Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Seven years too late but still great news. Looking forward to Samoa Joe matches for the first time since his cage match with Angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

89 posted:

I just don't understand how Samoa Joe gained so much weight and never got it off. He looks like he stopped wrestling ago 5 years ago.

Except he's been wrestling the past 5 years with a normal schedule :psyduck:

He's been collecting paychecks for a while now. He'll probably get into great shape if he's even still wrestling after this. It's amazing what quitting TNA can do for a man's motivation.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

I always thought it was a nagging injury from that time he whiffed a jump and hurt himself on the concrete steps during a brawl in the crowd with Sting.

Dumbest spot ever performed. I think he was just desperate to get something memorable into his wet fart of a title reign.

Ironic as well because in that shoot he did with Punk they made fun of Punk for doing a drop kick on the floor as a dumb move.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Is 36 not way past the age WWE hires people? I mean they think twice when a guy's getting to his late 20's.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

epitasis posted:

WWE hiring Adam Pearce and Samoa Joe suddenly, Colt gonna be next.

Colt's persona non grata after the Punk interviews.

I mean working as a trainer for NXT sounds like a great gig for him. Still wish he was working matches with folk though.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Fat Lowtax posted:

Seeing them go after Joe and pass up on AJ Styles is surprising, but maybe it wouldn't be if Joe's slated as a trainer/a short-term NXT mini-boss kind of run.

Other way around with Styles. He passed up on WWE. Right choice in his case.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Rovert's actually not bad, I like him now. He's cool.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I was actually watching some old TNA and gently caress me if it wasn't well booked back when Joe debuted.

Six months into Joes Debut he basically murders Christopher Daniels and wears his blood around his neck after soaking it up in a towel. Incensed at seeing his long time rival utterly decimated by Samoa Joe, X Division champion AJ Styles goes after Joe rather than waiting for Joe to inevitably come to him. Samoa Joe wins the belt in an even match that while cheating is still impressive, attacks AJ after the match, Daniels comes out and attacks Joe despite being injured, is stunned due to the injury and it's broken up by the refs and security before Samoa Joe runs through him again. This sets up to the triple threat matches that were so good that Dave Meltzer gave them five stars.

I mean what in western wrestling has been that well booked in the last ten years, never mind just in TNA?

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 18, 2015

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I remember loving the 2008 Joe Vs Angle Title match. I know it was divisive at the time but I thought it was so refreshing and innovative.

Plus it was sadly the best match of his title reign since they fed him nothing but former WWE wrestlers who couldn't give a gently caress. Samoa Joe Vs "Trying to be Forest Whitaker in Last King of Scotland" Booker T anyone?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

Just had a flashback to TNA booking Joe to lose to Tyson Tomko because Joe said that he was tripping over some bad booking.

That the one that happened after his last ROH appearance where the crowd started chanting "gently caress Vince Russo" and Joe's reaction was pretty much "I know, right"?

Good times.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
OOOOHHHH gently caress!

Does anyone else remember the first Samoa Joe Vs Scott Steiner match where Steiner decided he was going to really put over Samoa Joe?

Scott Steiner's last great match right there.

I'm just remembering how much of a mark I was for Samoa Joe back in the day. :allears:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
That's brilliant.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
If wrestlers in TNA have to come out to what TNA deserves then everyone would come out to armpit farts and an old man dry heaving.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I think he was expecting Borash to jump out a little further.

Nasty head collision it looks like.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Mob posted:

Grado rules, you stinkers

This guy knows.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Young Bucks are millionaires now, aren't they? Can't see anyone working in TNA becoming millionaires. Unless you count the Carters stepping down from being billionaires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Mob posted:

I could imagine them being hundredthousandaires but there's no way they've saved up THAT much money, not with kids anyway.

It's been hinted at on a couple podcasts that they do really well for themselves. The phrase "Millionaire Hoots" was used.

• Locked thread