him to the ground. This fractured his tibia.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

gnarlyhotep posted:

Gay and MRA in the USA

sadly too many syllables for R.O.C.K In The USA

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Default Settings posted:

The way he tells it he was crossing a street in broad daylight at a crosswalk and a bus surged forward from a stop, clipping his left leg and knocking him to the ground. This fractured his tibia.

That's our loveable klutz

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Monkey Fracas posted:

sadly too many syllables for R.O.C.K In The USA

M.R.Gay in the U.S.A.

Rascallion
Feb 10, 2014
Hmm, getting in to personal injury scams now.

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

IronLawnmower posted:

immature boys being sexually satisfied

new subtitle for GBS

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Default Settings posted:

lol tell that beta to man the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Default Settings posted:

eagerly awaiting the front page article about buses

• Locked thread