Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hasn't Angle officially been in TNA longer than he was in WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triplexpac posted:

I really want Joe to go to NJPW and have a career resurgence like AJ.

Joe going back to ROH would be fine, but there are a lot more exciting possible matches in Japan.

I guess I'm the only one that strongly disagrees? NJPW still has a handful of matches with their existing roster I want to see and the indies could use another body for big matches with all the new talent. I guess if I wanted to see samoa joe in a bunch of meaningless tag matches??

I mean he could easily do both if he wanted

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

oatgan posted:

I guess I'm the only one that strongly disagrees? NJPW still has a handful of matches with their existing roster I want to see and the indies could use another body for big matches with all the new talent. I guess if I wanted to see samoa joe in a bunch of meaningless tag matches??

I mean he could easily do both if he wanted

Yeah I was just comparing him being a ROH regular vs being a NJPW regular. Ideally I'd like to see him with an AJ schedule, where he appears at big shows for both companies.

I wonder what kind of money he's asking for. ROH isn't using Del Rio anymore since he's too pricey for their budget.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I was just comparing him being a ROH regular vs being a NJPW regular. Ideally I'd like to see him with an AJ schedule, where he appears at big shows for both companies.

AJ schedule would be great, provided his body can hold up - and I've got no loving clue if it could. Joe has still shown he's one hell of a wrestler when he's put in a big match situation. Naturally, though, I just want him to have a bunch of PWG matches.

Wonder who else is gonna be on their way out in the coming days. Would Love Crazzy Steve to get that New Japan run he's always deserved.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

skaboomizzy posted:

Any other promoter in TNA's current position would be trying to snap up any hot indie talent that isn't being pursued by WWE/NXT, maybe find some way to work out a talent-share agreement with some of the ROH undercard. Since this is Dixie Carter, she'll just bring in any fossils she recognizes that are still ambulatory.

They wanted to get some top indie guys last year, but part of the problem is anyone with WWE aspirations is loathe to go there.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Yeah I am pretty much of the position that a split ROH/NJPW schedule would be the ideal workload for any wrestler that I want to see. Between ROH TV and NJPW World you can pretty much get as much AJ Styles as you could if he were a top guy in WWE only with good wrestling. And you can see him live at ROH once or twice a year if you live somewhere.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Joe's gone, Storm sounds like he might be next. I think we're at like 2004-5 for longest run in the roster with Eric Young. Or is he gone too? I don't what this dumb show.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

coconono posted:

Joe's gone, Storm sounds like he might be next. I think we're at like 2004-5 for longest run in the roster with Eric Young. Or is he gone too? I don't what this dumb show.

Roode and Abyss as well I think, unless they're gone

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

I'm not sure how much to make of Storm's tweet - I was under the impression that he was one of very few people that signed a longer-term deal.

(even though this article says 'more to be announced' I don't think anyone else besides the guys listed is on a multi-year contract)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

Roode and Abyss as well I think, unless they're gone

holy poo poo, Abyss why are you still there??

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

Abyss is in James Storm's stable of Not-The-Wyatts-We-Swear

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

coconono posted:

The only company willing to allow him to destroy his body is TNA, other people feel too bad for him.

Jale
Nov 6, 2005

coconono posted:

Who else would want him?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/hashtag/SayYesMadonna?src=tren

Grado wants to use "Like A Prayer" on TV.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

please let me use this song without having to pay for it

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hi I'm Madonna, the most famous pop star on the planet I'd like to hitch my brand to an unintelligible piece of poo poo that isn't named Sean Penn

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Hi I'm Madonna, the most famous pop star on the planet I'd like to hitch my brand to an unintelligible piece of poo poo that isn't named Sean Penn

who'd she ever beat

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I've never actually seen Grado wrestle but I think I like the concept of Grado

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Fat Lowtax posted:

I've never actually seen Grado wrestle but I think I like the concept of Grado

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWunj7WBQqQ

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The BBC just reported on this.

Grado of all people has gotten TNA mainstream attention.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

flashy_mcflash posted:

Gradoberg is the greatest entrance in modern wrestling

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

NickRoweFillea posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALFMYWFRjQs

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fZuExi_MrI

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Grado is probably the most mainstream wrestler in TNA, at least in the UK that is.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It sure is too bad that TNA isn't a UK promotion, though at this point they might as well be.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

NickRoweFillea posted:

You're lucky I can't find a video of Bayley's entrance.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Grado saving TNA would be comedic genius.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap0r7Zg5p0Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt7Mv2zq1sU

Another example.

coconono posted:

Grado saving TNA would be comedic genius.

Friday Night Impact Starring Grado

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Well a dude came out to Shawn Michaels' music on Take Me Out on ITV on the weekend so it's only fair one of our greatest assets gets to use one of Madonna's songs.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

It wouldn't be the first time Grado's amazing ability at self promotion has carried a company. Bring back the tiny TNA house show ring and he'll feel right at home.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Squalitude posted:

one of our greatest assets

Please remind me to include this in my forthcoming essay entitled "Scotland: A Failed State?"

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Please remind me to include this in my forthcoming essay entitled "Scotland: A Failed State?"

Well...

More like "Scotland: A Weird Country?"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
That's brilliant.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Like A Prayer is a better song than Grado deserves

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

triplexpac posted:

The only company willing to allow him to destroy his body is TNA, other people feel too bad for him.

two months ago my local indie ran Rhyno vs. Abyss in a hardcore match where Abyss took a lot of dumb bumps and it might have been the worst match I've ever seen live so don't count out Abyss destroying his body even more

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

graeme stevely

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I've not seen Grado work but I love him for his ability to get wrestling fans to chant and clap along to a Madonna song.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flashy_mcflash posted:

It sure is too bad that TNA isn't a UK promotion, though at this point they might as well be.

They should relocate to Dixie's castle and run shows out of there.

Hopefully while establishing a new kind of feudalism where the wrestler is allowed to farm the land around the castle in exchange for working dates on Impact.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Madonna is too good for TNA.

5ive is probably too good for TNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

MassRafTer posted: