Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Aren't the "One Night Only" events usually shown once a month? Are they really going to tape a bunch of poo poo that's not going to air until September?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Fibby Boy posted:

What is this Jeff Hardy spot I've seen mentioned in a couple places?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32k_SHGMOfQ

It's from one of the NYC shows last month.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How many viewers did the last Spike episode get? I need a laugh comparing it to their current numbers.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thanks, I appreciate it. I also used those figures to annoy the people praising Dixie for the network move on Twitter.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

elf help book posted:

Are these people you know or are you searching out people who praise TNA just to pester them?

I follow Dixie and her tweet promoting the Impact after Lockdown had people replying with congratulations on moving networks because Lockdown's viewership was up. I couldn't help myself.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Pfft, what did Samoa Joe ever do for TNA?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

flashy_mcflash posted:

Strangely realistic take actually:

Like offering Del Rio half a million dollars and an immediate World title reign.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

rovert posted:

Sigh here comes the thread derail.

Yeah, and it must be everyone else, right?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Fsmhunk posted:

All the whiny bitches dogpilling on Rovert are twice as annoying as him, AND don't have any scoops.

Listen motherfucker...

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

NickRoweFillea posted:

Gradoberg is the greatest entrance in modern wrestling

You're lucky I can't find a video of Bayley's entrance.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

This is probably the worst example of "We're so much better than WWE!" that TNA ever pulled. I don't think even WCW would have attempted something like this. My fiancée, who has only recently gotten back into wrestling, turned to me and said "Didn't this happen after Chris Benoit? And Chris Kanyon? And a bunch of football players? Please turn it off, it's really upsetting"

And I love that, even though he's not there, Bischoff still has to put Hogan over with that "crawled out of an ICU" line.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Testekill posted:

They once again decided to reference police brutality in NY by having Gunner choke out a black man with a nightstick. This is after MVP threatening to send police out into the audience to slap people in chokeholds.

There's no loving way they did this at the Manhattan Center. Not after the near-riots we had before the holidays when they declined to prosecute the cop that murdered Eric Garner. They must have waited until they were somewhere else, right?

Right?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Testekill posted:

I don't know how to break this to you but TNA has little understanding of tact.

I guess this is the first time I'm actually amazed by the fact that they pulled something like this, even though I know it's TNA, probably because I live in NYC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

abraham linksys posted:

(I was told this was later cut from the broadcast)

That still means they thought it was a good idea and Destination America said, "Are you loving kidding me?"

• Locked thread