Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

babypolis posted:

i hate the oatmeal guy so loving much. millions of real artists slumming out there while this fucker makes millions churning out the ugliest drawings known to man
the thing with this guy is that hes drawing exactly what people want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

a hole-y ghost posted:

the thing with this guy is that hes drawing exactly what people want.

perhaps thats why i hate him so much, it reminds me that most people have trash tastes

Korthal
May 26, 2011

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Damo posted:

Dude loving time magazine and the Washington post and poo poo like that covered it you massive queer try doing a Google news search on it before you say stupid poo poo out of your gently caress face

lol i bet you read about it in highlights for children

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
i dont think i would play this game unless a pretty girl asked me to

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom posted:

It's currently the seventh most successful kickstarter. But it's gonna pass Reading Rainbow tomorrow,

boom

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

boom boom boom posted:

I gave them 600 dollars, I'm getting 15 copies of both decks.

Chistmas shopping, DONE.

You monster

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

so cats are cute right. but what if they weren't, because of you.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Thinking about adding on some more to drop into those toy donation barrels grocery stores have at christmastime.

It's 2015, and there are still kids in this country who are too poor to back Kickstarters :(

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i was gonna donate some money to this starving child but instead im gonna give a hundred dollars to these internet people so they can make cards with cats on them

hail satan

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Im Elan Lee ask me anything.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Rapman the Cook posted:

I dont even know what this dumb loving poo poo for idiots is.

But OP does.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

DaveSplitter posted:

Im Elan Lee ask me anything.

are you mad that literally nobody knows who you are cuz this whole thing is pretty much successful only because of the Oatmeal guy

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i'm going to post some of the oatmeal. it may upset you.

imagine this sort of thing posted daily for years, as hairy men with those wooden eight-bit ties feverishly upvote it

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

lol that the something awful forums can ask who backed stupid poo poo when this place funds millions weekly into Star Citizen and remember Doobie me too

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
How easy is it to scam on Kickstarter? like, those ones where people are raising money for a 1-day internet celebrity (like the guy in Detroit who walks an 8 hour commute everyday for 20 years)? What's there to make sure they actually give the money to the people they're accepting donations for?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

astonishingly easy

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
I actually like elan lee because he made the ARG for that movie AI while at Microsoft. That was a really cool project.

The card game looks like it could be fun I guess.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

limeincoke posted:

How easy is it to scam on Kickstarter? like, those ones where people are raising money for a 1-day internet celebrity (like the guy in Detroit who walks an 8 hour commute everyday for 20 years)? What's there to make sure they actually give the money to the people they're accepting donations for?

well it'd be fraud if you just kept the money, which is a crime

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

CharlestonJew posted:

are you mad that literally nobody knows who you are cuz this whole thing is pretty much successful only because of the Oatmeal guy

I jizzed in ur oatmeal, how about them cinnamon apples? Who doesn't know me now? HUH!?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

who even eats oatmeal anymore? russians idk?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

katlington posted:

i'm just about to make some for breakfast

Hermetian
Dec 9, 2007
This is my new business model. Make a thing and get a webcomics person to scribble on it. Webcomics are poo poo at making money for how many people read them so anyone who can turn all those sweet nerdviews into money is going to be rolling in it.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

katlington posted:

I made some absolutely loving delicious oatmeal in my Zojirushi rice cooker last week. Rolled oats, butter, apples, blueberries, real Vermont maple syrup, cinnamon, tiny bit of nutmeg. Hot drat, that was delicious. Easily the best oatmeal I've ever had and it didn't involve any memes, utterly awful artwork, or terribly poo poo nerd "humor".

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Exploding kittens?

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Damo posted:

I made some absolutely loving delicious oatmeal in my Zojirushi rice cooker last week. Rolled oats, butter, apples, blueberries, real Vermont maple syrup, cinnamon, tiny bit of nutmeg. Hot drat, that was delicious. Easily the best oatmeal I've ever had and it didn't involve any memes, utterly awful artwork, or terribly poo poo nerd "humor".

:rolleyes:

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I didn't give the man money but I sometimes read his comics.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

ArbitraryC posted:

iirc the dude behind the oatmeal actually studied markets and such for his degree instead of art and based his comics around things that would optimize search engine hits. He didn't just stumble into being a well known internet thing he actually had a lot of expertise behind making it happen which is actually kinda cool in my opinion. Yeah the stuff he makes isn't exactly highbrow, but it's almost an art in itself how digestible his stuff is for pretty much everyone.

Yeah its cool. Really cool. I think its so cool how this guy did that. Very cool.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom posted:

It's currently the seventh most successful kickstarter. But it's gonna pass Veronica Mars some time this weekend, probably.

drat, 75 thou short.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

99 Headmates posted:

Yeah its cool. Really cool. I think its so cool how this guy did that. Very cool.

what's cool is how he is some fit marathon runner but draws himself as a fat sack of poo poo to appeal to and exploit his nerd fanbase. I love it

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

LeVar Burton worked his rear end off and dragged in a cavalcade of stars so he could raise as much money as possible for children's literacy but it turns out he could've just drawn some cats on cards and save all that effort.
On the plus side I guess you could play the card game even if you were functionally illiterate so I guess everyone wins in the end??

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

i dont think i would play this game unless a pretty girl asked me to

don't worry; she won't

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Damo posted:

Which of you losers backed exploding kittens on kickstarter

Damo posted:

Considering they've made like 10 trillion dollars in backing for their awful piece of poo poo monkey cheese "humor" card "game" it's only logical that a non insubstantial number of goons have backed it.

So, out with it. Which one of you backed this stupid piece of poo poo. I know you are out there. Or are you too afraid to admit it and :justpost: ?
op i think in your great excitement of posting on a messageboard (lololol gooon my goon goon goons goon) you forgot to actually make a joke in your "humor" thread

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Blue Train posted:

what's cool is how he is some fit marathon runner but draws himself as a fat sack of poo poo to appeal to and exploit his nerd fanbase. I love it

that is actually pretty cool

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
cool privilege is not giving a gently caress about this OP

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Damo posted:

136,630 stupid tasteless nerds giving 5 million dollars to a hack talentless gently caress who knows how to manipulate nerd culture for a poo poo card game that costs like 5 bucks per to make which they will play 2 times before getting sick of. Someone remind me again why the Internet is a Good Thing

Do you tell kids to get off your parents' lawn?

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
God, I'm behind on Internet memes. I thought this was going to be something like that old Bonsai Kittens hoax shock site, which so enraged one of my mates in high school that she did her public speaking presentation to English class on how cruel it was and it should be banned (not realising that they didn't really put kittens in jars).

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I like to play 1000 blank white cards. Creative and fun. I teach it to my students, as well. They like it a lot!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

ive literally never donated to a kickstarter so ive never seen this page, does this mean youve gotten swindled by kickstarter scams time and time again and havent learned your lesson?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Waltzing Along posted:

I've never backed something on kickstarter. I'm not dumb.

I'm regretting the poo poo out of not backing the jerkcity book

• Locked thread