Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Considering they've made like 10 trillion dollars in backing for their awful piece of poo poo monkey cheese "humor" card "game" it's only logical that a non insubstantial number of goons have backed it.

So, out with it. Which one of you backed this stupid piece of poo poo. I know you are out there. Or are you too afraid to admit it and :justpost: ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
i learned it from watching you dad

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I backed Banner Saga and the Flash Point expansions. Didn't back Oatmeal game.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Last thing I backed was Massive Chalice, still in development but the beta is pretty fun xcom light but man the character models are ugly.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

damo mi vec prodali smo tvoje kucu kako bi financirati "Exploding kittens" sorry :(

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I gave them 600 dollars, I'm getting 15 copies of both decks.

Chistmas shopping, DONE.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
I dont even know what this dumb loving poo poo for idiots is.

But OP does.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I backed your mum

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've never backed something on kickstarter. I'm not dumb.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I backed Barkley 2 and the Doob. Only one of those actually came through on their promise.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Rapman the Cook posted:

But OP does.

If it wasn't for virgin nerds like op I'd never know about gay poo poo on kick starter.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Rapman the Cook posted:

But OP does.

u cool doug

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

BigBoss posted:

If it wasn't for virgin nerds like op I'd never know about gay poo poo on kick starter.

lol like every mainstream news outlet has given it press it's literally the most successful kickstarter ever but please keep acting as if it's underground nerd knowledge only known to virgin autists if it makes you feel cool :c00l:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Damo posted:

lol like every mainstream news outlet has given it press it's literally the most successful kickstarter ever but please keep acting as if it's underground nerd knowledge only known to virgin autists if it makes you feel cool :c00l:

It's currently the seventh most successful kickstarter. But it's gonna pass Reading Rainbow tomorrow, and Veronica Mars some time this weekend, probably.

I don't know if it'll beat the Ouya, but fingers crossed!

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Waltzing Along posted:

I've never backed something on kickstarter. I'm not dumb.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

$20 for a card game isn't that crazy at least. Oculus Rift is still my favorite story of kickstarter backers getting hilariously taken advantage of.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

boom boom boom posted:

It's currently the seventh most successful kickstarter. But it's gonna pass Reading Rainbow tomorrow, and Veronica Mars some time this weekend, probably.

Something about it is the biggest ever though. Like most individual backers or something, isn't it?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Damo posted:

Something about it is the biggest ever though. Like most individual backers or something, isn't it?

Yeah. Reading Rainbow had 105,857 backers, Exploding Kittens currently has 135,630

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
:krad:

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Damo posted:

GameSpot and gizmodo are not "every mainstream news outlet"

PS u a bitch

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

boom boom boom posted:

please tell me you don't actually actively follow kickstarters :(

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah. Reading Rainbow had 105,857 backers, Exploding Kittens currently has 135,630

136,630 stupid tasteless nerds giving 5 million dollars to a hack talentless gently caress who knows how to manipulate nerd culture for a poo poo card game that costs like 5 bucks per to make which they will play 2 times before getting sick of. Someone remind me again why the Internet is a Good Thing

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
still less insufferable than Cards Against Humanity

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I backed Torment and already got Wasteland 2 out of it, a kickstarter that delivers.

I'm not going to give this dude money because I hate his poo poo comic.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Mad Archivist posted:

please tell me you don't actually actively follow kickstarters :(

I'm really enjoying Exploding Kittens' success, mainly because board game nerds are really mad because it's a very simple game, and goons are really mad because it's made by an internet humor site more popular than SA.

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

Damo posted:

136,630 stupid tasteless nerds giving 5 million dollars to a hack talentless gently caress who knows how to manipulate nerd culture for a poo poo card game that costs like 5 bucks per to make which they will play 2 times before getting sick of. Someone remind me again why the Internet is a Good Thing

why are you mad about a card game

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

BigBoss posted:

GameSpot and gizmodo are not "every mainstream news outlet"

PS u a bitch

Dude loving time magazine and the Washington post and poo poo like that covered it you massive queer try doing a Google news search on it before you say stupid poo poo out of your gently caress face

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Everything makes goons mad.

^^^ see?

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

Steampunk iPhone posted:

why are you mad about a card game

if you saw it you might be mad too

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Damo posted:

Dude loving time magazine and the Washington post and poo poo like that covered it you massive queer try doing a Google news search on it before you say stupid poo poo out of your gently caress face
keep going...

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Damo posted:

irrelevant dying media outlets covering irrelevant insufferable kickstarter bowel movements, more at 11

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

I'm really enjoying Exploding Kittens' success, mainly because board game nerds are really mad because it's a very simple game, and goons are really mad because it's made by an internet humor site more popular than SA.

true. but it seems like just a worse version of Love Letter but with the monkey cheese dialed to 11.

Boss Monster was the exact same way but fleeced a different subsection of nerds

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
Mm bowel movements plz keep the erotica out of my thread k thx

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW
Have you seen this Mothershittingly Retarded mass produced print of flowers?? Holy poo poo this makes me so loving mad, and pissed off!!!! The subject matter is unoriginal, and moreover, the painting is loving poo poo!!! I can't believe that 230,500 Americans have bought this from Pier 1 and hung it up on their wall. How much of a loving retard do you have to be to like this boring derivative human being poo poo???

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Steampunk iPhone posted:

Have you seen this Mothershittingly Retarded mass produced print of flowers?? Holy poo poo this makes me so loving mad, and pissed off!!!! The subject matter is unoriginal, and moreover, the painting is loving poo poo!!! I can't believe that 230,500 Americans have bought this from Pier 1 and hung it up on their wall. How much of a loving retard do you have to be to like this boring derivative human being poo poo???
more like PIer #2 (doody)!!!!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Damo posted:

lol, see, like this.

Dash O Pepper posted:

true. but it seems like just a worse version of Love Letter but with the monkey cheese dialed to 11.

Boss Monster was the exact same way but fleeced a different subsection of nerds

Honestly, my problem with the game is that some of the cars are cat themed, and some aren't. The kitten cards, the defusing cards, the cat cards, all cat themed. But the see the future, attack and shuffle cards are just random, no connection to cats at all. What're they doing? Go all in on the theme, it's like 50 card, you can come up with 50 cat jokes. save the non cat stuff for expansions.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i hate the oatmeal guy so loving much. millions of real artists slumming out there while this fucker makes millions churning out the ugliest drawings known to man

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

babypolis posted:

i hate the oatmeal guy so loving much. millions of real artists slumming out there while this fucker makes millions churning out the ugliest drawings known to man

The guy who did the Ol Spicy Keychain painting also has a kickstarter going right now, you could give to that if you want to support a good artist

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/90312210/slurricane-8?ref=category_popular

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
I hate social interaction and normal people. This is GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuungh
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Damo posted:

iirc the dude behind the oatmeal actually studied markets and such for his degree instead of art and based his comics around things that would optimize search engine hits. He didn't just stumble into being a well known internet thing he actually had a lot of expertise behind making it happen which is actually kinda cool in my opinion. Yeah the stuff he makes isn't exactly highbrow, but it's almost an art in itself how digestible his stuff is for pretty much everyone.

• Locked thread