Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Smiling Mandrill posted:

OK I guess the easiest examples would be high level athletes competing in the same field. Go look at pictures of Frank Bruno then look at a prime Larry Holmes. They are roughly the same height, and weight both were workout warriors in their prime. Yet Holmes looks stringy and even a bit doughy around the middle where as Frank Bruno has always looked like he was chiseled from a piece of black granite.

And all boxers eat the same diet and do the same exercise regimen, so yeah, point proven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Okay, so when did conservatives give up trying to make Conservapedia the "conservative wikipedia" and become the conservative encyclopedia dramatica?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

The story about Adam almost getting electrocuted is pretty sad and hilarious, in part because it's a good reminder of how this poo poo could have actually killed or maimed someone even though TV often seems massively overproduced and safe

"The producers said it would be funny!'

that incident gets crazy hyperbolic. they hooked up a ln electric fence generator to the statue thing, they're explicitly designed to give a painful but totally harmless shock. he was in zero danger and has acted like a complete bitchmade faglord about it ever since.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Captain Candiru posted:

Okay, so when did conservatives give up trying to make Conservapedia the "conservative wikipedia" and become the conservative encyclopedia dramatica?

The instant they thought of it.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

boom boom boom posted:

And all boxers eat the same diet and do the same exercise regimen, so yeah, point proven

Actually yeah most high level boxers do the same poo poo to prepare for fights. Rope work, road work, and sparring will make up the majority of any pro boxers training. There might be slight variations here and there, but for the most part the workouts are pretty similar. Same with the diets usually your diet is going to be a lot of protein and green veggies, and water.

Look I ain't saying don't work out. What I'm saying is workout to feel good and be healthy not cause you wanna look like Arnold, because you ain't going to. Even if you started at the same age, and did the exact same work and gear chances are for most of us we're going to look like a body builder but we won't end up looking as good as Arnie did.

Smiling Mandrill fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 5, 2015

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Actually yeah most high level boxers do the same poo poo to prepare for fights. Rope work, road work, and sparring will make up the majority of any pro boxers training. There might be slight variations here and there, but for the most part the workouts are pretty similar. Same with the diets usually your diet is going to be a lot of protein and green veggies, and water.

Look I ain't saying don't work out. What I'm saying is workout to feel good and be healthy not cause you wanna look like Arnold, because you ain't going to. Even if you started at the same age, and did the exact same work and gear chances are for most of us we're going to look like a body buildder but we won't end up looking as good as Arnie did.

Ive seen people achieve some amazing things with steroids

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Goons get mad at fat people when they're too fat and then get disgusted when fat people lose weight because they don't look like a fitness model right away.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Penn is dying Teller is crying.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

boom boom boom posted:

Drew Carey is basically unrecognizable now

When did Drew Carey become a vampire? enquiring minds want to know

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

stop posting pics of my gf tia

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

you were warned posted:

My friend who is a huge Penn and Teller fan says that Penn claims to have lost weight through some totally new and unheard of method, but it's still a SECRET for now!!

Maybe that means it's some new horrible wasting disease, never before contracted

Secret method = rear end cancer.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

boom boom boom posted:

Yes, we do. glad you noticed :)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

He's flipping off the camera because he knew a goon would be following the Jamie & Adam twitter and couldn't resist posting a picture of him as a skinny turkeyman.

Next he's going to show up at the OP's door and present the 3 of clubs from out of his neck flap.

I would be ok with this.

I'd also be ok with this showing up

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Ivor Biggun posted:

Secret method = rear end cancer.

check ur facts bucko, jobs got offed by pancreatic cancer thanks to his asinine "nothing but fruit" diet

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

check ur facts bucko, jobs got offed by pancreatic cancer thanks to his asinine "nothing but fruit" diet

"nothing but fruits" should be the gbs tagline

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That's cancer-thin

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Roger Craig posted:

When did Drew Carey become a vampire? enquiring minds want to know
He can bite my neck anytime. :swoon:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Thread would be a lot cooler if it were all about Kari Byron instead of a washed up magic man

But that's just one goons opinion.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My favorite Penn trick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRpz0zuAGVs

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

it was also treatable but he preferred to try a west coast quack cure.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

my diet is beer broccoli sardines and potato chibs

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I actually read his book and there is a story about accidentally burning his penis on a hair dryer that is pretty great

CaptainQuirk
May 9, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

So much this. The interns should have just been there on occasion, as needed. Or just as assistants. Lettings them run around doing whatever really was to the detriment of the show.

I think firing them had probably something to do with that cannonball incident as well, maybe another close call happened or something

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Cannonball?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

COOL CORN posted:

Thread would be a lot cooler if it were all about Kari Byron instead of a washed up magic man

But that's just one goons opinion.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

my diet is beer broccoli sardines and potato chibs
:hfive:
:munch:

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Simultaneously awesome but kinda sad at the same time. But mostly :fap:

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Just gotta say, I still miss Scottie. Always thought she was hotter.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mythbusters is an awful loving show.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rand alPaul posted:

Mythbusters is an awful loving show.

not really

actuallyit's quite good

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
The show jumped the shark when those 3 dingleberries joined the cast so it's better this year. That asian dude is the guy who animated r2d2 to fly around in the prequels so he sucks forever.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Now he just has to make the rest of him disappear.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Vorik posted:

never heard of him

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Shaddak posted:

Just gotta say, I still miss Scottie. Always thought she was hotter.

Agreed

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Cool

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Kari and the other 2 were way better than Jamie and Adam, I haven't watched the show in a while but when Kari became the third main character I remember wondering when they were going to either give her a show of her own or start cutting J&A.

They had less J&A for a while, I'm guessing the three of them get their own show soon

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Staunch and proud ally of Big Pharma! We stand with you!

naem posted:

Karey Grant

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

david... posted:

kari byron is so loving hot I can't cope w/ it

lol i kow what you mean, it fucks with my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

They destroyed half a street with a misfired cannonball, it flew through houses and cars.

• Locked thread